Twink at lvl 15 or 20?

Arpheton

Veteran
I'm thinking about level my twink to 15 because you can do so much more at 15.
How are items and scaling at 15 compared to lvl 20?
I don't want to pvp with this char, just farm reputation and lvl professions to max.
15 or 20? Need a little help with my decision. :)

not even 14? why the fuck would you play 15?

Youll do better in dungeons i guess. but still, why?

There's definitely a sweet spot around 14/15 where mobs still don't have high health pools compared to at 20.
Plus the ability to use GIDragonling at 14 which is very powerful for that level, then talents at 15 ofc.
At 20 you will obviously have access to more instances and zones than at 15?
But unless you plan to pvp I'd honestly recommend 15 out of the two.
Being able to gear up from the next tier of Outland dungeons, among others, will give you so many options already.

I have a 14 MM hunter that I mess around with just for fun.
The joke being that unless it's a boss with very high health he doesn't have time for aimed shot, it's already dead.
Other classes may not scale quite as kindly but are still pretty OP - 15 Arc Mage is a beast.
They will also have more quality of life spells by that point - Prowl for druid at 13 makes instances so much easier, etc.

If you ever get bored of your 15 you could always level to 20 at a later point anyway.
As opposed to hitting 20 and then wishing you had stayed lower.
But there is so much pve material at 15 I don't see you getting bored of it for a long time.

15. For many Classes the Talent point makes all the difference. 15's also completely wreck (some Classes like warrior for example) while 20's can struggle. Now, Shadowlands "struggle" is a completely different monster considering the vast amount of gearing options starting at 10. 15's still can't kill remotely as fast as 10's but TTK is considerably faster than 20's (talking PvE). 14 would also be fine, especially if the Class you're looking at has meh Talents at 15, and the Dungeons that open at 15 don't have some OP item.

I'm level 15 now and a bit disappointed, that I can't queue for more dunqeons. I'm able to walk into a lot more dungeons, but I only can queue for the same, that I could at lvl 10.

Do you have access to Chromie time Arpheton?
Because if not then yeah, you will need to actually walk to the new dungeons you now have access to.
But if you do have access to Chromie then choosing another timeline should let you queue for many others at 15.
Choosing Cata will open up Dire Maul, Strat, Uldaman etc; choosing Outland will give access to Crypts, Tombs, Sethekk Halls etc; and so on through the xpacs.

Hey! this is right up my alley, I main a level 15 hunter, probably one of the few who do. Feel free to check my character link in my signature "Arewurd", my guy is very near BIS. I missed out on the holiday neck, and might be able to find a better wrist/cloak, but socket options for those are limited. I may work on a Steady Talasite set for him at some point.

I picked 15 for the talent point and access to a extra dungeons. If you stay at 14 you miss out on several key TBC dungeons. (Edit) you still have to walk to the new ones you have access too, unfortunately they don't get added to your queue, I was upset about that too but not the end of the world.

Also of note, I don't BG like at all, I occasionally world PVP, but I stick mostly to PVE.

Last edited:
Do you have access to Chromie time Arpheton?
choosing Outland will give access to Crypts, Tombs, Sethekk Halls etc; and so on through the xpacs.

I have access to Chromie time. But I can only queue for Hellfire Ramparts, Blood Furnace, Slave Pens and the Underbog.

Try setting your timeline to Cata, rather then selecting random cata dungeon, select random classic dungeon to gain access to all the old beauty dungs but with current scaled gear! Works for me at 20 so should for you at 15 too, hope that made sense lol.

Might provide more content for you to chew thru :)

I have access to Chromie time. But I can only queue for Hellfire Ramparts, Blood Furnace, Slave Pens and the Underbog.

So strange since these are the same level 10 instances you should've already had access to, no wonder you're frustrated!
To see if anything had changed, I just went to Chromie on a level 15, chose the "Portal To Outland" option ... specific dungeon queue now shows me 8 options, the four you mention plus Auchenai Crypts, Mana-Tombs, Sethekk Halls and Escape From Durnholde.
Changing the timeline to "The Cataclysm" I get 22 specific options it looks like, 8 of them for 15+.
Wait that's alliance, just going to check Horde on the off-chance faction affects it.
Nope, same list of dungeons from Chromie in Org, damn.
As far as I know you should have access to all the same options as me ... but apparently Chromie isn't showing you all these ... my apologies, I can only guess there are differing levels of Chromie access depending on account type or sub or something?

I just went to Chromie on a level 15, chose the "Portal To Outland" option ... specific dungeon queue now shows me 8 options, the four you mention plus Auchenai Crypts, Mana-Tombs, Sethekk Halls and Escape From Durnholde.

That's weird. I tried to turn XP on again, but nothing changed. On my lvl 20 I can choose the eight you mention, but on my lvl 10 only the four. Maybe it's because I'm f2p. I'm happy I can use chromie, I have this f2p account since f2p was possible.

So strange since these are the same level 10 instances you should've already had access to, no wonder you're frustrated!
To see if anything had changed, I just went to Chromie on a level 15, chose the "Portal To Outland" option ... specific dungeon queue now shows me 8 options, the four you mention plus Auchenai Crypts, Mana-Tombs, Sethekk Halls and Escape From Durnholde.
Changing the timeline to "The Cataclysm" I get 22 specific options it looks like, 8 of them for 15+.
Wait that's alliance, just going to check Horde on the off-chance faction affects it.
Nope, same list of dungeons from Chromie in Org, damn.
As far as I know you should have access to all the same options as me ... but apparently Chromie isn't showing you all these ... my apologies, I can only guess there are differing levels of Chromie access depending on account type or sub or something?

Elaborate please, can someone else confirm? Are you telling me that as a level 15, you can queue for Auchenai Crypts, Mana-Tombs, Sethekk Halls and Escape From Durnholde? Because this is ABSOLUTELY not my experience. I am fully subbed and familiar with how Chromie time works.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread