10-19 Updated FC'ing Guide; Legion

Devm1

Grandfathered
header_illidan_still.jpg

Hello everyone.
* As we all know, the Pre-Patch for Legion has come out. This patch has made ALOT of changes to WoW, and the 10-19 bracket in general. I played nearly every viable Twinking class in the bracket. They are all fun and worth looking at.
Minor guides on that might happen in the future. But currently, looking at the major changes to FC'ing in Legion, we felt like this was the first one to happen. I've also been active in the 20-29 bracket where I've met great guys, and saw some gameplay from a US perspective. This Guide will therefore be fairly useful for FC's in the 20-29 bracket aswell. So keep your eyes open people.
A while ago, I made a video about FC'ing in WoD. I made it because the previous guides for FC'ing were outdated and the bracket needed something fresh. The same thing has driven me once again to make another FC'ing guide. But this time for Legion!
@Lines told me XpOff.com lacks content, mainly Guides. He suggested I'd take the initiative to make such a Guide to help you guys out. Thats why I'd like to start this thread by thanking him SHOUTOUT!, he will make one hell of a moderator on XPOFF. With a fresh start on XPOFF with the Legion Pre-Patch out, may the odds be ever in his and your favor.

- I've been asked to make guides on Exploiting Game Mechanics in Terms of Jumping/Items. If you were hoping on seeing that in this thread, you better click away now.
This Guide will be focused on educational purposes only, based on FC'ing.

We will be looking at several things concerning this subject!

- Since this is a Twinking Site, and we will ''Probably'' be doing events on Warsong Gulch.. This Guide will be covering information mainly based on that. But you can still use everything said in here to your advantage when FC'ing on other maps.

I will be talking about a few things;
Talents & Spells
Macro's & Addons

☞ Warsong Gulch Jumping in a way, to give yourself an advantage.
Routes - Repositioning - Initiative - Improvise

I won't be covering gear. Why?
-
Because your stats are Pre-determined in Legion, trinkets and set bonuses are disabled, and your item level gives only a small increase. You don't need to worry about making you wear a separate set of gear in PvP. So, in Legion, gear is gear, regardless of where you earned it, with no PvP-specific stats or fluctuating item levels, and the best players in both PvP and PvE content will be able to earn the best gear.

☛ Talents & Spells
As we all know, changes to Talents & Spells have been made. For instance, Displacer Beast is deleted.
It was 1 of the most important CD's for an FC. It helped you escaping impossible scenario's, you could kite people off, cross mid etc.
With that in mind, we need to be more careful. We need to use the spells we have in a smart way.

- Swiftmend no longer requires a Rejuvenation or Regrowth heal over time effect on the target to work. So you can use it as a life-saver in many scenario's to try and top yourself.

-
Cenarion Ward is an excellent heal over time effect that is great for tanking healing. You can use it when crossing mid to gain as less damage as you can. You can use it on roof, when you're about to get damaged real hard. I would therefor highly recommend to use that Talent over any other.

- Multiple Moonfire Changes. You can now use it in Bear Form. Example: when you take the flag from enemy flag room. You expect a stealth DPS ready to open on you. You no longer have to leave Bear Form to dot him with Moonfire. You can also camp on roof with your healer, using Moonfire in Bear Form doing decent damage.

- Further, you just need to improvise sometimes. You can't read a guide and do everything it says. I'm not going to hold your hand in the gulch where you'll be put to the test. FC'ing is mainly about improvising and using the events around you to your advantage.

Macro's & Addons
There are several Macro's & Addons which could really make a difference. You need to know the difference between a MUST and a preference though.

(If you want to make your own Macro's; here's a link where a full guide on that is written out. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Making_a_macro)

Let's start out with some Macro's. Here are a few I use(d);

Basic Mouseover Macro
Allows you to cast a spell on an ally by hovering over their raid frame and hitting the associated keybind. Replace “SPELL” with a spell name.
#showtooltip SPELL
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] SPELL (Probably the most used Macro for Rdruids)

#showtooltip
/use Inherited Mark of Tyranny
/use Eternal Horizon Choker

If you're running a Night Elf, and you want to drop the flag and restealth (Or Vanish)
#showtooltip Shadowmeld
/stopcasting
/stopattack
/cancelaura (flag you have)
/cast Shadowmeld(Racial)

Use Shadowmeld as vanish if you're running a Night Elf, if you need a fast restealth.
If you're fine, just use Prowl.

Addons are mainly preferences, but some Addons are in my opinion MUSTS;
NameplateCooldowns; http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/nameplatecooldowns
Omnibar; http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/omnibar
BattlegroundTargets; http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/battlegroundtargets
Enhanced BG Zone Map; http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/enhanced-bg-zone-map

Warsong Gulch Jumping
Jumps.. are pretty straight forward. You can use them in many ways. You can use them to get away from situations easily. You can use them to get to places way faster and so on. Jumps are basically a source of improvisation.
However, jumps can be very sensitive. People who know me personally know I've abused them many times. Going to places on the map nobody else can. ''Exploiting the terrain, and game mechanics to give yourself an unfair advantage.''
That's why you have to be careful when using them. To anyone who's seen my previous video's with all the illegal jumps in them, I'd highly recommend you NOT to use them unless you want a ban.
For those who didn't know, the 2016 Twink Cup had a Jumping Rule Video.
This video shows all the (Legal and respected jumps) you can do in the gulch. These are pretty much the only jumps you need as an FC to presume your duty.

The definition of a 'Jump' is as follows: (Copyright @The NWL)
  • "Using the jump function (Default keybind: Spacebar) twice or more consecutively and/or in a sequence in an attempt to access a different location on the map to gain a tactical, advantageous position over the enemy team." and/or "Using invisible ledges combined with the jump function to access a different location on the map than where the individual was before the use of the first jump."
And here's the video I made covering all the (Legal and respected) jumps you can use in Warsong Gulch.

Routes - Repositioning - Initiative - Improvise
Routing in Warsong Gulch. What you need to keep in mind is this. I can't hold your hand all the way through. FC'ing is something where you need to adapt to situations. I will explain the main things you need to watch out for here, you need to use this information to presume your duty as an FC.

To make you understand this a bit better. Say you're being hunted. You're being hunted by a bunch of flesh hungry dogs. They wanna catch you. What do you do? You try to create as much distance from them as possible right?
You try to make as less contact as possible with them. Same goes for an FC.
flee-620x250.jpg
When you're FC'ing and you want to get the flag across.. you need to draw as less attention as possible. Be sneaky, pick the right moment to cross.. a moment where the enemy is focused on something else.
A moment where your team can pick you up. The safest moment. When the time is right; YOU MAKE A RUN FOR IT. Try to stick to the sides of the map if your team can't pick you up right away to draw as less attention as possible. Save your defensive's for when you need them.
Don't waste any CD's. This is your time in the spotlight, use it well. Don't let it go to waste.

Make macro's like ''YOUR FC IS GOING RAMP'' or ''YOUR FC IS CROSSING MID''.
Make sure you inform your team of what you're doing so they can help you as soon as they can, so you won't be put to risk too often.
After all, FC'ing is about survival and/or stalling time for your team in different scenario's. That's where you have to improvise. For example, you're sitting roof.. the enemy is coming to roof to kick your ***. You wait for them to commit to roof before you jump ramp. This way to create the most distance as I said before. This is how you effectively kite as an FC.

Here are some routes you can use, if you want/need to effectively kite away the enemy. These are scenario's an FC encounters alot. If you don't learn to kite away your enemy by these routes/movements I'd stick to learning this first. In a competitive PvP environment, this is a MUST if you want to succeed as an FC.
World_Map_Warsong_Gulch.jpg

Let me repeat this one more time. FC'ing is like a survivor in the jungle. You need to adapt to situations and it's about improvising. YET, you need to connect with your team perfectly. You can't do it all by yourself. You need to learn the basics before you can move on to the advanced stuff. It takes some time to get it all sorted out, but it's worth it. FC'ing is fun and it has been around for a long time.

I hope this guide was useful, have a wonderful day!

Last edited:
not sure about trinket but you can't use the neck to gain health in BG's anymore

Users who are viewing this thread