Vendetta - Useless in 3.1?

iaccidentallytwink

Guild Master
Vendetta suffered a heavy nerf in 3.0.2 when we lost the pushback advantage it gave, but now we're getting hit even harder because of the Poison changes. In 3.1 it will be completely useless for anything but Crippling poison because Instant poison will be PPM.

Thoughts? I want to make a 29 rogue but without Instant Poison would it be worth it? I also just got Vendetta for 200 gold and want to use it, but it doesn't look like I should with the changes.

I don't ever use instant poison. I double crippling. Vendetta would be awesome for crippling as you could use instant or mind numbing on the other and still get off crippling with vendetta's speed.

blizz's poison nerfs are based on what is happening with haste at higher levels, also with rogues using S&D more, along with the talent that refreshes S&D to full points.

so what happens at 80, affects and nerfs rogues bad at lower levels. where as mages, palidans and hunters are making out like rats when it comes to buffs

I too have been considering a 29 rogue, and I was wondering how Skullbreaker holds up to Vandetta, I know its hella slow, but if you are double crippling it might not be too bad, and with the availability of mongoose...*drool* anyone ever tried this?

I love damage just as much as the next guy and my 29 pours it out, but personally I would just go crippling OH and instant MH and still wreck anyone that stands in your way. It kind of works out Ideal for those of us that use Poker MH and Vendetta OH.

That is a debate for another thread, but I find that Poker pre 3.1 will BS for 500+ all day long and even if the proc is white damage, that still makes up the majority of our DPS. Granted I have never used Claw, but my 29 rogue has been dominating BGs since 3 months into BC.

:edit: in all honesty I am one of those rogues that uses Shadowpanther.net as my starting point, and uses wowhead comments and personal experience after to fine tune things.

hehe, true enough - and you said "poker pre 3.1 will BS for 500+ all day long" is that being changed in 3.1? O: lol...ive been keeping up with most of the posts and mmo, but haven't really looked at the rogue changes

Not really just noting that we will have a hit in DPS output a little due to leg enchants and librams, granted the over all effect of HP loss compared to the minimal AP/crit loss will make my hard hitting BSes even more amazing.

can everyone leave the name or armory link of ur 29s i just bought vendetta for 150g and i want to know what a rly good 29 rogue looks like AP set preferrably but any is fine

Yeah, that's what I was thinking :D With everyone losing from 30-80 stamina, the health pool of a lot of people will be MUCH lower. And many rogues use the 40 stam/12 agi leg armor, which is only a loss of 12 agility. And probably another 8 from helm :\ but still, 20 agi loss for rogues, compared to 500 health or more loss on other classes

Spooksters said:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking :D With everyone losing from 30-80 stamina, the health pool of a lot of people will be MUCH lower. And many rogues use the 40 stam/12 agi leg armor, which is only a loss of 12 agility. And probably another 8 from helm :\ but still, 20 agi loss for rogues, compared to 500 health or more loss on other classes

Some people will be losing up to 1,400 HP.

Shoulders - 30 Stam

Legs - 40 Stam

Mining - 50 Stam

Chest - 100 HP

Head - 100 HP

Sadly, I'm losing legs and mining =/.

If you're looking for armory links for rogues, I happen to have the best geared 29 rogue in the world...

[char=Skywall]Wtscritspst[/char]

If you think I should have something else, its in my bags. Including the AP set, which I'm only missing 22 ap boots and 18 em cuffs (gl getting that) I do however have 2 7 agi tigers =P

BTW this is pretty sad really. All you guys arguing over this crap, and no one once said MH sharpening stone, OH crip. That is the only setup. Unless your a nub, then anything is fine. This is the very reason why pwndepot is pro, and twinkinfo is full of nubs.

Kazin said:
If you're looking for armory links for rogues, I happen to have the best geared 29 rogue in the world...

[char=Skywall]Wtscritspst[/char]

If you think I should have something else, its in my bags. Including the AP set, which I'm only missing 22 ap boots and 18 em cuffs (gl getting that) I do however have 2 7 agi tigers =P

BTW this is pretty sad really. All you guys arguing over this crap, and no one once said MH sharpening stone, OH crip. That is the only setup. Unless your a nub, then anything is fine. This is the very reason why pwndepot is pro, and twinkinfo is full of nubs.

If you believe that there is only one setup for anything in this game you are the nub my friend.

The Vendetta is still a good weapon choice. I suggest, liek other have stated, to not use instant but instead use double crippling.

Good luck with the chocie you make,

Shank said:
If you believe that there is only one setup for anything in this game you are the nub my friend.

If you believe there is something better for dagger spec than mh sharpening stone oh crip than you are the nub my friend. If you really disagree, then I guess you're just bad at math like the majority of the posters here.

Fake edit: confirmed you suck at math. Nice gear/chants.

Kazin said:
If you believe there is something better for dagger spec than mh sharpening stone oh crip than you are the nub my friend. If you really disagree, then I guess you're just bad at math like the majority of the posters here.

Fake edit: confirmed you suck at math. Nice gear/chants.

If you're talking pure damage then yes, sharpening stone is probably the best, though I've never tried, and now I shall. You made it seem that its the best period though, and i've faced many hella good twink priests and pallies where mind numbing came into play and helped win it.

Users who are viewing this thread