TwinkRanking.com Will be Returning!

Virtua

Legend
Twinkranking.com will be returning this month with a bunch of revisions. Im excited to give back to a community that I enjoyed thoroughly while I played. I hope those players that still are active in the twinking community will find it a useful tool going forward.

I want to apologize for the downtime. I have been dealing with real life issues that have taken priority.

Twinkranking.com will be returning with tons of new features some of which will be listed below.

- Support for EU Servers
- Ladders for 70, 80, 85 & 90
- New Sorting Interface for Ladders
- Easier Addition of New Characters
- Revision of Stream Page To Allow Easy Access to Twink Streams
- Reskin of Entire Site
- Generic Bug Fixes

Thank you for those who have supported the project thus far and going forward.

How is it going to work when there isn't rated arenas?

Many eons ago there was an add-on that would actually keep track of "arena rating". Perhaps something like this be reintroduced for this website.

I remember we had an addon that would record the stats that blizzard assumes to be accurate and rank twinks in many different ways. The data would be automatically relayed to the website and the leaderboard would be automatically updated in real time.

It created many ratios to make a very accurate ranking system where different numerical values were assigned. There was also a score that was an overall ranking across the board of all imported data about said player.

The only problem I would see this having today is I'm sure people would consider afking out to keep their ratios. A possible work around would be for the addon to record which players are present at the start of the game and compare it to which are present at the end of the game. Any discrepancies and the data for that player should be voided out.

The best part is that only 1 player needed to have the addon per game and the instant that the game was over, it would say in /bg that the game was recorded and ranked at http://www.___________.com and it would absolutely drive traffic to the site resulting in more people having the addon / wanting to check the leaderboard

This would be an amazing thing for brackets below 70 where there are no ranking systems. The addon that I'm describing would be absolutely incredible for all lower twink brackets and I know we'd all be checking them constantly. Perhaps a great feature that I would really love to see added that will benefit everyone.

[MENTION=7450]Virtua[/MENTION] just food for thought. I forgot who had this rolling back in TBC but they said it wasn't that hard to do and required very little maintenance.

Best of luck!
Mocha

addon is a good idea. maybe to keep track of flag caps/returns. kill compared to deaths. some sort of formula. only hard thing is that would varry for different classes.

Users who are viewing this thread