Twitter Movement to revert "Slide" camera for Spectator Mode

Hunnybuns

Founder
Founder
The Campaign has begun! Please Please PLEASE! Get on or make your Twitter accounts and support the spectator movement to revert camera back to PoV. Favorite and Retweet the post below! We've done this before to make the change of allowing 19 arenas, need people to step up to the plate for the sake of the community to make the change so we can continue to push for high quality streams of all the wargames/premades!

https://twitter.com/Fearthebuns/status/643847791224188928

For people that are not informed on the issue, this past patch, Blizzard changed the Spectator Camera by removing 3rd person PoV and changing it to a "Slide" camera. The Slide Camera acts like a disco ball at the top point of the map, and rather than giving the player perspective of what is going on when you click on them, the "Slide" camera instead tilts the disco ball towards the player you have targeted. This change was implemented for Blizzcon and was a change made by Blizzard, not the addon. For anyone looking for confirmation on that I talked to @VadrakAL the author of Arena Live Spectator and he confirms this has nothing to do with the addon.

For people that would benefit from seeing the difference visually between the two here you go.

3rd Person PoV (Old Spectator)

Twitch

"Slide" Camera (New Spectator)

Twitch

The Slide Camera gives more of a "Moba" style spectator feeling, higher up from the ground, more appealing to seeing just where people are on the map. The problem is that there is a lot more going on in an MMORPG with the various added abilities and spells, difficult to tell what is going on when the players look like ants on the ground. The more concerning issue with the Slide Camera is it's lack of ability to follow action going into base to base play. As I mentioned before the camera acts as a Disco Ball in the sky, clicking on a person only tilts the Disco Ball to them rather than giving the user/viewer the player perspective of what is going on. So when a player is going for the flag in the enemy base and the rogue/hunter D is there to meet him, it might as well not have happened because you cannot see anything that is going on. The action is less fluid from base to base play and cannot immediately shift from player to player to catch all the action.

What I am asking in my Twitter post and asking of you guys in the community to support is the removal of the "Slide" Camera and revert back to the 3rd Person PoV Spectator Camera

Okay reversal great news! The Scripts that @Iamvhell suggested via Twitter reverses that camera back to PoV mode! Hopefully they revert back and change it fully but there is a way to fully access the old camera system! Thanks to everyone that came out and helped me test it today via 2v2 arenas!

Ideally would be nice if they would fully revert back to old camera system, but the script posted above works revert back to old settings!

/script C_Commentator.SetUseSmartCamera(not C_Commentator.IsUsingSmartCamera())

Okay reversal great news! The Scripts that @Iamvhell suggested via Twitter reverses that camera back to PoV mode! Hopefully they revert back and change it fully but there is a way to fully access the old camera system! Thanks to everyone that came out and helped me test it today via 2v2 arenas!

Ideally would be nice if they would fully revert back to old camera system, but the script posted above works revert back to old settings!

Glad it worked :D

This is great tho!!

Users who are viewing this thread