Using Donor status as an Initial Income and for Recruitment

On another Xenforo forum I use, the ability to make groups is only accessible to donors though anyone can be invited.

You could use a lifetime "donor" status of $X price to help with the initial funding requirements. Once this startup window is gone, a paltry annual donation could be required for donor status.

For recruitment, one could obtain lifetime donor status by recruiting new members. During registration, ask for a referral name, if any. Recruit X new members, get lifetime donor status. Yes, this could be gamed, but the ability to create groups is hardly that much incentive.

Last edited:
Or, you know, keep all the features on the website free, and let people donate if they want to?

Or, you know, keep all the features on the website free, and let people donate if they want to?
Yes, that's the obvious inverse of what I had suggested- you know, the reality that a website needs financial support for sustainment and development. See, I can be snide in my replies too :)

A more appropriate and insightful reply might have been, "Financial accountability and transparency would go a long way in these early stages. It would be ideal for all donation money above direct website costs to be funneled into Twink Cup prizes."

Yes, that's the obvious inverse of what I had suggested- you know, the reality that a website needs financial support for sustainment and development. See, I can be snide in my replies too :)

A more appropriate and insightful reply might have been, "Financial accountability and transparency would go a long way in these early stages. It would be ideal for all donation money above direct website costs to be funneled into TC prizes."
Sorry, if it came off the wrong way. I just don't agree. And to my understanding, funding this website will hopefully not be a problem, due to chance of XPoff.com getting AdSense

This website is financially stable already and should remain a free tool for all who choose to use it. Good intention tho. We will have donations open eventually and the money will be used for the website/community. If your looking to donate in the mean time to the website/community you can do it via twitch.tv/theNWL and I'll make sure it ends up in the right places

Users who are viewing this thread