EU+US Tweak my mistweaver before sub runs out

Hashbrowns

Legend
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/blackwing-lair/dewpoint

Farming:
Glove of the Fang with + stamina
BG/Dungeon Ring with +int
Green Lens with Crit/Vers

This monk staff is nuts, I get the 1hers with double chants might work out better if you have blue BG items for both slots but... tons of int on this thing and perfect secondaries.

Qs:
Cloak chant/boots is the old 2% on cloak and minor sped to boots really that much faster then +stamina and 8% on boots. Loosing a ton of stats with minor speed... But longer rolls are nice.

Wep chant, honestly not sure. Like the crit proc one that extends its duration on crit heal. Yes I know blah blah crit is bad, but honestly it's good for mist. Haste is pointless. Vers is fine and all, could go with vers proc chant too. But nothing more stamina can't fix. I think both are +19 on proc at 20.

Mark of Claw to neck or the one I have?

I like my trinkets, thoughts? Crit/stamina, it's like 3% at 20. Extra health on a CD.

I’d chant 2 staffs, one with SP, the other with Ele Force.
I’ll be chanting a staff with Ele when I get some game time.
Also, do u have the STV heirloom? That has Stam & Vers.
Also maybe get a Satyr on a 2nd neck. Misty’s actually do good dps when soloing content or even if u want to bust some heads in PvP.
Otherwise looking pretty good ;)

I’d chant 2 staffs, one with SP, the other with Ele Force.
I’ll be chanting a staff with Ele when I get some game time.
Also, do u have the STV heirloom? That has Stam & Vers.
Also maybe get a Satyr on a 2nd neck. Misty’s actually do good dps when soloing content or even if u want to bust some heads in PvP.
Otherwise looking pretty good ;)
Ok I'll take a look. Don't really like fistweaver, when I heal I want to just heal but ya they are strong. I can cast some CJL. Don't have the STV heirloom trinket... really wish I did.

Bump, thank ya

Ok I'll take a look. Don't really like fistweaver, when I heal I want to just heal but ya they are strong. I can cast some CJL. Don't have the STV heirloom trinket... really wish I did.

Bump, thank ya

Slightly Off-Topic: You know, I find myself falling into the pitfalls of fistweaving more frequently in the recent weeks, especially if I came off recently playing my hunters. Have to re-calibrate my focus.

Last edited:
Slightly Off-Topic: You know, I find myself falling into the pitfalls of fistweaving more frequently in the recent weeks, especially if I came off recently playing my hunters. Have to re-calibrate my focus.
Fistweaver is probably what I should be doing tbh. If there's downtime where everyone is topped off and pushing into melee range won't kill you it's going to be strong. CJL ticks for 100, which isn't bad for some pressure but melee is probably way more burst.

Enjoying the heck out of monk so far though.

Cloak Enchant/Boots: so really this is a personal preference, however I much rather prefer the stam/minor speed and int to cloak. This is mostly because without the boot enchant, I somewhat struggle with reaching 2k HP unbuffed in bgs (which, imo, should be your goal).

So to address the point with crit before weapon enchants, I've done testing and I've yielded excellent results from crit over haste (after vers of course). Crit gives so much to MW, not only with heals, but damage. For example, with the teachings of the monestery x3, if my blackout kick crits at least 2/4 of the times blackout kick does damage (basically blackout kick x4 because teachings adds another hit on top of original) that's 1k damage cumulative, and this does not include rising sun before, and after if it resets from blackout kick.

ANYWAYS.. with weapon enchants. So ele force, as what Icehawk had mentioned, has basically been my staple for MW monk as opposed to any of those stat proc ones. It offers more burst, and also, one thing to keep in mind is that MW heals are very strong, but what makes them thrive even further overall is their ability to burst, and ele force adds onto that.

Static spellpower is also good to swap out with if you're in team fights where most of your focus is depending on healing, however I have tried out coastal surge, and that with the Mist Wrap talent, seems very strong with MW along with the other hots that MW provide.

For neck enchant, so mark of the priestess is actually decent (proc heals for 150-300), but I use satyr on MW, for the same reason I use ele force on weapon. Claw only procs 6 crit/haste, which doesn't seem as significant as the other 2.

Lastly, I think everyone hit the point on trinkets. I use the STV on use trinket and a 6 int one. If I was struggling with stam I'd use AGM (if you had of course), if not, then 6 int/STV is fine.
[doublepost=1539629437,1539629055][/doublepost]https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/argent-dawn/Dcms

Also I logged out in my MW set if you want to take a look. Disregard the shoulders, and for Green Lens I'd recommend the Quickblade 9/9. As for aurora pieces, just replace those with Quickblade (I have yet to get some of these). :)

@Dcm do you like Mist Wrap over Chi Burst? Chi is insane aoe healing... numbers wise not too crazy but I can heal an entire 40 man if they are grouped (I don't believe there's a limit?) 150 normal, if it crits even better. Having some burst healing seems pretty good.

@Dcm do you like Mist Wrap over Chi Burst? Chi is insane aoe healing... numbers wise not too crazy but I can heal an entire 40 man if they are grouped (I don't believe there's a limit?) 150 normal, if it crits even better. Having some burst healing seems pretty good.
I like Mist Wrap mostly because it's a sustained ability that adds onto burst healing which is something that I feel MW slightly lacks, because the heals require a bit of a ramp before they are effective.

Chi Burst is also very good, I don't care for it as much, but I'm definitely not ruling it out or saying it's a bad choice

as far as weapon: if you get the secondaries right, and enchants, you can end up with 32 int/10stam/6 secondary stats from green weapons. So +2int and +2 stats. up to you if it's worth the dps tradeoff or anything else.

As far as weapon enchants, cloudsong is a really good choice imo, not just because it's strong but also because mistweaver can get trapped into being a single focus healer. If you get a cloudsong proc on somebody, especially with a HoT already active, you can get a lot of freedom to heal other folks on your team. Cloudsong procs often enough to be real useful, and it's a strong HoT. Elemental force + satyr is a great combo even just for peeling off yourself. All up to you.

Don't forget ring enchants, binding of X for +2 each when scaled up.

For your trinkets, defending champion is probably (maybe objectively?) better than battlemasters, and there's nothing wrong with running defending champion with battlemaster (they only share 30seconds of CD). Defending champion can be extremely easy to farm if you just park a death knight at STV arena on the right realm.

You can put a shoulder enchant on a BOA shoulderpiece, which gives a lot of stats and is 100% worth doing if you can.

On the speed enchant thing: I think you'd be wasting your time with +4% speed as a monk, because you can't kite on the move, you often get jumped by classes who can snare you, and you don't have any speed boosts that are affected by the stats+speed enchant not stacking. The only real benefit I can see would be possibly outrunning... warriors? by +4%, which, tbh, seems limited. Another benefit is that it can be a ton cheaper on the AH.

Last thing I've got is that even if you don't find your fang gloves, you can always either 1. buy a boe like Scouting gloves and put the glove kit on them or 2. enchant your current gloves with intellect. Oh, and if you're about to unsub, consider stocking up on Goblin Gliders. They can really save your life as a healer with kinda limited escape.

Last edited:
3 days left, gloves seem impossible and there's none on the AH, but that's how it goes.

Was going to ask about Quick Navigation, crit/vers/haste (depends which chant you choose) for 30 seconds stacking up to 5 times, Upon reaching 5 stacks procs more of that secondarily for 10 seconds. That's a ton of uptime...

Might just go +9 spellpower to wep, if I won't be doing much damage that seems to be the strongest.

I like +stats to bracers, tooltip +3, might scale higher on 29. Will apply tonight. If the tooltips are correct I would lose 1 stamina to gain 3 int.

Ancient Priestess is rough, it's like 2% of my total healing. Doesn't seem worth it.
Coast Surge sounds a lot like it, a low proc based heal. I hear it's like a Rej. Doesn't seem too great.
[doublepost=1539817372,1539816593][/doublepost]@x2twink TY for the info. Cloudsong? I don't see that enchant.

3 days left, gloves seem impossible and there's none on the AH, but that's how it goes.

Was going to ask about Quick Navigation, crit/vers/haste (depends which chant you choose) for 30 seconds stacking up to 5 times, Upon reaching 5 stacks procs more of that secondarily for 10 seconds. That's a ton of uptime...

Might just go +9 spellpower to wep, if I won't be doing much damage that seems to be the strongest.

I like +stats to bracers, tooltip +3, might scale higher on 29. Will apply tonight. If the tooltips are correct I would lose 1 stamina to gain 3 int.

Ancient Priestess is rough, it's like 2% of my total healing. Doesn't seem worth it.
Coast Surge sounds a lot like it, a low proc based heal. I hear it's like a Rej. Doesn't seem too great.
[doublepost=1539817372,1539816593][/doublepost]@x2twink TY for the info. Cloudsong? I don't see that enchant.
Yeah the shitty thing about fang gloves is that you could get on your 1st run, or 100th, kinda no in between on that one. If you're unable to obtain and it's coming close to your sub running out, I would try and find a pair of boe ilvl 25 gloves from the AH that are quickblade. The stam to gloves enchant is too good to pass up imo.

So I personally haven't tested those myself, but something I have noticed is that secondary stats can be strong for some classs (like warrior), but I feel that for almost all healers, sacrificing another heal (in reference to coastal surge) or more SP or ele force for some secondaries isn't entirely worth it in my opinion. It's worth trying out, so who knows what results you could yield. (Could buy multiple staffs from peak and enchant and test out all, wouldn't hurt)

However static spellpower is my favorite enchant for healers, although I've tried coastal surge, and I like that one too.

Also, is the + stat bracer enchant was only for level 25 or higher, or is there another one I'm not knowing about?

And lastly, Ancient Priestess is kinda random. I've yielded decent results from it on my paladin, it *kinda* helps with burst healing and sometimes topping someone off so I don't have to cast flash of light, but on monk it can be pretty lack luster. If you don't see yourself playing aggressively with damage, I would recommend the vers or crit (imo vers is more powerful but bis is based off of your own determination this xpac, which is kinda nice).

And in reference to what @x2twink was talking about, his description matches that of coastal surge. I thought he was talking about windsong at first, but windsong is a proc for secondary stats, not a bonus to healing.

Edit: it's also worth mentioning that if you do decide to use coastal surge, the icon for it is the exact same as renewing mist, so when I first started using it, I thought it didn't work for monks

Last edited:
You should get a weapon with more dps for fistweaving, something like I have on my MW. Got super lucky and found this on the AH when I had a day of gametime lol

yeetmwwep.png

Users who are viewing this thread