Vet Progression?

Hazel

Veteran
Hey loves, I’m recently back to playing on my 20’s. No game time, no problem ☺️.

I’m wondering though...what fun things do you guys and girls go for in between queues?

I find myself just standing around in goldshire most of the time just bullshitting, but maybe there’s some cool achieves or items to go grind out?

I don’t intend to get game time anytime soon, mostly just curious what kind of “swag” things there are to pick up or do while I’m waiting for a bg to pop. Something to grind out that might add some cool-points to my main toon.

What do you do in between queues to progress your Vet?

Fish
a lot (kidding not kidding)

Seriously though, there's a lot to the PvE side of 20s that you can do, It's really too much to go over in one post. A good amount of us interested in collection and such have AllTheThings downloaded and use the "Filter Things By Level" filter to show us basically all the things we have the potential to collect (after applying extra filters that pertain to the individual's interests, you can set what you want it to tell you, for example, mine shows me all my missing FPs, but someone else's might not.)

Firstly, I think you should get your quests done, I mean like, all of them. Some other things I'd recommend for anyone getting into the collection side of 20s are Tol Barad, exploration / flight paths, Darkmoon Cannon (must have item for Tol Barad wins,) and fishing (very open ended profession in terms of what you can collect, TONS of shit to do with it.)

Fish
a lot (kidding not kidding)

Seriously though, there's a lot to the PvE side of 20s that you can do, It's really too much to go over in one post. A good amount of us interested in collection and such have AllTheThings downloaded and use the "Filter Things By Level" filter to show us basically all the things we have the potential to collect (after applying extra filters that pertain to the individual's interests, you can set what you want it to tell you, for example, mine shows me all my missing FPs, but someone else's might not.)

Firstly, I think you should get your quests done, I mean like, all of them. Some other things I'd recommend for anyone getting into the collection side of 20s are Tol Barad, exploration / flight paths, Darkmoon Cannon (must have item for Tol Barad wins,) and fishing (very open ended profession in terms of what you can collect, TONS of shit to do with it.)

Tons of great ideas here. Thanks! ❤️

Tons of great ideas here. Thanks! ❤️
Also, Legion fishing friends are pretty easy exalted reputations that you can bang out by yourself, WoWhead front page will tell you which friend is up on which day. Can get a shit load of bobber toys, a shirt, some other misc toys etc.

Exploration and FPs right off the bat make the holiday event collecting much easier down the line. Would probably prioritize that.

But its DMF right now, so so gadget cannon. Most of the games and races for fun toys can be done between ques as well. Lots and lots of cool stuff from DMF.

Also, Legion fishing friends are pretty easy exalted reputations that you can bang out by yourself, WoWhead front page will tell you which friend is up on which day. Can get a shit load of bobber toys, a shirt, some other misc toys etc.

It sounds like the first thing to do would be to grind out all my quests that are available, work on fishing, and then go for filling my collections tab just to start with, along with gathering misc things like flight points etc.

I think my main is going to be my mage. I’ll work on her first. I do regret not making a priest though, I’ve been maiming holy and disc for years, and I miss it.
[doublepost=1586479587,1586479516][/doublepost]
It sounds like the first thing to do would be to grind out all my quests that are available, work on fishing, and then go for filling my collections tab just to start with, along with gathering misc things like flight points etc.

I think my main is going to be my mage. I’ll work on her first. I do regret not making a priest though, I’ve been maiming holy and disc for years, and I miss it.

although Chops has a good point, I might work on DMF stuff first, since it’s up right now.

[doublepost=1586479587,1586479516][/doublepost]

although Chops has a good point, I might work on DMF stuff first, since it’s up right now.
I don't recommend doing these kinds of things multiple times, settle on a toon, and make that your main tbh. Alts are fine, but most ppl's alts are just queue bots.

And yeah, go get that cannon!

I don't recommend doing these kinds of things multiple times, settle on a toon, and make that your main tbh. Alts are fine, but most ppl's alts are just queue bots.

Cant second this hard enough. I have multiple alt vets and couldnt fathom doing all this on every one of them. I have one toon that I gather F2P pve stuff on and just switching from my old main to that main is a pain the ass.

Besides the cannon. Get that on every toon
upload_2020-4-9_20-37-26.png
upload_2020-4-9_20-37-59.png

Never hurts to make a horde alt
That's what I'm working on without a sub rn. I'm getting all the non-allied races to 20, doing quests for epics, and collecting mogs. Once you have the sub it's worth it to get some utility toons going for things like preparing noodles and one that can clear Wailing Caverns quickly for classes that use the slither-scale/fang gloves.

Users who are viewing this thread