EU+US Versatility, Crit and Haste. Help me dear god.

Kasend

Grandfathered
I'm looking to make my first twink a warrior and have found this all quite confusing, I apologize in advance for having so many questions!
1: Looking through the armory I've seen people stacking versatility(up to 15%) or crit(up to 40ish%)
Which is better? Or is a balance of the two superior? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Crødy/advanced Has a nice balance of the two.
2a: I've seen fury warriors stacking haste as well, is that a better choice compared to the other two?
2b: Crusader is also used instead of elemental force, does crusader stack or is the proc so low it needs to be doubled up.
3: I haven't seen any fury warriors with one handers http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gundrak/Krystalhawk/advanced
<-- Is able to bring the 3.60 swing time down to 2.59 why not use one handers, or even one handers with crit? Any advice would be appreciated!

I can only speak for Fury, but I feel like Haste is just as good as Vers. Your Bloodthirst CD is reduced quite a bit, can't recall off the top of my head, but it's at least a sec faster. Bloodthirst also has an extra 40% Crit chance hence I didn't bother with Crit.
I did a heap of tests with Fury, and I found against a stationary target I was able to keep DPS up higher with Haste than with Vers. But in PvP, this means you need to stick to your target. If you find that difficult, then definitely go Vers for the bigger hits.
Double handers provide greater stats, hence more Stam and greater Str.
With regards to chants, definetly Crusader. I tried many chants extensively, and double Crusader is by far the best DPS outcome. I tried double Ele Force, Crusader + Ele Force etc, but double Crusader wins hands down. Even trialled switching to Strike of the Hydra then to double Ele Force for the extra poison procs on the target, but still no comparison to double Crusader. Double Ele is up there, but no at the same level as Crusader which procs quite often. Not sure but I believe Haste may even increase the procs.
I can't say much for Arms or Prot as I've never tried them, but I have done a lot of testing on the Fury and found my current set up to be the best for my PvP style. It's probably a little light on the Stam side, but it hits frequently, fast and hard!;)

edit : and yes, Crusader stacks.

I can't speak for fury, since the spec is rather nieche and noone plays it. Arms is simply the superior spec. And here's why. Arms has rend, which does tons of spread pressure. Especially with Crusader procs. Arms also has Mortal Strike, which is a great debuff. As for enchants, versatility is the best, and here's why. Versatility doesn't just increase damage, it also reduces damage taken. And given that you are a frontliner, you wan't to minmax your stats the best way. Now, since versatility offers both offensive AND defensive utility, it just outshines the other enchants. Hope this helped.

My advice is the following:

Arms

Gear up: stamina need until you have at least 4.4k hp inside BG. Then stack attack power and crit. Forget haste, Rend doesn't effected by it.
Weapon: Bloodied Arcanite Reaper
Enchant your armor: versatility.
Enchant your weapon: Elemental Force all the way (for Rend). Forget Crusader!
Trinkets:
1x Inherited Mark of Tyranny 1x Defending Champion.
You definitely need huge amount of hp, you will be in the first line or deeper. You have got multiple targets at same time. You often have to use these trinkets, and mostly you will switch and stay in Defensive Stance.

If you want to be at the top of the scoreboard by kills (it has the most powerful Execution) and overall damage, then choose Arms. But you barely solo any healer or efc. You should team up for this.

Fury

Gear up: stack attack power, then crit. Stamina need until you have at least 3.8k hp inside BG.
Weapons: (only two-handed!)
2x Bloodied Arcanite Reaper or
1x Bloodied Arcanite Reaper 1x Reforged Trusilver Champion
Enchant your armor: haste.
Enchant your weapons:
1x Dancing Steel 1x Elemental Force
Trinkets:
2x Swift Hand of Justice or
1x Swift Hand of Justice 1x Defending Champion (if you need more stamina).

Dancing Steel is widely underrated, but it's worth to try. I find it suitable for warriors, I tell you why:
- Crusader's proc rate is too low. Crusader is good for Retribution, because paladin builds up holy power slower. Paladin can selfheal and has got shield, so he can survive longer. Fury doesn't have time to wait until it procs. You die sooner or your target (druid, hunter) has already escaped. I always feel Crusader procs in wrong time (too late), and it's mostly wasted. The next proc will be far away.
- Dancing Steel doesn't have Internal Cooldown, so it can be refresh! It has high proc rate under Real Procs Per Minute system: that means as time passes the proc chance will grow fast. In addition, the number of proc per minute is increased by your haste %. I feel Dancing Steel is always up, it becomes active shortly after I charge. 20+ strength is always better now, than 100+ ap too late or never.

Veteran Fury's damage is high enough to kill any 29s. Choose Double Time and don't be lazy to farm Swiftness potions. You will be nightmare of any druids and hunters. If you want kill healers and solo efc, choose Fury. But you won't be the top killer, your Execution is weaker and mostly you don't have enough rage for it.

If you can't decide between these spec, make another warrior. One for Arms, one for Fury. Nowadays, making a nearly BiS 20 takes less than 1 day with heirloom tab. You can enchant it later. That's the best thing in low level PvP. You don't need to respec/regear all time or level up another character to 100.

...Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:
I'm looking to make my first tink a warrior and have found this all quite confusing, I apologize in advance for having so many questions!
1: Looking through the armory I've seen people stacking versatility(up to 15%) or crit(up to 40ish%)
Which is better? Or is a balance of the two superior? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Crødy/advanced Has a nice balance of the two.
2a: I've seen fury warriors stacking haste as well, is that a better choice compared to the other two?
2b: Crusader is also used instead of elemental force, does crusader stack or is the proc so low it needs to be doubled up.
3: I haven't seen any fury warriors with one handers http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gundrak/Krystalhawk/advanced
<-- Is able to bring the 3.60 swing time down to 2.59 why not use one handers, or even one handers with crit? Any advice would be appreciated!
Haste for fury is shit, no sustain damage.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Lîn/advanced
this is how you properly gear a fury warrior to do the max amount of damage while still being tanky enough

Haste for fury is shit, no sustain damage.
Before my sub expired, for the record I ran a massive amount of tests with so many different chants, weapons and gear. This was only for Fury, but I tested almost every combo of chant / weapon available.
WoWScrnShot_051515_233556_zpsudw3welo.jpg

U can see the weapons in the bank, this is after I deleted some of the crap chants for space. I did a heap of tests at the Theramore Dummy.
WoWScrnShot_071915_180510_zpsgymmfbaa.jpg

I honestly found Haste consitently performed better (DPS wise that is). So much so I opted to lose the benefit of the Vers damage reduction so I could keep the Haste chants. Quite often, with the high Haste, you can knock out a Bloodthirst and followed by 3 x Wild Strikes in quick succession, which is something you can't do without the Haste, and if you have a Crusader pop in this time, it's lights out to even the toughest opponent. Vers is good also, but I found Haste was able to maintain the higher DPS for longer periods than Vers.
IMO, I'd go Haste for straight up DPS. I have also a Vers + Stam set which takes me to about 5.5k (6k buffed) in arena if I feel I'm going to take some damage. So, from my tests and experience, for DPS it's Haste > Vers > Crit for Fury.

i have tried both specs with both crit/haste but i will always go for versatility
i chose versa + stamina set because of % damage reduction, its good against sustained damage which are those im charging most of the time, i think versa could work better for pugs because the lack of healers on this bracket, and haste should work better on arenas

Before my sub expired, for the record I ran a massive amount of tests with so many different chants, weapons and gear. This was only for Fury, but I tested almost every combo of chant / weapon available.
WoWScrnShot_051515_233556_zpsudw3welo.jpg

U can see the weapons in the bank, this is after I deleted some of the crap chants for space. I did a heap of tests at the Theramore Dummy.
WoWScrnShot_071915_180510_zpsgymmfbaa.jpg

I honestly found Haste consitently performed better (DPS wise that is). So much so I opted to lose the benefit of the Vers damage reduction so I could keep the Haste chants. Quite often, with the high Haste, you can knock out a Bloodthirst and followed by 3 x Wild Strikes in quick succession, which is something you can't do without the Haste, and if you have a Crusader pop in this time, it's lights out to even the toughest opponent. Vers is good also, but I found Haste was able to maintain the higher DPS for longer periods than Vers.
IMO, I'd go Haste for straight up DPS. I have also a Vers + Stam set which takes me to about 5.5k (6k buffed) in arena if I feel I'm going to take some damage. So, from my tests and experience, for DPS it's Haste > Vers > Crit for Fury.

Winner! "Claps" You have certainly convinced me, that is a serious amount of research right there.

Sorry I have another question while on the topic of warriors. I've noticed that "Silver Scaled Belt" seems to be the most popular belt, it's from an alliance quest yet somehow even horde have it? And I really to appreciate all the responses so far! It's really nice seeing such a helpful community!

Sorry I have another question while on the topic of warriors. I've noticed that "Silver Scaled Belt" seems to be the most popular belt, it's from an alliance quest yet somehow even horde have it? And I really to appreciate all the responses so far! It's really nice seeing such a helpful community!
I believe the Silver Scaled Belt is the most popular as it's the best balanced belt, by that I mean it scales well with Stam, Str and Crit. You can get belts with more Str, or with more Stam, but none are as balanced with all good stats like the Silver Scaled Belt.
Those who have it on Horde must have at some point faction changed. You also need to have an active sub to be able to faction change.

crusader doesnt stack, only renews the current proc. Also for arms i use 3 different weps so when u get à proc change wep then proc change wep so u stack them, noone can outheal you with 3 crusaders.

for fury, versa>haste. use 2 sets of weps there too.

Yeah this is actually crazy, and I used to be vehemently against it, but Haste is better for Fury.

Oldspike and I did something like 500 dummy tests (Warrior DPSing into a Healer), and Haste Fury always had higher damage by a significant margin - in fact, the burst was higher with Haste than it was with Critical Strike.

This was as a F2P Warrior, so I can't speak to Versatility vs. Haste Enchants. I would expect that Haste is better for damage, but Versatility will keep you in the game longer; especially since you will need to rely on Battle Stance much more often than Arms will.

Crit just isn't consistent enough. I knew Haste was better for rogues, but it wasn't until my spreadsheet that I found haste was exactly TWICE as good as crit. Though, Haste does have an astounding effect on energy regen, especially for combat...

Yea... But iirc the damage range on that is pretty bad. I'd go damage range>strength>haste. One with all 3 is great. But oldspike would probably know better then I... Anyone have scaled stats on haunting blade, I remember seeing and thinking that things a monster.

It's pretty good, but it's not worth the stamina trade in any non-pve situation.

Users who are viewing this thread