Use this link to create & organize your gear/talent builds [classic]

jwl

FC - Pagle

This link allows you to easily create & organize your highly anticipated classic WOW characters.

It's simple to use:
you click on an armor slot, filter it any way you'd like, and it'll show you every possible item usable for that slot. Filters include drop source, phase, search engine, etc...
You can also predetermine your talent point selection and view your stat sheets.
I'll be working on quite a few different builds that I plan to one day bring to life, and I'll be sure to send a link to those as well :)

If you're working on a build, post it here! I would love some inspiration/new ideas.

My first twink ever was a 19 Gnome Rogue back in TBC. Geared somewhat similar to this, thanks to the help of my older brother. AGMs would be perfect, of course.

Screenshot (195).png

Screenshot (196).png

Screenshot (197).png
Screenshot (204).png

Screenshot (200).png

Screenshot (201).png

Screenshot (205).png

Last edited:
Someone improve my 49 elemental shaman build. Or put together a 39 one ;)

Unh I can't stop playing with the talent calculators! So much customisable fun!!! Can't wait :D

If I could change anything on retail WOW it'd be the talent system. It really has no personality to it these days. Rift and old school WOW by far have the best calculators. But yeah man, lots of customization and personality to it. Really excited for classic

My 49 rogue template (phase 3)

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (6).png

Helmet:
Leatherworking
Neck: PVP
Shoulder: Maraudon
Cloak: World drop
Chest - Quest https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=717 (req. 40)
Bracer: Leatherworking
Gloves: Quest https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=5242 (req. 48)
Boots: Maraudon
Ring #1: Quest https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=4300 (req. 48)
Ring #2: Quest https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=2768/divino-matic-rod (req. 40)
Trinket #1: Quest https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=7862 (req. 46)
Trinket #2: World drop
Weapon #1: Quest https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=5385 (req. 49)
Weapon #2: PVP
Weapon #3: PVP

If you're going to use this as reference, be sure to discover all of these zones (in full) prior to entering them, and do your quest ASAP!!

Last edited:
My 49 rogue template

As much as I loved daggers, I feel like hemo was a better overall build to the point where I could not avoid it.

just saying. The likelihood of there being any "noob" levelers that cant hide their back from you by phase three is low... and you do have to be behind to backstab in vanilla, otherwise you're just auto attacking and spamming SS.

Not being elitist or doom and gloom... but it's "new" now. By phase three the hype will be kaput.
[doublepost=1566810291,1566810106][/doublepost]except ganking in world PvP… at least youll have that.

As much as I loved daggers, I feel like hemo was a better overall build to the point where I could not avoid it.

just saying. The likelihood of there being any "noob" levelers that cant hide their back from you by phase three is low... and you do have to be behind to backstab in vanilla, otherwise you're just auto attacking and spamming SS.

Not being elitist or doom and gloom... but it's "new" now. By phase three the hype will be kaput.
[doublepost=1566810291,1566810106][/doublepost]except ganking in world PvP… at least youll have that.

This is all a new experience to me. I started in tbc, and even then, I was still too young to fully understand things. This is just a template that I’m going to be working with, and tweaking as time goes on . A rough draft* if you will.

And nothing wrong with it... just offering that I stubbornly played daggers as long as I could, hemo spec was just better. As there's likely to be more premades than levelers (just my opinion tho) its really hard to stay behind someone after your initial opener if they're anywhere near half decent at the game. Too many slows and stuns to maintain position to BS.

But it's also fun just blowing people up in a few globals too - just once you're out of stealth, you're out of position mostly.

And nothing wrong with it... just offering that I stubbornly played daggers as long as I could, hemo spec was just better. As there's likely to be more premades than levelers (just my opinion tho) its really hard to stay behind someone after your initial opener if they're anywhere near half decent at the game. Too many slows and stuns to maintain position to BS.

But it's also fun just blowing people up in a few globals too - just once you're out of stealth, you're out of position mostly.

Between a 100% critical chance on ambush and 55% critical chance on backstab, I wouldn’t expect to have trouble killing anyone? What weapons do you suggest?

I wouldn’t expect to have trouble killing anyone?

Ok.... then what? Are you going to sit in stealth the entire game? Ambush, BS, vanish, wait 5 mins for vanish to reset?

Once you're out of stealth, that's when PvP begins. There's a lot more to rogue than ambush/eviscerate. It's not your weapons that are an issue, it's a build that only worries about damage done from behind your opponent. Getting hemo and swapping to a 1h sword or mace (WSG sword is fine) once you've done your stabbing will serve you far better than 6 kills per 30 minutes.

Hemorrhage is cheaper than SS and BS and lets you attack from any angle, building combo points for control/damage. Also adds a bleed, if memory serves, to help you in rogue v rogue fights so THEY don't vanish and try your stabby build on you. You CAN use it with daggers if you want to maintain your stabby preference, so you're not just sitting at full energy when you cant get into position for a backstab. There's months to prepare for BG anyway, and PvE don't offer up their backs all that often so you'll get used to alternatives along the way.

I loved playing your build, don't get me wrong - I just know from experience that it's not all that great at anything but ganks. (edit- oh... and blowing up enemy FC. So plus there.)

edit- ok. 3.5 minutes on vanish since you specced into it. Was just an example and don't want you to get ruffled cuz it's not 5. One fairie fire and your whole build becomes only as good as your opponent is bad. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Ok.... then what? Are you going to sit in stealth the entire game? Ambush, BS, vanish, wait 5 mins for vanish to reset?

Once you're out of stealth, that's when PvP begins. There's a lot more to rogue than ambush/eviscerate. It's not your weapons that are an issue, it's a build that only worries about damage done from behind your opponent. Getting hemo and swapping to a 1h sword or mace (WSG sword is fine) once you've done your stabbing will serve you far better than 6 kills per 30 minutes.

Hemorrhage is cheaper than SS and BS and lets you attack from any angle, building combo points for control/damage. Also adds a bleed, if memory serves, to help you in rogue v rogue fights so THEY don't vanish and try your stabby build on you. You CAN use it with daggers if you want to maintain your stabby preference, so you're not just sitting at full energy when you cant get into position for a backstab. There's months to prepare for BG anyway, and PvE don't offer up their backs all that often so you'll get used to alternatives along the way.

I loved playing your build, don't get me wrong - I just know from experience that it's not all that great at anything but ganks. (edit- oh... and blowing up enemy FC. So plus there.)

edit- ok. 3.5 minutes on vanish since you specced into it. Was just an example and don't want you to get ruffled cuz it's not 5. One fairie fire and your whole build becomes only as good as your opponent is bad. Does that make sense?

This is all a new experience to me. I started in tbc, and even then, I was still too young to fully understand things. This is just a template that I’m going to be working with, and tweaking as time goes on . A rough draft* if you will.

Users who are viewing this thread