EU+US Twinking an 89 is Simple, Cheap and (maybe) Pointless!

So for starters an 89 twink won't have you face-rolling your way to the top of the kill board. The gear gap just isn't high enough. However it is a fun and balanced bracket for PVP. Also, gearing is very easy if you have some patience.

The Timewalking vendors sell everything you need to twink out your 89. The Timewalking dungeon drops for an 89 are at best 449 ilvl. MoP dungeon drops are 450. The Timewalking vendor gear sold by Cupri, Kiatke and Auzin are 462. Between the three vendors you can fill every armor slot. Running one Timewalking Dungeon will give you a quest worth 500 Timewarped Badges. Much more than you need to purchase the gear you require from each event.

Add a Engineering helm and voilà! BIS!

I started this process on my hunter:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Icandee/advanced

I rolled this toon back in Cataclysm as a bank alt and liked the class so much I leveled it to 85. I quit when MoP came out and it has gathered dust since. I wanted to play this character again but didn't want to grind up to 99 or 110 and then start gear grinding. As an 89 I can PVP in a balanced bracket and if I lose a fight I can't blame my gear.

Last edited:
i've done this exact thing on my rogue but somehow players in full greens have more hp than me??
i thought hp scaled of ilvl or something

So for starters an 89 twink won't have you face-rolling your way to the top of the kill board. The gear gap just isn't high enough. However it is a fun and balanced bracket for PVP. Also, gearing is very easy if you have some patience.
Thanks good to know!

different preset stats template. if you see difference it is probably due to that

i've done this exact thing on my rogue but somehow players in full greens have more hp than me??
Thanks good to know!

different preset stats template. if you see difference it is probably due to that

So should i choose ilvl over stats or not? for example you can get two 496 ilvl trinkets from isle of thunder, they give no stats but would increase my ilvl by a bit

So should i choose ilvl over stats or not? for example you can get two 496 ilvl trinkets from isle of thunder, they give no stats but would increase my ilvl by a bit
Yea you should, however it is not because of that you see big changes in hp between characters.
Stat boost from ilvl is minimal in most cases.
The templates themselves (made by blizzard) are those giving biggest stats to different.
For example assassination rogue may have more hp than sub. Not much you personally can do about it.

You can only effect it (to some extent) by equipping your class armor type (+5% boost) and having highest possible ilvl items for instanced pvp.

world pvp / dueling still effected by stat/enchants.

Yea you should, however it is not because of that you see big changes in hp between characters.
Stat boost from ilvl is minimal in most cases.
The templates themselves (made by blizzard) are those giving biggest stats to different.
For example assassination rogue may have more hp than sub. Not much you personally can do about it.

You can only effect it (to some extent) by equipping your class armor type (+5% boost) and having highest possible ilvl items for instanced pvp.

world pvp / dueling still effected by stat/enchants.

ok thanks, also would it be worth using a strength ring for a rogue for extra ilvl?

ok thanks, also would it be worth using a strength ring for a rogue for extra ilvl?
You can use whatever in instanced pvp. stats on armor gives no benefit. people using www.wowhead.com/item=7337/the-rock at 19 20 just because of ilvl.

Slower or faster weapons however do effect your overall damage.
No idea on actual items for this level but you should try few things yourself and see where it takes you.

Users who are viewing this thread