EU+US Upcoming Scalable Events (Items!)

Would be cool getting into those high level dungs then try to finish the other bosses

Imo, we should all help to try and change blizz's mind about the Requirements for joining these event, For example say many RPers arnt interested in leveling and mainly stay in major cities.. however excluding their main (low level characters) would be unfair.
Everybody should be able to do the Events!!

And others of us might say... WTH this gear isnt even remotely usable when obtained at end game!!! ATLEAST make it able to be titanforged... so people have more motivation to do these events...

And then with enough of us whining like this... and with a bit of luck... we can get some new BiS twink gearz :D

Don't get too excited. The possibility of this being just like the Love is in the Air festivals Shadowfang Keep is high, therefore this would happen:
Hallow's End would require level 28.
Midsummer Fire Festival would require level 60.
Brewfest would require level 51.

I would agree wholeheartedly. However, in order to queue for SFK a player needs to be level 16. I believe one can queue at level 15 for the Vday event. We will just have to wait and see for the Halloween event.

The new necks are the same ilvl as the heirlooms. And really do not offer any advantage in instanced PvP for subscribers. I suspect the new offerings will be similar.
It is nice to have something to hunt for though.

That's what bothers me. Why was SFK requiring level 16 instead of 15? Maybe for this reason. I hope this isn't the case, as I think they shouldn't separate holidays out by level.

Originally intended to be done at endgame only.

Would be cool getting into those high level dungs then try to finish the other bosses

People all but ignore mechanics now. Have you seen anyone use any of the purfumes or colognes on the table in SFK? It used to be a requirement if you wanted survive the encounter. Now, it just takes seconds even with scaling. Like taking candy from a baby.

Imo, we should all help to try and change blizz's mind about the Requirements for joining these event, For example say many RPers arnt interested in leveling and mainly stay in major cities.. however excluding their main (low level characters) would be unfair.
Everybody should be able to do the Events!!

And others of us might say... WTH this gear isnt even remotely usable when obtained at end game!!! ATLEAST make it able to be titanforged... so people have more motivation to do these events...

And then with enough of us whining like this... and with a bit of luck... we can get some new BiS twink gearz :D

The only reason I am doing the Vday event is because of the mount. Even after ALL the years of doing it I have yet to get that damn mount. My account has over 250 mounts but it is lacking that single seasonal one. This year is a great year to get it because we can queue on so many toons. Unfortunately, a week was missed. But there is always next year if get it not gotten this year.

/cheers

Last edited:
would be nice to have that tankard o terror on a dwarf shammy and go for a brewfest mog

I hope it is a good sign. What about all the other benefits like mounts and enchant illusions etc that can be farmed from these encounters.

I really hope they bring in this mechanic for all holiday events going forward, though they really need to work on their scaling. Low level toons just destroy the bosses! Even in the pre-Legion event low level toons destroyed the mobs.

But interesting pick up. Here's hoping.

With the nerf to iPvP scaling though, getting a chance to do those runs on our OP twinks felt fantastic. Ppl would be like "H0ly $#!? WTF?!" Or "I dunno what you did but I'll take it!" Or <Insert generic twink compliment here>. So it would be fun to experience that again.

I even have a pending bet with an end-game raider friend who doesn't think my lvl 20 twink, would be able to out DPS him on scaled holiday event. He'll be sorely mistaken right? Lol [emoji6]

But on the other hand, I'm not looking forward to farming that gear for all of my characters. Especially since it can only be done when the event is up.

I guess it's a bit of a love/hate feeling I'm having when considering that I may be able to collect more GF'd twink gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I guess it's a bit of a love/hate feeling I'm having when considering that I may be able to collect more GF'd twink gear.
I totally get this! :p
It's always a case of, do I try and get all the best gear on all my toons or just try and gear a few really well and the others get half done?
I remember doing the Legion invasions on my hunter wanting to get the best gear but with my time poor life and bad RNG I was struggling and couldn't work out where to draw the line to start gearing my other toons - lol. Then I left it too late and my other toons sort of got one quarter done - lol. Now when I look back I'm like, :eek: ahhhhh, wish I had spread my time out more evenly across my toons.
I am 100% with you on the love/hate feeling! But I guess I lean more to the love side.... nothing says 'hey look at me' like some shiny purple weapons or armour!;)

During Invasions I parked every character on both accounts, in the same Invasion (ie: Dun Morogh, and North Barrens). Then I would just rotate logging in and out of them (since the invasions were phased instances).

I just went down the list. I didn't prioritize anyone at all. If they (the character) was lucky and got full TF, then grats to him/her! Yes I personify my twinks, does that make me crazy? But I digress.. Lol. If the twink wasn't fortunate enough to even get a couple TF'ed gear, then too bad for them.

I just didn't want to have to even *try* to get any of them full TF'ed gear. Having OCD, that would have probably literally killed me. Lol

Last edited:
With the nerf to iPvP scaling though, getting a chance to do those runs on our OP twinks felt fantastic. Ppl would be like "H0ly $#!? WTF?!" Or "I dunno what you did but I'll take it!" Or <Insert generic twink compliment here>. So it would be fun to experience that again.

I even have a pending bet with an end-game raider friend who doesn't think my lvl 20 twink, would be able to out DPS him on scaled holiday event. He'll be sorely mistaken right? Lol [emoji6]

But on the other hand, I'm not looking forward to farming that gear for all of my characters. Especially since it can only be done when the event is up.

Heya, with the Shadowfang keep scaled event, My BiS surv hunter id almost 7 Mil dps when calculated to level 110... So yeah, they can forget about out dpsing us twinks in scaling events lawl :D i dunno about you guys but... WoW still has a long future and with Any scaling event the future brings that my 19 hunter can participate in.. is gonna be so much fun xD, Twinkz for life.

If Blizz would get off their Level Cap trip and realize that there are (on the low end) tens of thousands of Players that still play the game, but not for Level Cap anymore, they might actually increase Subs. Their new Scaling Tech is amazing and if they'd just implement it for the entire Game, WoW could easily last for another decade.

All they'd have to keep doing is add more and more Scaling things over time. Imagine Scaling Raids (it's already coming with BT Timewalking) where any Level from 10-Level Cap can join and play together. A Level 10/19/20/etc Rogue with the Warglaives of Azzinoth scaled down to their Character Level, yes plz!

Last edited:
If Blizz would get off their Level Cap trip and realize that there are (on the low end) tens of thousands of Players that still play the game, but not for Level Cap anymore, they might actually increase Subs. Their new Scaling Tech is amazing and if they'd just implement it for the entire Game, WoW could easily last for another decade.

All they'd have to keep doing is add more and more Scaling things over time. Imagine Scaling Raids (it's already coming with BT Timewalking) where any Level from 10-Level Cap can join and play together. A Level 10/19/20/etc Rogue with the Warglaives of Azzinoth scaled down to their Character Level, yes plz!

Idk about high lvl epics and legendaries on low levels besides the holiday ones. I always cherished the idea with pvp sets with set bonuses from vendors for each bracket that cost pvp currency. I felt that way with heirlooms in Cata and early mop. But as they got cheaper and craftable (not that I don't like the crafting part), their value for me plummeted. They used to feel like legitimate pvp tier items back when I was f2p and had to save up 2100+ honor or justice for them.

I don't play anymore so lol gg

@Roboartist look at it from a different perspective. With the new scaling Tech, literally nobody can beat a twink's DPS, even as low as LvL 10. That would be a MASSIVE windfall for Twinking in WoW because even Mythic geared (insert w/e final Tier Raid of w/e XPac here) wouldn't be able to keep up with Twinks. This would add an entirely new layer to WoW and could easily keep it going for years to come, on just that alone.

@Roboartist look at it from a different perspective. With the new scaling Tech, literally nobody can beat a twink's DPS, even as low as LvL 10. That would be a MASSIVE windfall for Twinking in WoW because even Mythic geared (insert w/e final Tier Raid of w/e XPac here) wouldn't be able to keep up with Twinks. This would add an entirely new layer to WoW and could easily keep it going for years to come, on just that alone.

Elitist mythic raiders might complain doe; especially if they take a blow to their pride. At least that's something I would imagine would happen.

Someone might be like "h'dafuq this non payin twink-@$$ mofo destroy me on the meters?! I pay good money to have the most deeps ever!"

... well, maybe not in those exact words. But some might feel something along those lines.

Last edited:
@Dark That would absolutely happen and I welcome their nerd tears. Besides the way I envision it is that Level Capped Players get their very own XPac (current XPac) with all the benefits that bestows just like right now in WoW.

ALL Previous XPacs becomes Scaled so that any Character Level from 10-100 (an example with Legion as the current XPac) would have a VAST amount of Content to do on any given day they log in. I'd love to say as low as LvL 1 but Blizz doesn't let Characters 1-9 enter Instances nor show up on Armory. Until they change that aspect of the Game I can't also see them allowing Level 1 Twinks to participate the way 10+ could, which is sad imho but it is what it is.

@Dark That would absolutely happen and I welcome their nerd tears. Besides the way I envision it is that Level Capped Players get their very own XPac (current XPac) with all the benefits that bestows just like right now in WoW.

ALL Previous XPacs becomes Scaled so that any Character Level from 10-100 (an example with Legion as the current XPac) would have a VAST amount of Content to do on any given day they log in. I'd love to say as low as LvL 1 but Blizz doesn't let Characters 1-9 enter Instances nor show up on Armory. Until they change that aspect of the Game I can't also see them allowing Level 1 Twinks to participate the way 10+ could, which is sad imho but it is what it is.

If that were to happen, I'd rather have it limited to vanilla raids for 10-60. Anything beyond that just seems stupid to have a low level player weilding endgame gear. Not in the sense that it would be op, but that it would ruin the point in leveling. Even then it would influence many players to go f2p to 20 and experience both pvp and raiding. I'd love that, but it's a stab in the heart to all the effort they have made to make endgame relevant (though it's obvious they have done a piss-poor job)

Anything beyond asking for vanilla content scaling down would be like a kid asking for an assault rifle over a paintball gun. Both are pretty fun, but one seems a tad bit extreme.

Anything prior to the current XPac is irrelevant and already holds no wow factor anymore. It would take a 39 Rogue, for example, just as long to get the Glaives as it took anyone back at 70. Literally NOTHING in WoW is the same as what it once was and thus it's disingenuous to use the argument that it invalidates previous efforts. It's like saying you don't want any new Automobiles to be built because of all the time and effort you put into restoring your 67 Chevelle.

Opening all previous XPacs to full Scaling only adds to WoW's appeal and may actually cause Subs to increase again. Why would Blizz go through so much effort to create an amazing Scaling system, to then barely use it.

Users who are viewing this thread