EU+US troll vs tauren for boomkin

what race is better

• troll

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • tuaren

Votes: 21 55.3%

• Total voters
Depends what role I'm playing overall or what gearset I am currently using. If it was up to me I prefer to play the much more passive mid damage style of boomkin and push up very carefully with my team and run very little Hp for maximum mid pressure. This lends well to the troll racial which is what I have on my current only US boomkin and one of EU boomkins. I think the most attractive thing about tauren boomie isn't even the racial stun but the stam increase. The stun is vital for racial snowballing sometimes and is very good utility sure, but having 200 ish more hp (Because tauren gets 9 racial stamina and extra stamina from their actual base stats) is just really good when you're pugging.

So if you wanna be playing the utility boomkin go tauren (Tauren also better if you PuG a lot). Otherwise the troll racial is really powerful for mid pressure if you can deal with the lower health pool.

EDIT: Worth noting that though troll has the racial for damage it has really low base intellect alongside tauren (only 16). If faction is not a consideration then night elf is easily the best race for midfield druid (Unless you really value the tauren racial) because of the 4 more base intelect, very high base agility for cat form damage and shadowmeld being the most powerful alliance racial in the 19 bracket.

In my opinion, Tauren is the superior race for druids on horde. Eclipsis covered the points pretty well. Being Tauren just opens up for a lot of utility play, which is what a druid craves. You are literally the star player on the map. You can do damage, you can FC, you support, etc. Tauren just does all of that so well. And that has to do with the extra HP and warstomp of course.

Depends what role I'm playing overall or what gearset I am currently using. If it was up to me I prefer to play the much more passive mid damage style of boomkin and push up very carefully with my team and run very little Hp for maximum mid pressure. This lends well to the troll racial which is what I have on my current only US boomkin and one of EU boomkins. I think the most attractive thing about tauren boomie isn't even the racial stun but the stam increase. The stun is vital for racial snowballing sometimes and is very good utility sure, but having 200 ish more hp (Because tauren gets 9 racial stamina and extra stamina from their actual base stats) is just really good when you're pugging.

So if you wanna be playing the utility boomkin go tauren (Tauren also better if you PuG a lot). Otherwise the troll racial is really powerful for mid pressure if you can deal with the lower health pool.

EDIT: Worth noting that though troll has the racial for damage it has really low base intellect alongside tauren (only 16). If faction is not a consideration then night elf is easily the best race for midfield druid (Unless you really value the tauren racial) because of the 4 more base intelect, very high base agility for cat form damage and shadowmeld being the most powerful alliance racial in the 19 bracket.
i wanna lick you rly badly

Troll for high damage, that is throw tons of moonfires and make a run for it. Names are Trollu, datrollmon, underbridge

Tauren to stand up and fight, 1 on 1, Intimidating on big ass mounts, even a premade gets scared. AND much cooler looking with great name combinations, Fatboomy, Hagridcow, COW(craft of war)

I prefer the extra stamina, the stun is good for peeling as well. Troll looks worse that female taruren, thats enough for me :3

Not totally sure how the gear works out in 19 versus 29, but haste has serious diminishing returns after 30%ish when considering a fight consisting of lots of enemies.

Not totally sure how the gear works out in 19 versus 29, but haste has serious diminishing returns after 30%ish when considering a fight consisting of lots of enemies.

19s druids get around 30% haste just from gift enchants and gear

goblin for the mobility

Tauren is better imo. If you play with a rogue and their heals stack you can get a displaced stomp into a torrent. Aswell as keg smash and your front liners etc.
I'd play Tauren any day. The troll racial is nice but the stomp and stamina is too much to miss out on.

Users who are viewing this thread