EU+US Top tink Series 2015: Priest

Top Priest?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorigon

Alpha and Omega
Well, the shaman poll is a hard act to follow up. Going forward, I've developed a system of three criteria that I will try to go by when choosing candidates. They are as follows: 1) active 2) skillful 3) having name recognition. It is ideal for a candidate to fit all three criteria, but if they are extremely qualified in the other two or I make a mistake in choosing them, maybe they won't fit all three. Looking back, the shaman candidates were all very qualified, more so than some of the monks. Priest has some big names, but many of them lack the famousness of some shamans within our community. Nevertheless, I spent a really long time poring over the available priests and think we have put together a deserving list of candidates that should make for a competitive poll.

Bakked
Most twinks have some controversy attached to their names. Look hard enough, and you'll find someone who has beef with them. Bakked is special in this regard because he's probably the most laid back dude in the bracket and can get along with all sorts of people so easily. Of course, he also plays a good priest. Playing in <Skill Ratio> on horde and I have no idea what guild on alliance, he is a steadying presence that can help others put the PvP in perspective.

Beathis
This guy is the one who I know nothing about in this poll. I looked hard for a 10th priest, and people kept on saying to include Beathis, so I finally relented. Beathis is the guild leader of <Illustrious>, and rumor has it that he's also their A-Team priest. Few priests within the bracket can boast this combination of characteristics, which are enough to get Beathis in the poll. If anyone has more info, I can add an edit!

Blakegriffin
One of the more notorious beneficiaries of the GG Nineteen Project, Blakegriffin decided it was time to PvP in a real bracket and has quickly gained some reputation as a skillful priest. Formerly known as Sudowoodo in the 70s bracket, he has gathered forces around him in his <jesus christ marie> guild and now works tirelessly to bring home the gold. We will soon see if his very successful play in the 70s bracket will transfer seamlessly to 19s.

Cipe
After slumming around on a night elf hunter in <Lethal Synergy> and <underground> for a couple of years, Cipe found his calling as a disc priest. With a friendly personality and a determination to get better, he eventually found his way into <Skill Ratio>, where he has resided ever since. Cipe often impresses others with his consistent play and vast knowledge of how the priest class works.

Dontdodrugs
Contrary to the name, Dontdodrugs is pretty similar to Bakked in a lot of ways. He is a chill dude who really just wants to have a good time. He is also a longtime presence within the bracket as the leader of <Laughing Skull FTW>, offering a home to many other laid back twinks. Now returned from a long hiatus, Drugs has renewed his priest play within the gulch and taken on a major leadership role within the GG Nineteen Project.

Flashhealz
A year or two ago, Flashhealz really built his reputation up as a top priest. His play in the 2014 Twink Cup was legendary, wowing many stream viewers and opponents with his lightning fast reaction time. Since then, he has taken a bit of a back seat in the bracket, focusing on other things while letting other priests establish themselves as top healers. A win or even a strong showing within this poll can help Flash regain some of that past glory.

Kancerx
Few twinks in WoW can arouse such mixed emotions as Kancer. After being mostly known as a holy paladin in Cata and MoP, Kancer rerolled as a priest in WoD with the paladin class's demise. Playing a mix of WSG and arena, he quickly showed himself to be a top priest, with more and more people respecting both his gameplay and his demeanor. Recently, he has re-graced <Skill Ratio> with his presence, capping this achievement with a promotion to "Officer" within the guild.

Livingforce
Boasting possibly the most impressive physique within the bracket, Livingforce has chosen to belie that in his WoW play, focusing on a class that uses mind rather than muscles. He has a long history as a priest in this and many other brackets, and has a solid reputation within arenas, pug gulches, and premades. Often teaming up with his fellow coal-mining brother Tapout, he now looks to make a strong showing in this year's Twink Cup.

Muskie
Every class poll really needs an "old school" entry. This doesn't apply to monk, but Purj fit perfectly for shamans. Muskie is carrying on that tradition in the priest poll. Many moons ago, Arthas was like the Bleeding Hollow of '06, and some say Muskie was like the Mocha of those days. Coming straight out of the Land Before Time, Muskie now seeks to prove that old school is the good school while serving in <Illustrious> as its Co-GM.

Unplugged
Word has it that Unplugged started the tradition of naming with "Un-" on the Stormrage server, forcing all the members of his <GSC> guild to do the same. While that's cool, it doesn't have much to do with priests. Unplugged is the only EU entry into this priest poll, but historically, the EUers have had strong showings for priest. In the first Top Twink Series, Hurrx actually won priest before eventually falling to Saxxon in the finals. Unplugged now seeks to surpass his achievements and win not only the priest class but the finals as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a huge weakness when it comes to priest amongst the class distribution all-stars lists.

Living is a household name but personally I don't see much of an impact in having him on my team in PUGs.

Cipe is a fun dude to have on my team.

Kancerx I haven't seen anything above ignorable from him when it comes to PUGs.

Drugs is my favorite community priest by far. Whenever he's on my team, our team is always lightened in mood. Good priest for sure, but it seems like when it comes to priests, there's mediocre and "good" and not much else.

Bakked I haven't seen in a single game since MOP or even really post on TI.

Flash was a killer priest in Cata and I loved seeing him. But perhaps it's just the priest skill cap these days... he does not stand out much to me in PUGs.

Muskie I really had 0 clue who this person was.

@ The rest = who?

I see a huge weakness when it comes to priest amongst the class distribution all-stars lists.

Living is a household name but personally I don't see much of an impact in having him on my team in PUGs.

Drugs is my favorite community priest by far. Whenever he's on my team, our team is always lightened in mood. Good priest for sure, but it seems like when it comes to priests, there's mediocre and "good" and not much else.

Flash was a killer priest in Cata and I loved seeing him. But perhaps it's just the priest skill cap these days... he does not stand out much to me in PUGs.

Muskie I really had 0 clue who this person was. However, I always see him on alliance. As a Horde player, It's very hard to judge healers whom are on your team in my opinion and it's MUCH easier to detect a skilled priest if you are on the opposition of said priest. Muskie always does a great job at keeping Ally alive and can shut up some of my team's DPS when necessary. I would like to play on his team to still see if I feel as though he is keeping my team up as well as he appears to from the opposing faction.

@ The rest = who?

Solid post! Would love to see some more analyses of the candidates. Re: weakness, I do not look forward to the mage, paladin, and lock polls.

Muskie I really had 0 clue who this person was. However, I always see him on alliance. As a Horde player, It's very hard to judge healers whom are on your team in my opinion and it's MUCH easier to detect a skilled priest if you are on the opposition of said priest. Muskie always does a great job at keeping Ally alive and can shut up some of my team's DPS when necessary. I would like to play on his team to still see if I feel as though he is keeping my team up as well as he appears to from the opposing faction.

@ The rest = who?

Thanks, bby :cool:

Honorable mentions to my boys Baked and Cipe

Thanks for the shout-out Dory, but I must concede that my skill level is currently no where near the names on this list. My two favorite priests, not surprisingly, are Bakked and Living. Who is most skilled on this list? That's a tough one. Flashealz has always impressed me. Cheers!

Nice threads Dory! Entertaining read while at work.
Cant wait to see the candidates for top wod lock US.

edit: Wont vote, dont play US

Aren't these polls like really affected by who likes who and not who's the best? Or am I just really wrong? (again)

It definitely factors in. Just done for fun and entertainment, either way.

Aren't these polls like really affected by who likes who and not who's the best? Or am I just really wrong? (again)

It is, and it always will be. But people still find enjoyment reading them. And the way Dorigon make the polls makes them interesting because you always get some more personal information about the different players.
So the outcome of the poll isnt really that important, at least for me.
But yes, you will always have veterans getting credit for a long gone performance level, some getting voted for just because they are nice dudes and so on.

Nice threads Dory! Entertaining read while at work.
Cant wait to see the candidates for top wod lock US.

edit: Wont vote, dont play US

Can still go ahead and vote! The more the better ;x

It is, and it always will be. But people still find enjoyment reading them. And the way Dorigon make the polls makes them interesting because you always get some more personal information about the different players.
So the outcome of the poll isnt really that important, at least for me.
But yes, you will always have veterans getting credit for a long gone performance level, some getting voted for just because they are nice dudes and so on.

Yes this is how I see it - everyone may have different criteria for why they choose one person over another. To me, it's perfectly acceptable.

Realisticly [MENTION=25816]Blueprint[/MENTION] (unplugged) should be getting a lot more votes, i'm pretty convinced he is the only priest on US that can solo heal any pug/premade. His positioning is stellar, his realisticly are quite questionable but his healing is fkn on par, he really doesn't waste a global

Of course it will influence people's decision, but that does not necessitate that a player is not both liked and top tier (and arguably the best of said class).
I think for some, myself included, that aspect almost makes the decision more difficult because I consider many of these fellas friends and have quite some history with them.
That being said, I think it is important to take an objective stance and put the personal stuff to the side (whether good or bad) and decide based on the merits of their play.

May the best priest win.

Realisticly [MENTION=25816]Blueprint[/MENTION] (unplugged) should be getting a lot more votes, i'm pretty convinced he is the only priest on US that can solo heal any pug/premade. His positioning is stellar, his realisticly are quite questionable but his healing is fkn on par, he really doesn't waste a global

Lmfao.

Honorable mentions to my boys Baked and Cipe

qt <3

Kancer is just next level right now, there's really no debate.

Kancer is just next level right now, there's really no debate.

Nope, my dad can beat up your dad.

Hunter: Ezeron/Grizzle
Warrior: Ko
Rogue: Saxxon
Druid: Pizza/HB
Paladin: Idiote
Warlock: Youredead
Mage: HB

Dorigon is the ultimate troll and entertainer with these threads.. never have so many adolescents frothed at the mouth, hungrily waiting for their name to appear in pixels.

Watch out for Squidy in the next few months he is a really good priest aswell and deserves to be on this list. He just joined US though so i understand he didn't make the list yet.

As for now i voted for Unplugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread