Vet 20 Gearing Options DF prepatch; phase 2

Rodimus

A week ago, a lot of us were surprised to find some very high item levels on some of our gear, some gear that turned red because its required level inflated, and even a few that went down in stats!

Dungeon blues available to level 20 are item level 61. Many non SL/BFA dungeons only drop gear that require a higher level than 20, although I do have some gemmed ilev 61 BC gear that appears to be "grandfathered in." With the exception of ring and weapon enchants, there is a large gap (item level 60 - character level 50) where you can't really enchant gear, unless they were grandfathered in before the patch, it seems.

What item levels are the green and blue pvp rewards?

What item level are random epic upgrade quest rewards?
(i think blue rewards are 57 and green are 44)

Some of us made long intricate threads detailing this stuff months and weeks ago. I find it hard to understand that people in this forum were bamboozled by it

Didnt I see a post from you a few days ago where you said it was all miscalculated based on PTR?

No.
[doublepost=1669181281,1669180816][/doublepost]
Didnt I see a post from you a few days ago where you said it was all miscalculated based on PTR?

So far the only thing I got wrong, was the correct item level of Shadowlands gear.
I didn't really think about the fact that it potentially could be scaling improperly on beta, since it's newer, higher lvl content.
On beta SL dungeon and quest Blues & purples was ilvl 87/95 on beta, and got scaled properly with everything else, on the 15th.

Some info based around that was incorrect on 15th Nov.
Also made a few assumptions on BiS based on the info that was current at the time.
But it rarely stays the same anymore

The rest was on the spot, i think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread