[Tricky Treat]'s Need confrimation!!

thubble

Legend
Do [Tricky Treat]'s disappear after Nov 1? Or do they remain in your bags till next year. I really need to know this, for obvious reasons.

I asked that question in "Re: QUESTIONS & ANSWERS - The place for any question about F2P " but the only answer I got was somewhat indecisive.

"I would assume that they disappear, based on prior experience with other holiday tokens and items with "Requires Hallow's End (or x event)". You should spend them before the event is over!"

Past the uncertainty that was indicated in the response is the fact that some people told me they remain. Also I have some holiday currency stored in my bank from other events. Also since some of the items you can buy require a lot of the Tricky Treat's (150) it would be reasonable to think that they would let you bank them.

Now I ask, can anyone confirm this one way or the other for sure, because I don't want to blow them on silly stuff now if I don't have to but on the other hand I really don't want to see them just vansih- what a waste.

Yes, they will disappear. They are like the flying broom that you can get during Hallows End and then erased from your backpack when the event is over.

Instant getaway mount? hell yahhh

Indeed :) As a priest I can't say how invaluable it's been to get away from a group of hostiles. Fearbomb, and walk a few feet till combat lock is over then bamm, fly away on broom. Gonna be so sad to see it go.

Another question just occured to me too, at what exact time do they disappear from your bag?

Indeed :) As a priest I can't say how invaluable it's been to get away from a group of hostiles. Fearbomb, and walk a few feet till combat lock is over then bamm, fly away on broom. Gonna be so sad to see it go.

Another question just occured to me too, at what exact time do they disappear from your bag?
In your ingame calendar you can see the exact time Hallow's End ends. That's most likely the same moment they disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:
not all "requires [EVENT NAME]" items disappear. Furthermore, not all such items stop working after the event ends!!! I am so sad I did not know this before, otherwise I would have filled my bank full of Brewfest food

Stock on "bread of the dead" (available during the 2 days of the dead, starting the day after tomorrow), apparently it retains its nutritional properties for an indefinitely long period of time.

I wish the "ogre male mask" kept working after the end of hallow's end. That's unlikely, though. I haven't played a single battleground without it.

Last edited by a moderator:
not all "requires [EVENT NAME]" items disappear. Furthermore, not all such items stop working after the event ends!!! I am so sad I did not know this before, otherwise I would have filled my bank full of Brewfest food

Stock on "bread of the dead" (available during the 2 days of the dead, starting the day after tomorrow), apparently it retains its nutritional properties for an indefinitely long period of time.

I wish the "ogre male mask" kept working after the end of hallow's end. That's unlikely, though. I haven't played a single battleground without it.

ya omg the mask is awesome. I got the broom right away by random drop so I could spend all my treats on the mask- combined with greymans resolve it's 30 extra stamia o_O

About the breat. It does say requires dotd
Bread of the Dead
Requires Day of the Dead
Item Level 55
so it will be interesting to see if it does remain and can be used afterwards. Blizzard should really get it fixed where it has errors in telling you what things will disappear because as you alluded to it can cause a lot of heart ache. Come on blizz, get yer act together!

What's the attraction for this one? It's well fed buff seems to be poor. At level 20 it would be only 5 stamina and spirit- quite poor.
"
Meepmeep on 2009/11/01 (Patch 3.2.2)
Since it seems to not have been posted yet, i thought i'ld say, The Well Fed buff from this food, increases your Spirit and Stamina by 25% of your level (20 stamina and spirit at lvl 80"

well, its a small buff, BUT - as far as i know, it's very easy to get a huge amount of "bread of the dead" portions. So why not. Every little helps.

Oh maybe Blizz has quietly fixed it for this year. Do they always announce all changes in the patches?

well, its a small buff, BUT - as far as i know, it's very easy to get a huge amount of "bread of the dead" portions. So why not. Every little helps.

The every little bit helps idea doesn't apply when it causes your stamina to actually decrease because you're using it instead of a higher well fed buff.

Oh maybe Blizz has quietly fixed it for this year. Do they always announce all changes in the patches?
Better question: does blizzard always fix all the errors in each patch?

a higher well fed buff which is hard to get (needs time farming mats), so you don't bother at all...

...or a tiny well fed buff, which is extremely easy to get, mats are purchased from vendor cheaply.

Your choice? A small buff is better, than no buff at all. And most people in BG's have NO WELL FED BUFF AT ALL TIMES.

Alyaa, the point is that, apparently, and contrary to what the in-game description of the item says, you can use the bread of the dead AFTER THE DAY OF THE DEAD HAS FINISHED. (Well, at least you could last year).

Yup. I spent a lot of time yesterday filling the bags of a handful of toons with masks. All gooooonnnnne.

What I did was to fill up all empty spaces in my bags and bank with wands, which don't disappear. I will be needing those spaces to do things, as you tend to do in wow, so for the next few bg's I will be able to have the fun of making everyone on our team a ninja, or whatever- creating working space in my bags while I'm at it. I figure might as well as get a little fun out the surplus tricky treats rather than nothing at all.

All things that say "Requires Hallow's End" will be removed from your bags when you log out. You can keep Crudely Wrapped Gift - Item - World of Warcraft and open it any time to use the items, including Magic Broom - Item - World of Warcraft and use it whenever you like, until you log out, at which point it will be removed again.

Actually, it all disappears whenever you load an are. I just opened a crudely wrapped gift and got a broom... it disappeared after loading zones after a boat ride.

Users who are viewing this thread