UI inspiration

Chops

Soccer Dad
I've grown increasingly bored and frustrated with my UI. It's looking more and more cluttered as, over the years, I've added various add-ons and changed brackets, etcetcetc. It started rather sleek and minimal but has since outgrown itself.

And like I said, Ive also gotten bored of it. It's time for a change.

So I was hoping you guys could show off what youve done with your UIs, so I can steal some ideas or outright copy you because Im as lazy as I am unoriginal.

For reference, here's a random BG screenshot to show you the generally unorganized mess Im working with (BGEnemies typically goes on the right side, midway up. I dont rightly remember why it hid it this BG)
UI.jpg

I'm a sucker for 'Z-Perl' (formerly 'X-Perl'). I like to see them faces when I'm busting ya up.
Also 'Tell Me When', so I can see things such as those annoying times my Pet's Stunned / Trapped / Slowed......
A little messy, but I'm used to it now ;)
WoWScrnShot_122818_231333.jpg

I'm a sucker for 'Z-Perl' (formerly 'X-Perl'). I like to see them faces when I'm busting ya up.
Also 'Tell Me When', so I can see things such as those annoying times my Pet's Stunned / Trapped / Slowed......
A little messy, but I'm used to it now ;)
View attachment 9716
How do you do it? I’ve got a headache just looking at it lol

I’m continually impressed when I see people work with the stock UI. I get so grouchy that it shows me some things I don’t care about and doesn’t show me stuff I do want to see.

This is from a 3-5 months ago. I've made some altercations to my UI since then, but this is pretty much my standard User-Interface.

Screenshot (3).png

https://gyazo.com/c44035836c8cb2bf707a0bf2c86be55a Dont mind the taskbar. Cant take a screenie without. Very simple imo.
Oh thats really clean. But where do you put the BG mini map and BGEnemies and all that?

I also use Z-perl but mainly to move my character frame, pretty much everything else it offers I have disabled.
View attachment 9748
this whole thing started because I wanted my target and mines character frame out of the upper left corner. And it just spiraled out from there. (that and I wanted it to look simpler. all the flourishes on the stock ui are cool but not my style)

Standard UI, with a few UI scripts -

https://imgur.com/BHYz0zF
What’s the scrip to hide eagles? The old one I used doesn’t work anymore since it got updated. Thanks

On topic: just use default UI if you want to “clean things up” you can move a lot of stuff around with just using macro scripts
Addons are pretty pointless only 3 come to mind that are necessary, 2 of those are irrelevant to Twinking

I don't have screenshots of my setup (currently at work), but Elvui is what I use. Super customizable, but also has pretty good defaults. I usually only change a couple of things (I make the utility bar in the top left and hidden unless i mouseover it, and I make the health bars bright green at full health rather than black/gray). It has a lot more than just a UI replacement, so it may be overkill.

https://www.tukui.org/download.php?ui=elvui

The non default UIs are for edgebois and for streamers who want to seem "cool".

The default UI just works. Maybe add TellMeWhen and WeakAuras 2.

Users who are viewing this thread