59 < Unobtainium > [NA] [A] [PvP] [Classic]

do you reckon 59 will be a thing?i wanna twink high levels 39 49 even 59 but im not sure if its gonna be worth it cause its gonna be a huge grind to get leveled geared ...on the other hand if youre in a full server i guess it doesnt matter you can just gank anything that moves that isnt raid geared with ease,sell us a bit on it if you may

Yes 59 will be a thing. Keep in mind PVP gear/battlegrounds won't be released until the "Second Wave of Content" (as of right now), it might even release later if they decide to do a Dire Maul wave instead of releasing it with the launch, so people will have time to get a main and get another character up as well.

I get the "huge grind" aspect though. It's up to the individual, the main reason I will do it is because I will never have the time to raid, but I will have the time to make myself strong enough to own my bracket and own 90% of the 60's out there.

I have a dumb question: Why would you want to twink at 59 vs 60? The PVP bracket as I recall is 51-60.

I can't remember if in Vanilla lower level characters gained more effect from certain stats. I know in the current game it takes Much less critical strike rating to equal 1% critical strike chance at lower levels. Is that the main advantage of 59, superior scaling values?

The PVP bracket as I recall is 51-60.

That was just AV. At one point, anyway.

edit- Annnnnnnd… that just gave me a little inspiration to actually play classic. Old AV. Kinda forgot about that.

At what point is that scheduled to be implemented? It is, I hope...

I'm sorry, I totally wasn't interested in classic before this point. I recall hearing it's "free" if you have a WoW sub? Is that accurate? Is that monthly or just the initial bundle? I can look all this up, not a problem - just selling 59 like someone asked. I kind of just sold myself a little bit... at 59 you'll be top of WSG and AB and also have access to AV, right?

The only bracket to get that aside from 60, if I recall?

Last edited:
@OP I can only see one of the items when looking at that spreadsheet (hand of edward the odd in OH). What am I doing wrong?

Also I've considered a 59 rogue recently. Since my main 2 accounts (60 rogue + 60 druid) can farm DM north, I've thought about a 59 rogue twink on a 3rd account. All the DM north gear only requires lvl 56-58 to equip even though it has some stats comparable to MC drops. So I can get almost a full set of gear from tribute, cho'rush the observer and the named guards. It would be easy too since a NE 59 rogue with 5/5 mod would still have stealth good enough. And since I only kill 1 boss and 1 patrol near the end boss, I could die at the end and avoid all exp gains.

But as I mentioned in the other thread, my only concern is that lvl 50 - 59 players would mostly be interested in queuing 51-60 AV for rep. So even if cross realm BGS exist (I think they will), will there be enough pops? IDK

@raziel83
you download the document, instructions are there in the top left corner, unfortunately, I don't think the drop menus interact with users while in google docs.

I also plan to have a 60 Druid for my main. We should definitely coordinate some DM North runs. I have some plans for that. Feel free to join the Classic 59 discord I made, link is on the first post above.

@Symandria
"I have a dumb question: Why would you want to twink at 59 vs 60? The PVP bracket as I recall is 51-60."

For me it's a preference, and it was 51-60 but only for AV.

I do it because it's as close as BIS as I'll ever get if I went 60, I'll have access to all but one talent point, and because I'm not going to have time for raiding, I can get a since of accomplishment because it's my 59 I'm trying to max. I never played Vanilla so I can't say for sure what it will be like but I have read others comments from people who did it at that time and 59's were a thing. I've always enjoyed doing what others don't normally do. There's the additional challenge of getting an epic mount before level 60, which can be done. I like the idea of owning level 60's who should otherwise destroy me. And owning WSG and AB, hopefully.

To me I've never liked lower level PVP because you don't have a mount, less talent points, and everyone is a twink, and everyone twinks 19's (see the poll I created). Higher levels are less congested, you stand out more, it's not as face roll, and there so much more variety to the things you can do.

Last edited:
49s will be so much fun in classic. Atal'ai gear being usable again with all the variants made for some really interesting builds. ST runs till the end of time.

49s will be so much fun in classic. Atal'ai gear being usable again with all the variants made for some really interesting builds. ST runs till the end of time.

I didn't add all the 49 twink gear but there is some in there

That was just AV. At one point, anyway.

edit- Annnnnnnd… that just gave me a little inspiration to actually play classic. Old AV. Kinda forgot about that.

At what point is that scheduled to be implemented? It is, I hope...

I'm sorry, I totally wasn't interested in classic before this point. I recall hearing it's "free" if you have a WoW sub? Is that accurate? Is that monthly or just the initial bundle? I can look all this up, not a problem - just selling 59 like someone asked. I kind of just sold myself a little bit... at 59 you'll be top of WSG and AB and also have access to AV, right?

The only bracket to get that aside from 60, if I recall?

I'm glad you have a reason to look forward to classic :) AV should be released with PVP battlegrounds in content set 2 of 4, so the first big patch post launch. I believe they said big patches might be released every 3 months or something.

If you have a current wow sub, you won't need to pay for a separate sub each month. I don't know if their will be an initial cost for purchasing classic wow.

The rest of what you said sounds right :)

I read your thread on the forums and just thought I'd ask/point out that it's pretty apparent they will be using the updated versions of the PvP rewards which means that level 59 twinks won't be able to wear the blue pvp gear as it will require level 60 to use. ("The items you earn from the PvP Rank Rewards will be the versions from patch 1.12" - https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/classic-pvp-content-plan/146049.)
Yes, this is likely the case. The original BG rewards usable by lower levels (Like the 60 in my sig) was removed prior to the patch they seem to plan on releasing the content as.

I read your thread on the forums and just thought I'd ask/point out that it's pretty apparent they will be using the updated versions of the PvP rewards which means that level 59 twinks won't be able to wear the blue pvp gear as it will require level 60 to use. ("The items you earn from the PvP Rank Rewards will be the versions from patch 1.12" - https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/classic-pvp-content-plan/146049.)

Yup and I'm still full steam ahead for 59.

I'd join up but the orc stun resist is just horrible to deal with as a rogue so I'll see you from the horde side lol

@Dorado Can't blame you it can be frustrating. It is tempting for me to go Horde as I main a shaman in retail and have to decide to give it up to stay on the Alliance. But that said, everyone will be going Horde, or at least it feels that way. I'm interested in trying something different.

I was considering a Holy Pally for this bracket but reading your guides, it sounds like a multi-year effort as phases of content release. Do you think it’s still possible to get decently geared in the mean-time though to carry more than your own weight in a BG even if not 59 yet?

The multiple years doesn’t completely deter me as you could probably spend years farming POD for 39s as well just for example.

Well it's multi years in the respect that from Phase 1 to Phase 6 it's going to be a couple years (best guess). However, it all depends. The main reason you hold off on getting to 59 right away may depend on your wants. Do you want to try and get some ZG gear? Do you want to try and get Tier 0.5? However, if you just farm dungeons for gear they can be accessed at very low levels in comparison - BRD = 40, Strat / Scholo / Dire Maul = 45, UBRS/LBRS = 47.

In theory you can get all the gear you need well before you hit 58-59. You just need a main likely, and a group to help with carries, this is where the guild comes in, we try to help each other. You could have with very good BOE's, and by the end of Phase 2 what you need if you aren't looking for other pieces to fill out your character. Keep in mind the best version of gear becomes available in the patch it was created, and gear will appear (should appear) when it was introduced to the game, so even some good BOE's don't become available until later phases.

My guides are there to cover what I think is possible and BIS, not always what is necessary. Hope that's helpful.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread