<Twenty's Plenty Arena League> - Registration Now OPEN.

Discussion in '20s (Shadowlands)' started by Søcks, Apr 15, 2021.

Share This Page

Should we allow Comp switches -

1. Matches

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Series

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. OP
    Søcks

Søcks GM of <BiS> - Ravencrest

Hi @accel, We have decided to include i49 weapons etc in the inaugural event to see how it fairs out. If we were to ban them (or ask people to downgrade relics) then this would be eliminating a huge proportion of the committed twinking 20's community with the timeframe given (1st event needed to happen before launch of TBC). You find an alternative weapon which would follow the rules of i34 or lower etc.. then people would need to sub/abuse the 24h game time trick which most people committed to the bracket have definitely abused a lot before. This means that they either get lucky and try find an alternative or they don't play. We didn't want to put this kind of pressure on people with the main focus of the event being inclusion.

The choice to ban the "on use" trinkets is merely down to the fact that most people will now take Dragonling/Pvp trinket or RNG Chance stat trinket which should in theory balance things out a little better. (This may be the case, we may have got this completely wrong... but we won't find out until people get involved and help us develop and grow the concept)

This has not been an easy task for sure and I do believe there are things that can be improved on.. but until people give us a chance and sign up to play the event, test it, trial the platform and change things up (Should that be banning i49's in future, who knows?) then this brilliant idea of having something exciting for the 20's community will go completely to waste and we can all go back to queing bg's into premades/levellers and having to scrape together arena wargames with whoever is sitting around online.

We have aimed to give the 20's community a bit of structure and something to look forward too. With small pockets of 3's team's... we could build a really good competitive network of Arena's in the EU community and actually have something good to look forward too. The long term aim is to have a ladder and move 3x 3v3 teams into squads to allow us to have a bigger 10v10 bracket.. but once again...

We have provided the vegetables, we need some chefs to make the soup.

• Like Like x 2
  2. djfistingodx

djfistingodx Member

Also just a quick note from me, by including 49s, we wanted to encourage those people that only bg spam and gy farm to try out arena as I think a lot of people at 20 are too scared as it is completely new to them. We hope that this event is eye-opening for such individuals and that they learn/have a lot of fun participating.

In relation to BW being banned, we found that I was doing unhealable damage even when the other teams healer is out of cc and freecasting and my hunter's gear is nothing special. Therefore, the prospect of every1 doing that would make it extremely unenjoyable for healers in particular. If some1 had a 49 + BW it would be disgustingly OP.

We wanted to be inclusive as possible but people were moaning at us about everything and anything so we just tried to make it as competitive as possible now whilst still trying to be somewhat inclusive with 49s.

If every1 could respond to the poll as well that would be really appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    Søcks

I would also like to encourage players who are solo (Don't have team-mates) to get onto the discord and hop on into the #looking-for-team channel to try find a team! You can also use the discord channel #looking-for-player to find the missing member for your team!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hardc0re

Hardc0re Legend

CC the pet during it? Just like you would cc other classes while their CDs are up?

• Like Like x 1
  5. djfistingodx

djfistingodx Member

Granted, but all it can take is getting 1 kill command off in a 15sec window and its game over.

• Like Like x 1
  6. accel

accel Member

One thing that would be a shame to forget to add to the first post is YT channel / Twitch stream links which we could tune into to watch the games, either live or post-factum vods. I know it's still 2 weeks between us and the games, but please don't forget. :)

7. djfistingodx

djfistingodx Member

Don't worry we are actively looking at ways to share the games with everyone. Whether this will be through a live stream or just individual team's pov's we will make sure you guys stay updated!

8. Miles

Miles 546-0 Undefeated Arena Champion Stuck At Graveyard

Good luck hope the outcome exceeds expectations.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MartinD738

MartinD738 dANNN

Good luck great to see it open for registartion - I look forward to watching the tournament progress. If I were to make one suggestion (and I'm sure you've had many!) I would say that all competitors should only be allowed to use unenchanted weapons from a pre-determined list of easily farmable dungeon drops. This eliminates use/abuse/criticism of 44/49 weapons. Dire Maul, for example, drops a blue weapon with stats for every class. This would also eliminate any socket/warforged/epic use/abuse/criticism, and it would be far easier to gear the teams spamming 1 dungeon.

10. Hardc0re

Hardc0re Legend

I think the more things they ban the less participation they'll have

• Like Like x 1
  11. toskosa

toskosa Member

Should make it so everyone has to use the crafted mop pvp sets and dungeon loot swords/weapons. So sayeth I a random NA player who cant even join.

Just playing around, I am looking forward to watching the action.

12. OP
    Søcks

Howdy all.

Just a swift reminder than applications for this will be closing next Sunday 9th of May!

Get your teams submitted for then!

Look forward to seeing you all

• Like Like x 2
  13. OP
    Søcks

Unfortunately at the moment... We have 2x teams signed up...
    Where is everyone?!

• Surprised Surprised x 1