Useless Fishing Tournament Info

Drayner

Creator of Twinkinfo
When I used to play, I used to be quite the fisherman. Multiple hats in a day, etc... In fact, I once caught 3 hats on 3 different 19s in 1 hour. Anyhow, that's ancient history, like me.

Since I came back a month ago, I have been fishing on my 20. I already had Boots, Hat, and Arcanite Fishing Pole from when the toon was a 19 and then 24. I wanted to get the fishing trinket and got it last weekend. This weekend, since Boots of the Bay are now wearable by low levels, I went for them and got them. I also wanted to get a couple of Fishing Lines for a couple of poles I don't have them on. I struck out on getting a Dezian Queenfish though.

fishing2.jpg

Here's the Useless Fishing Tournament Info

Since I have been gone, the fishing tournament has changed. The premise is the same, but the implementation is different. Now there is a tracker that counts the Tasty Fish like other quests and it's a zone "World Quest" that automatically starts if you're in the zone.

If you get to 40, get back to Riggle Bassbait and turn in and you can choose your reward. Arcanite Fishing Pole, Hook of the Master Angler, Dread Pirate Ring, Boots of the Bay, or High Test Eternium Fishing Line. Last week I got the Hook, this week the boots.

fishing3.jpg

Here's the thing, if you win, you can continue to fish (2pm to 4pm) but you won't catch Tasty Fish anymore. When you catch one, nothing will be looted. It looks like it's bugged. So... will you be able to loot anything? Yes, FOR SCIENCE, I tested this. In the pools, I was able to fish up Stranglekelp, Oily Blackmouth, Firefin Snapper, Iron Bound Trunks, and.... Brownell's Blue Striped Racer and Keefer's Angelfish. I imagine you can also still catch a Dezian Queenfish and even the Rockhide Strongfish too.

fishing4.jpg

So if, for some odd reason, you are still after the hat or boots, keep on fishing even though it seems bugged.

fishing6.jpg fishing5.jpg

If this week was during Burning Crusade, I'd call it a great day!

fishing1.jpg

PS. How can you be a level 60 and not know how to fish? I saw this toon 3-4 times and every time, the bobber wasn't even close to the pools. I dunno. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread