Understanding BoE green drops

kewnoober

Veteran
My friends and I decided yesterday after my spontaneous idea to make 19 twinks and somewhat get into all of this stuff, that we would make some 19 twinks and have some fun with that. In our road to getting the best gear, there are some pieces that were going to be BoE greens.

Such as for my friend on his MW monk he wants a Medicine Staff for level 19 with ilvl 24 obviously.
Now he has seen them drop a few times, but everytime he gets them at level 15. 4 levels below his twink character's level and has mostly been something like that with any piece he gets. (Most drops were from WC as we were farming Fang pieces).

Is there anyone who has any knowledge of just the level scaling of green BoEs compared to your character's level?

Does the required level of an item usually sit below the level of the twink character, so you would need a slightly higher level character to efficiently farm level 19 pieces or is that a waste of time?

PS: I looked around on the forums, but I didn't quite find anything except the thing with ilvl of green BoEs compared to ilvl of same green BoE.

Shouldn't your MW friend be more interested in Jagged Star / similar + Off-hand instead? Seems like a better option. And BoE drops can be weird at times. Some things seems to not scale at all and still drop the normal versions depending on zone/mob etc. That could be a factor. Wouldn't know for sure though.

The reasoning for Medicine Staff or Sturdy Quarterstaff is that they have very high weapon damage, but yes Jagged Star or BG crate + off-hand are also very good. Currently we are trying out using level 23 characters (because we generally got level 15 items as level 19 characters). Besides that some items drop more in certain dungeons as well, so the 23 characters will also run Stockade or BFD

Users who are viewing this thread