Upsides of F2P

Bracketeer

Legend
I've been twinking at 19 in WotLK, and Cata i've been 24. I've never considered going f2p. Are there any real upsides? Is it considered nooby to go 24 and kill F2p players or something? I've been noticing more 20s f2p than 24's aswell.

-- Bracketeer, 24 Prot Paladin.

To the best of our knowledge the bracket is somewhere in the vicinity of 85% 20 trials. So generally speaking there is a stigma around 24 twinking in the belief that people roll 24's to pwn trials without any real challenge. I can't honestly say there are many distinct advantages to F2P twinking over P2P other than being part of many of the great F2P communities that are cropping up on various servers. Of course there is always the ENORMOUS community on Aerie Peak, the general sense of camaraderie, and the many world PvP events that are scheduled on a pretty regular basis.

There are some random guilds that do premades, but lets be honest. Do you really need to premade with that much of a gear/enchant advantage?

IMO if you want to roll an underpowered class putting a few enchants on things is fine, but i despise those 24 pallies with 2-3k hp coming in fully buffed with a holy pally pocket heals and/or 3-4 24 hunters. *points finger at [won't say name, rhymes with shitster]*

PvP twinking is testing yourself against other people in a relatively even battle. Any 24 fully BoA'd and enchanted worth their salt should be able to take 2-3 normal non hunter classes. I guess I feel this way simply because having that much of an advantage is extremely boring to me, and other people (generally classified as baddies or other crude words) don't see it that way.

I generally don't mind a lone 24, or even 2 of them as long as 1 isn't a pocket heals, but 5 man 24 premades piss me off an ruin the bracket. It's worse when they farm.

Keep 2 sets of gear, 1 for normal pvp, the other for fighting off 24 premades

So, better to be 24 or 20 on aerie peak? lol.

24's on AP are generally shunned, in fact the mod we use to talk to each other specifically blocks 24's from talking.

There have been scheduled events in Outlands for example in which a tower siege scenario is played out. There have been others as well.

24's on AP are generally shunned, in fact the mod we use to talk to each other specifically blocks 24's from talking.

my biggest peev with AP, you rely on p2ps but shun them

There have been scheduled events in Outlands for example in which a tower siege scenario is played out. There have been others as well.

not as regular as you made out though :p

I'd love to get a few 20s (and 24s) together to hash out some discussion on this very topic. If interested in being involved in a conversation like this, let me know by PM.

-Ink

P.S. Droodelf, I love your avatar.

The upsides of being a trial is that you don't have to pay for guild hierlooms and enchants.
You can easily reroll in 2-3 days if you want another class.
You don't have to pay for the game!!! :)

And 24s are usually mass targetted by everyone.

If u roll lvl24, u going to be hated by alot of ppl in this community(principally if u roll lvl24hunter).
if u are already in p2p roll a lvl24 alliance :)

thats the annoying thing, i play f2p, i play 24s and i have a 20 p2p, i was actually healing you last night on.

on my 24 im a noob, on my 20 p2p im a slacker that didnt wonna honor grind, on my f2p i'm one of the boys o_O

alright time for my perspective. a year ago i had a p2p acc with 70 bis twink rogue and 19's and 24's of every class all bis except hunters. 70 was most fun but guild fell apart so meh. 19's are too bursty and pizza ruins every picnic he sees so that makes 19's crap. 24's were fun the first 10 bg's but killing people so easily just got old. so i rolld f2p .

pros
FREE
Least bursty bracket (without 24's)
people are generally nicer
takes more skill and i find that atractive.
gearing takes work like it should
cons
nothing like a faith made to make u afk and go retake hala

in conclusion you should roll a druid on the realm blackwing lair on horde side
you will have the most fun if you do this

While im on a f2p, i am thinking of subbing, just to make a 24 Spriest, and run around in Shadowform(MoP)
Dang uglykin neds lvl 25 to get the cool glyph

However, i do enjoy the challenge that being f2p provides

SOLUTION
Make a p2p 20( non huntard), get all boa's , bis p2p chants, and only equip that gear vs huntards, they will think the damn f2p(insert class) is beating the hell outta them, and reroll

Users who are viewing this thread