Twentified Patch Notes [August 9th Hotfix]

CigNus

Bracket Tourist
Administrator
There's usually a lot of patch notes that don't apply to the 20s bracket.
I want to make it easier to digest, and I obviously have way too much time on my hands...

Stuff I'm not sure about I've added [UNSURE] to the front of it. Usually means I can't figure out if its a valid level 20 ability that was effected.

Source
Death Knight
  • [With regional restarts] Rune of the Fallen Crusader no longer has its Strength bonus reduced in PvP situations (was reduced by 33%).
Hunter
  • [With regional restarts] Arcane Shot damage increased by 9% in PvP situations.
  • Marksmanship
    • [With regional restarts] Aimed Shot PvP damage increased by 10% in PvP situations.
Monk
  • Mistweaver
    • [With regional restarts] Mana regeneration reduced by 30% in PvP situations (was 40%).
    • [With regional restarts] Vivify healing increased by 10% in PvP situations. Brewmaster and Windwalker Vivify healing unchanged.
Warlock
  • Affliction
    • [With regional restarts] Agony PvP damage increased by 15% in PvP situations.
    • [With regional restarts] Corruption PvP damage increased by 15% in PvP situations.
    • [With regional restarts] Shadow Bolt damage increased by 10% in PvP situations.

https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic/us-en/924657-world-of-warcraft-patch-90505/
New Dungeon: A Fungus

Brave the depths of the fungal network beneath Ardenweald with a group of 5-10 players, where 1-2 of members of your group are accosters randomly selected to try to kill you! Communication is key when you don’t know who to trust, and everyone sounds like they’re lying at all times, especially when they don’t speak up. Who’s the accoster? Don’t kick the wrong person!

New Profession: Sea Shanty Singing

A successful stage singer said she’d savor some songs sung in a straightforward style. Simple solution: score the several significant schemes surrounding so many societies sans substance with satisfying strains of soulful sounds about sailing from sunrise to sunset. Seek and speak to your Sea Shanty Sergeant in any sizeable city to start.

New Profession: Wand Vision

• Developers’ note: While this is available to all classes, Wand Vision will only really make sense to you if you’ve seen and remember small details from most of our other content over the last 15 years.
A study in empowering yourself, Wand Vision gives you the ability to re-cast your spells, and it also allows you to steal someone else’s best ability to use as your own. Starting in black-and-white, and then later moving to color, Wand Vision causes everything that drops for you to always have best-in-slot stats. Unfortunately, after some time, you have to come back to reality. There are rules in life. We can’t rush aging just because it’s convenient, and we can’t reverse death.

But what is loot, if not RNG persevering?

New Covenant: Definitely-not-Drust

[Producer’s note: we need to come up with a final name for this.]

New Micro-Holidays
  • Beach Vacation to Die For: Spring Break in the Shadowlands
  • Ll f Th Vwls Hv Gn Mssng Dy
  • International Popular Item Day Made Up Entirely for Social Media Day
  • Tell Us You ____ Without Telling Us You ____ Day
  • Day that No One Dies For a Whole Day Because Everyone is Super Careful
  • The Micro-holiday That Ends Before You’re
Classes
Death Knight

• Anti-magic Shell now comes in strawberry, caramel, and sugar-free varieties.
  • Defile damage doubled in one dungeon, making it de-better to de-use in De Other Side.
  • New talent: The Winter Winds. We still don’t know what it’s about yet, but the guy who’s been creating this talent for almost ten years says you have our formal written permission to imprison him on an island if it’s not done by next summer.
  • Fixed a bug where certain drinks cancelled Red Thirst. Once again, Red Thirst cannot be quenched by any mortal beverage.
Demon Hunter

• Night Fae and Kyrian Demon Hunters who’ve been telling all their friends back on Azeroth that of course they went Venthyr or Necrolord are now provided with some cosmetic items to help sell the story.
  • The Slayer’s Felbroken Shrieker mount has been adjusted, and now provides 50% less shrieking. Don’t worry, it’s still alarmingly shrieky.
  • The Master of the Glaive talent now makes you 300% more smug toward anyone who has the audacity to come to you for help.
Druid

• Rake no longer smacks you in the face when you step on it.
  • Innervate has been innovated on, and it now emanates an intimate condensate to mitigate the desolate desiccant before you dehydrate. 2 charges.
  • New returning talent: Encroaching Vines. We really thought we completely removed this last autumn, but it keeps coming back on that one sunny side of the wall.
Hunter

• Combining Cobra Shot with the Spitting Cobra and Killer Cobra talents now motivates you to re-open a controversial karate dojo in the San Fernando Valley.
  • Born to Be Wild now makes you fire all of your guns at once and explode into space.
  • Hunters who take both Skinning and Leatherworking now grow an extra-long and luxurious beard that really turns heads when you go to town.
Mage

• No changes needed.
Monk

• Ring of Peace now ejects unwanted enemies 250% more violently, in order to maintain peace so hard.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Storm, Earth and Fire to not require any further fixing.
  • Implemented a new size enhancement feature for gnome monks so that when they engage a tauren monk in a fight, everyone else in the battleground is less likely to stop and take video that might go viral.
Paladin

• Blinding Light’s disorient duration increased to 8 hours to better correspond with the fact that I can’t sleep until I feel your touch.
  • Repentance now forces an enemy to meditate and do hot yoga, incapacitating them for 1 minute and making them feel sore all over the next day.
  • Rebuke can now only be cast after you’ve first successfully cast Buke on your enemy.
  • Final Reckoning keeps being used over and over, so we’ve changed its name to Yet More Reckoning.
Priest

• Power Infusion now exclusively targets Survival Hunters.
  • If no Survival Hunters are in your group, Power Infusion is applied to a “random” friendly target.
  • When Power Infusion “randomly” goes to a tank three times in a row, you are now comforted by the voice of Xal’atath whispering to you about ancient evils or something.
Rogue

• The Pick Lock ability will now correctly choose the nearest appropriate Warlock.
  • Sub Rogues now have a cute little underwater boat that perfectly fits the sub lifestlye.
  • Loaded Dice can now be properly unloaded for safe storage.
  • Combat Potency has been renamed Outlaw Potency. We’re not sure how we missed this one.
  • Restless Blades have been properly hydrating and exercising and are really starting to get their sleep schedule back on track.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Relentless Strikes to sometimes inadvertently Relent.
Shaman

• All shamans can now go by shamen or shaman. “Shamens” is still incorrect.
  • Venthyr shamans are now provided with a unique therapeutic questline to help them deal with the cognitive dissonance of their Covenant choice.
  • Surge of Power increased by 15% to keep up with advances in GFCI technology.
  • Enhancement shamen who eat a lot of cooked vegetables are no longer allowed to select the Forceful Winds or Elemental Blast talents.
Warlock

• Vile Taint. That’s it. That’s the patch note.
  • Doom has been redesigned as the best point-and-click adventure of the year.
  • Several new Curses have been added:
    • Curse of Ambience: The target repeatedly demands that you listen to something that they insist is “music” but it’s just an hour of whale sounds at 5% speed.
    • Curse of Procrastination: The target will still totally attack you, they just need to take a nap first. Oh, and actually, there’s a new episode of a show they’ve been watching coming out tonight. Is tomorrow good? Or maybe let’s just make it next week.
    • Curse of Dankness: The target emits an awkward, musty smell, and becomes slightly damp. Moist, even.
    • Curse of Curse of Dankness: Forces the target to read the previous patch note a second time.
  • After years of feedback on this, at last, Warlocks can pet their felhunter and tell him he’s the goodest boi. 13/10.
Warrior

• War Machine has finally stopped blaming itself for what happened to Tony.
  • Frothing Berserker is now 80% frothier.
  • Revenge, it turns out, is actually best served with a nice sear and some lemon.
  • Sweeping Strikes have now finished their union negotiations and are back to Sweeping.
  • Thunder Clap no longer requires the Warrior to be dummy thicc.
Hotfixes
MARCH 26, 2021
Classes
[All of the tank changes are only for non-PvP situations.]
  • Improved the auto-targeting of player spells that are intended to avoid out-of-combat enemies. This hotfix includes further enhancements to the 9.0.5. changes that reduced spells pulling extra enemies.
  • Death Knight
    • Blood
      • [With regional restarts] Veteran of the Third War (Rank 2) now also reduces all damage taken by 10%.
  • Demon Hunter
    • Vengeance
      • [With regional restarts] Fixed an issue where both the Havoc and Vengeance versions of Demonic Wards were being applied to Vengeance Demon Hunters.
      • [With regional restarts] Fixed an issue where the Havoc version of Shattered Souls was being applied to Vengeance Demon Hunters.
      • [With regional restarts] Demonic Wards (Rank 1) damage reduction increased to 10% (was 5%).
  • Druid
    • Guardian
      • [With regional restarts] Ursine Adept now also reduces all damage taken by 10%.
  • Monk
    • Brewmaster
      • [With regional restarts] Brewmaster’s Balance now also reduces all damage taken by 10%.
  • Paladin
    • Protection
      • [With regional restarts] New Passive: Aegis of Light – All damage taken reduced by 10%.
  • Warrior
    • Protection
      • [With regional restarts] Vanguard now also reduces all damage taken by 10%.
Original

Warlock
  • Fixed an issue where Inevitable Demise (Talent), Soul Leech (Talent), and Demon Skin (Talent) would break invisibility potion effects.
Quests
  • The Mole Machine for the Warlords of Draenor Alliance quest "Mole Machine, Go Home” will now allow smaller races to interact with it. (lol)
Hunter
  • Fixed an issue where Aspect of the Cheetah would break invisibility potion effects.
Shaman
  • Fixed an issue where Spirit Wolf (Talent) would break invisibility potion effects.
  • Restoration
    • Increased the damage of Lava Burst by 10%.
      • Developers' note: This change is to counter the 10% damage reduction to Lava Burst in patch 9.0.5 which was primarily intended as a change to Elemental Shaman.
Original: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23580183/hotfixes-march-15-2021
DEATH KNIGHT
  • Frost
    • Fixed an issue where Inexorable Assault (Talent) and Cold Heart (Talent) would break invisibility potion effects.
DRUID
  • [UNSURE] Fixed an issue where Eclipse would break invisibility potion effects.
MONK
  • Mistweaver
    • Fixed an issue where Renewing Mist would break invisibility potion effects.
SHAMAN
  • Fixed an issue where several abilities were usable while Hexed.
Totally Missed this one in a decent time but it had nothing that applied to 20s
Original: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23580183/hotfixes-march-11-2021
Classes
  • Monk
    • Fixed an issue that prevented Fists of Fury from striking its 6th target.
This is a big one,

Creatures and NPCs

• Fixed an issue that prevented Lord Melenas, Tur Ragepaw, and various other druid NPCs from shapeshifting.
Original
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/23580183/hotfixes-march-10-2021
Original:https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/23639755/updated-march-8-9-0-5-update-notes

• Undead cloaks will now be as tattered as the forsaken wearing them. Your character customization settings will now inform the appearance of your cloak for Undead characters.
DEATH KNIGHT
  • Frost
    • Fixed an issue that caused Inexorable Assault (Talent) to consume Spell Reflection.
DRUID
  • Restoration
    • Rejuvenation’s periodic healing increased by 12%.
HUNTER
  • Fixed an issue that caused Feign Death to be cancelled when Hunters opened their map or used an emote.
MONK
  • Mistweaver
    • Vivify now costs 3.8% mana (was 4.1%).
    • Renewing Mist now costs 1.8% mana (was 2.2%).

• Windwalker

• Touch of Death is now affected by Mastery: Combo Strikes.
      • [UNSURE] Fixed an issue that allowed Mark of the Crane to be maintained permanently at maximum stacks while fighting a single target.
      • [UNSURE] Fixed an issue that could cause Spinning Crane Kick's damage to not be properly increased by Mark of the Crane if targets die with the Monk's mark active.
PALADIN
  • Holy
    • Holy Shock now costs 16% mana (was 14%).
  • Protection
    • Ardent Defender’s heal now has a visual effect.
PRIEST
  • Shadow
    • Mastery: Shadow Weaving no longer benefits multiple times from damage amplifying effects.
ROGUE
  • Subtlety
    • Fixed an issue that caused Premeditation (Talent) to rarely not be applied when entering Stealth.
SHAMAN
  • Lightning Shield damage increased by 415%.
  • Elemental
    • Earth Shock damage increased by 30%.
    • Lava Burst damage reduced by 10%.
  • Enhancement
    • Lava Lash damage increased by 40%.
  • Restoration
    • Lava Burst damage reduced by 10%.
WARLOCK
  • Affliction
    • Malefic Rapture no longer causes targets to drop Stealth if it deals no damage.
    • Malefic Rapture will no longer waste a Soul Shard if there are no targets are within line of sight when the cast is completed.
  • Demonology
    • Summon Dreadstalkers, Demonic Tyrant, Vilefiend, Nether Portal demons, and Grimoire: Felguard will now listen to primary pet commands.
    • Call Dreadstalkers attack power increased by 10%, and Dreadbite and Dreadlash damage increased by 10%.
  • Destruction
    • Mastery: Chaotic Energies now properly increases the damage of Corruption.
WARRIOR
  • Protection
    • Damage of all abilities increased by 10%. Damage of Thunder Clap increased by an additional 10%.
Battlegrounds
  • The Horde flag size in Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks have been increased to match the size of the Alliance flag.
  • Focused Assault and Brutal Assault now increase damage taken by 10% per stack and reduces healing received by 5% per stack in Warsong Gulch, Twin Peaks, and Eye of the Storm.
  • Deepwind Gorge side-capture point flags now spawn 14 seconds after the battleground has begun, and the central flag spawns 18 seconds after the battleground has begun (was immediately at start).
  • Fixed an issue that caused Battle Flags to not be usable in Wintergrasp or Ashran Battlegrounds.
  • Bloodlust, Heroism, Time Warp, Primal Rage and Drums of Deathly Ferocity/Maelstrom are no longer usable during the Battleground preparation phase.
  • Players below max level will now earn 30% less Honor from battlegrounds. This should not affect how many experience points are awarded from battlegrounds.
Classes
  • DEATH KNIGHT
    • Removed the stun when summoning the temporary ghoul version of Raise Dead (Rank 1) in PvP.
  • DEMON HUNTER
    • Vengeance
      • Corrected an issue that was causing Illidan’s Grasp (PvP Talent) recast effect to not toss the target.
  • PALADIN
    • Protection
      • Steed of Glory (PvP Talent) will now grant immunity to roots and snares only (was all crowd controlling effects).
      • Fixed an issue that was causing the resurrection bonus from Ultimate Retribution (PvP Talent) to not be applied to the Paladin when an ally died.
  • WARLOCK
    • Amplify Curse (PvP Talent) cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (was 45 seconds).
    • [UNSURE] Casting Circle (PvP Talent) no longer causes Unending Resolve to stop granting its interrupt immunity.
    • Affliction
      • Fixed an issue where Rapid Contagion (PvP Talent) could be used while under the effects of crowd control abilities.
  • [UNSURE] The community voted mount, The Wandering Ancient, is now available!
  • Rhinestone Sunglasses can now be used in transmogrification and will appear in your collection once found.
  • Vendor prices for items below item level 75 have been adjusted.
  • The Hunger of the Pack trinket now grants the Speed stat instead of movement speed percentage.
  • The Barrier Generator Toy can no longer be used in instanced PvP.

Last edited:
My full attack power enh sham feeling p good. I have been able to regularly keep up w hunter dmg. That is not to say enh is really strong since even w equal smh hunter offers a ton more utility.

My full attack power enh sham feeling p good. I have been able to regularly keep up w hunter dmg. That is not to say enh is really strong since even w equal smh hunter offers a ton more utility.

I'm not doubting you, but what damage are we talking about here :p even i34 hunters can do 150k plus... you are seeing that on enhance?

i34 hunters can do 150k plus
Lately I've been topping out on horde but always below the hunters... Doesn't really bother me cause half the time I'm running flags anyways!

I'm not doubting you, but what damage are we talking about here :p even i34 hunters can do 150k plus... you are seeing that on enhance?
if total dmg done is the metric then you are correct I do not post that. Especially in longer games were the dmg uptime for hunters a either range or much better gap closers really seperate themselves on total dmg done. In Dps I keep up quite well.

Edit: I don't want to get too into enh viability here since its not what this topic is abt. Also I want to make it very clear so that I don't confuse anyone new to thinking and say that enh is not close to the overall power lvl that any hunter spec is @this bracket. I have however been having fun w it and the dmg outpost is significant.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread