Trying to decide if I should end my twink

Herbie

Grandfathered
So I have a lovely 119 moonkin twink that I was lucky enough to get some anniversary gear on.

Some of you know me and have run into me in BG's and I have had a lot of fun but lately I just haven't been playing this character and I am wondering if I should just take the plunge and move him onto level 120.

I want a healer at 120 but don't really want to level yet another character and this guy is one level away from solving that problem.

My current issue is that I am stuck on making that step and destroying the twink. I went over to org to turn exp back on and stood there for like 15 mins trying to decide if I should do it or not.

In the end I shut everything down and went off to do something else but its stuck in my mind and its like an itch I cant scratch.

I need a good mythic+ healer and I have a
120 shaman
119 druid
110 monk
104 priest and
84 paladin

I know druid is a great choice which is why I want to move it up but I am not sure I can but I am not sure I wont.

Anyway, here is my character and I suppose if I am being honest I am looking for someone to talk me out of it and point out why it would be better to leave it and pick a different healer.

(https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/frostmourne/owlbert)

Since this is a twink forum and our chars are sacred to us, the answers are gonna be no :p

you porbably put more work into that character than it will take you to lvl a new one/buy a 110 boost

You're basically deciding to never play 119 again, just because you don't want to level something else?

Next patch (5 days) the heirlooms bump up to 120, i'd almost always create a new toon over leveling (except I did the same thing to a couple 119... but it was because they did NOT get enough anniversary gear. Yours did.)

edit- there's also no guarantee that anniversary gear will ever be that good again. Things change. I'd level from 1 first.

You put a lot more effort into that 119 to be 119 than you will creating another 120, even from scratch. I'm at the character cap for my account, so the options aren't as simple... but If you can make another, id suggest it.

Leveling=easy.
Turning back time=hard.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Your Monk and Priest are both over 100. Why is this even a question? :D

I'm loving disc priest because in the dungeons I can get my atonements up and convert to dps and heal the group with my damage. Your dps won't be exceptional or anything due to weaving atonements, but you'll contribute to a lot of extra dps for speed on the run and have fun with a decent dps rotation while keeping the group alive with great utility.

Played correctly and you can't go wrong with disc and you won't have to trash your twink.

Additionally, I always have two druids--a max level and a twink. While healing on that priest, you could work a side Druid meant for future maxing and practice healing as you level.

start a new toon and lvl it to 120, you can have so many toons these days why break a 119 into 120 ? each twink takes a lot of time and effort, honor your twinks ;)

A boost to 110 and ten levels takes way less time than rebuilding a 119 if you decide you want to play again.

one of my account, i remember clearly that i had use up the 110 boost (to level it to 119 for that account to rush for the 14th anniversary gears) .. and something happened after a patch and i couldnt get my game up, so i deleted my wow game completely from my computer and factory reset my computer, and download the game new, and then i had the 110 boost appearing on my log in page .. so if anyone who is planning to reload their game new, pls take a look to see if you get a completely new 110 boost after you do that .. need verification

Just make another toon or level the other ones u listed. Anniversary gear will only get better with age. Especially next event when u can fill more spots out. That way when you’re bored on your new 120 someday this xpac or next, u can come back to your 119 and take a big ol steaming dookie on some kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've leveled up tens of my twinks, thinking it was the right move.

And I've learned my lesson.
You'll see gear you had, eventually become grandfathered. And it'll piss you the fuck off.
And you'll end up getting stuck around 1700cr in arenas.
It isnt worth it.
[doublepost=1552335432,1552334857][/doublepost]https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/kelthuzad/Jwl

This character was my pride & joy, about 7 years ago. Had ultra-rare mounts before they went account bound, BIS for every spec, maxed professions...the works.

Now look at him. He is level 92 with no intentions of being played ever again.
I'd probably delete all of my twinks just to have this one back at level 70.
Trust me, do NOT level.

Users who are viewing this thread