Twink Cup - Reflection from an old-timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to preface my post by saying Hello to anyone who was around back when I was, and I hope you all are doing good!

My name is Twinkytoes, and I used to play 19 twinks back in Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King. I just wanted to post my thoughts on the recent Twink Cup. Giving the incredible amount of negativity that has been posted in these forums, I thought I would weigh in and give a point of view from someone who has not been a part of the community in several years.

I haven't played a 19, or World of Warcraft for that matter, in around 3 years or longer. I had absolutely no urge to play again - I thought the best days were behind me and the community was dying. A friend of mine who still plays this game called me on skype and told me about the Cup, and naturally I had to watch the twitch stream out of pure curiosity.

I could not have been more pleasantly surprised. The community run tournament was incredibly well ran in an overall perspective. Given the lack of funds, or lack of a real voice of authority on the governing of the games, it ran extremely smooth. It was absolutely invigorating to see the animosity in the Twitch chat and the games being played - it reminded me a lot of the animosity that existed back when I played. The quality of the games made me stay up until 2am watching at the edge of my seat just to see who would be crowned champion. I loved seeing the familiar faces playing the tournament as well as the new generation of top players battling it out.

This tournament gave me incredible nostalgia. I'd be lying if I said it didn't influence to re-download World of Warcraft, re-up my subscription and start a character that's on his way to 19. This tournament has influenced me, and I'm sure many others, to give twinks another go.

I'm not nearly as big as a member of this community as I once was; however, I urge you to listen to this advice. Twinking is at a breaking point. It is gaining more popularity through being one of the most popular streams, from having competitive games, and from having a supporting community around it. I foresee another golden period in the horizon if this activity keeps up, like the ones we had back in the day. It may never been to the same extent, but what I saw these past few days has been absolutely uplifting.

I believe that with a community as strong and stable as Twinkinfo, anything is possible. No amount of complaining about cheating and other minute details will do anything but bring a negative stigma to the twinking community. I urge you all to support and try to propel the bracket instead of bringing it down.

I hope to see you all in Warsong soon. Let's keep this competitive atmosphere and capitalize on it. Let's make 19's what they should be. Let's make 19's great again.

Thanks boys,
'Toes

TL;DR - After a great Twink Cup, twinking is at a tipping point. Keep activity & animosity up and 19s will thrive.

P.S. Where's that Goma guy?

Awesome thread and really well written, i like how positive you are and the things you say here are 110% true.

If you need any help with gearing if you come back, check Project: GG Nineteen!

<3

Twinkytoes That's appreciated man, I think you are right. I think next year will be a lot better too, and the in between time can be amazing.

Cvv,fullz,banklogins,dumps+pin,track1/2 /paypal/,wu bug/ship iphone & macbooks /Transfer,shop admin,Hotel Reservations,Flight Tickets, Softwares & Spam tools!

Am A Renoun Hacker And Shop Owner....l:

CONTACT DETAILS:
WhatsApp : +1(223) 227-4904
Telegram: @worldcvvdumps
At least don’t necro an old thread if you gonna advertise things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread