Twink Info Winter Veil Competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gallery_1223_1_925099.png

It's Holiday time again so we've decided we want to give you a little something to go under your tree. We're giving away a 7 inch Craig Touch Screen Tablet to one lucky poster of TI. It's easy for both new members and well established posters to take part.

Before you read further, I'd also like to thank WoW Insider for their help. Thanks guys!

How Do I Enter?

First of all, you do not enter in this thread, you must go to the Winter Veil Entries thread to take part. Use this thread to discuss the competition, introduce yourselves (getting that first post count maybe!) and talk about what you like.

The method of entry is as simple as it is easy. All you have to do is post in the above thread answering the question posed to you by the previous person and leave your own question behind. You then have to post on the other forums a bit to make sure you have 15 posts. Easy right? You may only post in the entries thread once.

For example:

Starting question: What is your favourite colour?

Person 1: Red. How many moons does Jupiter have?

Person 2: 63! That's if you count all the little ones anyway. Where did you last go on holiday?

etc.

Your answer does not have to be accurate, but it does have to be on topic. To qualify for prizes you must have a minimum post count of 15 by the 31st December. If you are new this should be plenty of time for you to find a thread or two that interests you and take part in it. If you are not new then you're already set.

If you do not have an account here at Twink Info then do not worry, it should only take you a few moments to register your account.

How is the Winner Chosen?

We will choose the name of our winner from out of a virtual hat. When the competition closes on the 31st December we will scoop up the names of all the entries from accounts with the appropriate post count and place them in one of my larger hats. We'll have a bit of a mix around and we'll contact the winner immediately. We'll also let you know who won here in both threads.

NB: To receive the prize you will need to tell the administrators your full postal address so we can send it to you. If you are not comfortable divulging this information then do not enter. We will not share your address with any person or party.

The Prize

The prize is, as mentioned, a 7 inch Craig Touch Screen Tablet.

151.jpg

Key Features:
  • 7 inch digital touch screen (800 X 480 , 16:9)
  • Processing speed 800MHz
  • Powered by Google Android
  • 4GB built-in flash memory
  • Built-in 256MB DDR II RAM
  • Built-in WiFi (802.11 b/g)
  • Mini HMDI AV out jack
  • Mini USB to connect to computer
  • USB host
  • Up to 6 hour battery life
  • Built-in speakers and microphone
  • Micro SD card slot (suppoer max. 32GB
  • Supports browser, e-book reader, e-mail, photos, maps, video, YouTube, Facebook, music, SlideME Marketplace, Clock
  • 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
  • 3G USB adaptor connectability
  • USB cable included
  • AC/DC adaptor included

Requires WiFI to connect to the internet.

Rules and Conditions

As always, there have to be a couple of rules.
  • Entering the competition with more than one account will disqualify you
  • You may only post in the entries thread once
  • This forum is subject to moderation the same as any other forum. If deemed to be inappropriate your posts may be removed and thus your entry will be deemed invalid. The the entries thread an offtopic posts is one that does not adhere to the thread's game rules and thus will be removed
  • We reserve the right to remove any member from the competition for any reason and with no warning

Free shipping within the US, if the winner is EU you will have to cover the difference to ship.

I'd like to give a massive thanks to WoW Insider at joystick for their help with getting the competition off to a good start!

http://wow.joystiq.c...or-winter-veil/

Might want to contact your contacts at WoWInsider about the whole Satchel-exploit thing in the EU likely being grandfathered, as not only is it a potentially big news item considering its implications (exploit away & keep the stuff) but hardly having a positive impact on twinking and the community (at least what's left of it).

Are you suggesting that I contact the largest WoW online magazine and get them to cover an exploit that is strictly against our own CoC?

The 'beligerent' answer to your question would be that if people added 'exploit' and 'low level play' together, they'll end up on Twinkinfo sooner or later anyway, and so you can better come of smelling like roses.

That's actually the polite answer to your question: 'Look, we found this bug, people have notified Blizz EU but they're going to do jack about it' is not only a drool-worthy newsitem (Blizz Eu seemingly trying to 'sweep it under the rug' makes it all the juicier, from a journalist PoV) , it shows TI is taking a public stance against such things. I don't see how a public stance against gross exploits would be deterimental.

But of course at the end of the day it's TI's decision wether to take the initiative or not.

Much as I would like, I do not have control over the content of WoW Insider, they merely did us a favour in return for acknowledgement of that favour and an article for their magazine. If you feel that they should feature it then why don't you contact them? You can find the information needed on their website easily enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread