Top Twink Class to Solo Farm Dungeons at 20?

Untouchable

Veteran
My question is simple. As a 20 twink, I know you can que for dungeons or solo dungeons as a twink to farm gear. My question for you guys is this. Which class and enchants on weapons you use to farm and what do you consider a top tier class for solo? For example, I use my Fury warrior with 2 crusader enchants on each weapon and I delete mobs. It's easier as I que as a tank but switch to Fury and then wipe the place.

As a follow up question, I saw a WW with a lifestealing enchant and she was a beast.

Prot pala and You can take very very large pulls, while also being unkillable with bosses

I farm Uldaman very often and my first pull is all the Troggs from entrance to the cave near the first boss. Pretty easy as prot.
My times for a Uldaman run (all mobs and Archaedas) are around 13-16 min

Prot pala and You can take very very large pulls, while also being unkillable with bosses

I farm Uldaman very often and my first pull is all the Troggs from entrance to the cave near the first boss. Pretty easy as prot.
My times for a Uldaman run (all mobs and Archaedas) are around 13-16 min
I can vouch to this. There isn't a piece of scaled level 20 content you couldn't solo with a mediocre gear on a protection paladin.

Once you get crusader - the more you pull, the more you heal. You have 3 AoE abilities which proc your crusader non stop. You do very heavy damage on top of that. I soloed many dungeons on my protection paladin. Being fully geared with talasites (soon to be nerfed) and crusader allowed me to pull packs of 10-15 elite mobs without any issues. You also have two panic buttons - Divine Shield and Lay on Hands, thus even when you screw up you can save yourself for the moment, heal up and proceed.

Protection paladin, hands down.

Imo prot paladin is S tier in general, you are basically immortal, you do well against certain fights that FORCES you to be low hp (the banshee boss) since its ez to full heal if you get into trouble, good spammable aoe that buffs your defences.

Bm monk feels second best, its rather poor in dealing with grouped mobs but chi wave is amazing for single target boss fights, it basically heals around 30% hp per use (chi burst is better against groups but longer cd)

Imo prot paladin is S tier in general, you are basically immortal, you do well against certain fights that FORCES you to be low hp (the banshee boss) since its ez to full heal if you get into trouble, good spammable aoe that buffs your defences.

Bm monk feels second best, its rather poor in dealing with grouped mobs but chi wave is amazing for single target boss fights, it basically heals around 30% hp per use (chi burst is better against groups but longer cd)

What enchants to use for a BRM Monk? I heard Lifestealing is marvelous but this is the main I use for twinking.

What enchants to use for a BRM Monk? I heard Lifestealing is marvelous but this is the main I use for twinking.
Im not too sure about how lifestealing and others work, i just use elemental force and it works fine. I heard that double lifestealing is a bit crazy in healing output myself but BRM doesnt really struggle with survivability in solo dungeons, it more of struggles against multiple mobs (even with crane kick spam)

I solo dungeons on DH, prot pally, and guardian druid. DH is my personal favorite. Prot pally might be better at face value, but I hate how slow its movement speed is.

Demon Hunter
  • Awesome tricks and shortcuts available because of double jump/dashes
  • No downtime to heal because heals are part of your kit (I also use dual lifestealing enchants)
  • Fast
Protection Paladin
  • Super tanky with great AoE
  • Instant heals (helps with cast speed debuffs)
  • Word of Glory (heal) and Shield of Righteousness (damage) compete for the same resource
  • Slow
Guardian Druid

I've solod dungeons as Fury, but at 20 it's a little more sketch without the spammable whirlwind. Have to time your victory rushes and keep your absorb up as much as possible.
Guardian Druid definitely can solo, but not getting Frenzied Regen until 21 makes it less enjoyable. When I get bored I'll sometimes just hop in a dungeon and let brambles solo the packs of mobs.
I personally go with Brewmaster Monk with lifesteal enchant. You can basically just bind Spinning Crane Kick to the scroll up on your mouse and solo the dungeon. Then have a second set with full HP gear that you swap to and just one shot bosses with Touch of Death.

I've solod dungeons as Fury, but at 20 it's a little more sketch without the spammable whirlwind. Have to time your victory rushes and keep your absorb up as much as possible.

Have you (or anyone else) ever tried using a 2H + shield and sustaining with Bloodthirst? It's all theory for me, but I'd wonder if a high haste/vers build would be viable for PvE with that set up using something like https://www.wowhead.com/item=13505/runeblade-of-baron-rivendare.

Have you (or anyone else) ever tried using a 2H + shield and sustaining with Bloodthirst? It's all theory for me, but I'd wonder if a high haste/vers build would be viable for PvE with that set up using something like https://www.wowhead.com/item=13505/runeblade-of-baron-rivendare.
I feel like the minimal benefits you'd get from the shield would easily be trumped by having an extra crusader, being able to use raging blow, and being able to use rampage. It'd basically override what makes fury work which is it's high damage which lets you sustain through victory rush spam from quick kills.

Like a turtle, slow and steady & decently, crusader will carry but its not the best.

I hope replying to a 3-month-old post is not considered necro'ing. With the recent crusader bug, are warriors better at solo farming TBC dungeons? I ask because I'm debating whether to create a paladin or warrior. I know paladins are a good pick, but I'd prefer to go with warrior if it isn't horrible at solo dungeon clears.

I hope replying to a 3-month-old post is not considered necro'ing. With the recent crusader bug, are warriors better at solo farming TBC dungeons? I ask because I'm debating whether to create a paladin or warrior. I know paladins are a good pick, but I'd prefer to go with warrior if it isn't horrible at solo dungeon clears.
would not recommend relying on an obviously broken mechanic to build a toon around. it will get adjusted eventually.

Paladin will never give you trouble... there's no upside to warrior other than PvP and personal preference.

edit- also matters why you're doing it, if it's only to solo clear dungeons you can try level 15 or 10 as well (15 is my preference for more dungeons and a talent) and get more flexibilty in choice.

Users who are viewing this thread