• Myrm

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Silk

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dorigon

Alpha and Omega
This poll was very difficult to make, and I'm not happy about the results. I feel dirty after making it. That said, the bad polls can't all be kept off until the end, which would be even more unbearable. Paladin is a class that's in a very weak place right now, perhaps similar to mage and lock. Being such a shit class, I am taking this opportunity to make a private poll as an experiment. As part of this experiment, please resist the temptation to hit 'show results' before voting. There have been some iffy trends so far in this series, and we will see how private polls affect the outcome, if indeed they do. Anyway, please vote for whoever you think is the best paladin. (Being that a lot of paladin play these days is in arena, and thus out of the spotlight, I expect name recognition to play a bigger role in this poll than skill or activity). Also, now setting polls to close after 2 days, that way thread doesn't need be closed.

Arkantxus
One of the first EUers on the scene, Arkant has spent much of his lengthy tenure playing a holy paladin. With holy now dead, he was left to respec ret and relearn his class. While he usually plays his hunter these days, Arkant has the skill and name recognition necessary to make it far in the paladin poll. Some people are just born with a natural ability to excel at twink pvp in WoW, and Arkant may be one of those people.

Daedricdeath
Since Cata, Daedricdeath has established himself as a jack of all trades. In a single game, he may cap a flag, get 5 kills, and top healing on his ret paladin. Ok, not these days, but back in late Cata and early MoP that was true. Besides being a great guy, what Daedricdeath brings to the table is selflessness in the gulch, a realization that helping the team succeed is a greater contribution than simply playing for himself.

Hojington(Nicozy)
After finishing a strong second place in the shaman poll, Nicozy has also gained entry to the paladin poll on his ret Hojington. By his own admission, it is the twink that he mostly plays these days. I have never experienced Hojington myself, so if anyone has some insider info on his play, post and I'll edit this! If there is one thing true in WoW, it is that a player who excels on one class will excel on another. Given his reputation on Nicozy, Hojington very likely follows that truth.

Imacheeser
I don't know much about this guy, but in the difficult quest to find ten worthy individuals, his name was mentioned several times. My researchers had mixed luck in uncovering more details - apparently he used to be officer in a guild on BH named <Filthy Casual>, was a 'dick rider', and is either an old or 20-something ginger. That said, he must have done something right along the way, because he was repeatedly mentioned as one of the top paladins.

Jetlife
This guy probably deserves more recognition than he often gets. I remember when he first showed up as a troll shaman, he almost 1v2'd me and Pizza in mid on our alliance hunter and druid. It was our first taste of Jetlife. Since then, he has made a menace of himself on pretty much every class, but word is that he plays a mean ret paladin in the arenas. Jetlife is a player who stands out as someone who probably also excels at endgame.

Kancer
While known more as a holy paladin during Cata and MoP and a disc priest these days, Kancer has continued to play his paladin as ret in mostly arenas. Often compared to Jetlife in arena ret play, he prowls the 2v2 scene either alone or with a partner. Having actually spent some time developing his ret skills in Cata and MoP, Kancer perhaps has a leg up on the competition during the recent rush to respec from holy.

Koncentrate(Kevikev)
I don't even know if this character is being actively played right now. However, Kevikev gained endless internet fame after healing <tRain cOw> during the game in which it toppled <Waw Tawent>. In the eyes of certain people, that alone is enough to get someone into polls for life. I respect other peoples' opinions, so Koncentrate made the cut. It must also be mentioned that Koncentrate continued to have a very successful healing career throughout MoP.

Mocha
I don't know what to say here. People mentioned Mocha is active on a ret paladin. Being a 5 rank full nerd status poster on TI, he definitely has the name recognition. I will often see him on realid, so he has the activity. I haven't seen Mocha's paladin in-game since MoP, so I can't comment on the skill, but others have positive things to say about him.

Myrm
Probably the most dedicated paladin in this poll, Myrm has been faithfully playing his since Cata or earlier with nary a break. In addition, he gets some style points for being the founder and granddaddy of the Twink Cup. When considering Myrm, one must consider his play as a paladin as well as his famousness and great honor among our community. Myrm holds a distinction as being one of the few paladins who have remained holy.

Silk

Joining Myrm in the holy paladin department is Silk. Despite also playing hunter and maybe some other classes, Silk still faithfully logs on his holy paladin and struggles to do the job of a disc priest or resto shaman in the gulch. Maybe the end result isn't as great, but his never-ending determination and drive to succeed on his class has gone noticed by others. Silk is a guy who is determined that his class continues to be represented in twink pvp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont understand why you felt the need to list 2 players on their more known char/forum names? This will just be a factor of influence for some people.
It would be cooler to only use their char name on the specific class since this is what they should get rated/voted for. The performance on the one class matters and not their big names.
That way you kinda supported your expectation from the intro.
Just a thought, thanks for the read as always.

I dont understand why you felt the need to list 2 players on their more known char/forum names? This will just be a factor of influence for some people.
It would be cooler to only use their char name on the specific class since this is what they should get rated/voted for. The performance on the one class matters and not their big names.
That way you kinda supported your expectation from the intro.
Just a thought, thanks for the read as always.

Yea, you're probably right. I shouldn't have included the names in parentheses. It's difficult to say for sure - I wanted to clarify who people are if their character name is drastically different than who they're known as.

wtb DA in poll . his freestyle is on repeat when ever I play paladin. RIP . #freeDA

Hojington(Nicozy)
I have never experienced Hojington myself, so if anyone has some insider info on his play, post and I'll edit this!

For your sake, try to keep your experience with this guy as minimal as possible. All I have to say from an insider perspective of playing with Hojington is he is arguably one of the most toxic, immature, obnoxious players I have seen in the gulch over the past couple years. It's nearly impossible to get through a full WSG without having to deal with his incessant crying and spamming. My guess is he's a highly emotional prepubescent that can't keep his mouth shut. Even if you're winning the game he'll call people retards, and spew other insults at a personal level. He may play a good paladin, but I wouldn't vote for him in a million years due to his pathetic attitude.

And there you have it folks.
"He may be a good paladin, but I wouldn't vote for him....due to his pathetic attitude. "
Isn't this poll for the good players? Not the most popular?

/cheers

For your sake, try to keep your experience with this guy as minimal as possible. All I have to say from an insider perspective of playing with Hojington is he is arguably one of the most toxic, immature, obnoxious players I have seen in the gulch over the past couple years. It's nearly impossible to get through a full WSG without having to deal with his incessant crying and spamming. My guess is he's a highly emotional prepubescent that can't keep his mouth shut. Even if you're winning the game he'll call people retards, and spew other insults at a personal level. He may play a good paladin, but I wouldn't vote for him in a million years due to his pathetic attitude.

Just cause he called your guildmate bad lol. Which he is yall deserved the flack for it. This isnt who is the nicest it is who is the best . My votes for kancer tho lol hoj 2nd. Laughing skull ftw last. If ya dont suck ya wont get yelled or lol'd at.

Edit: damn alley beat me to the he is mean to me part so he isnt good!

Just cause he called your guildmate bad lol. Which he is yall deserved the flack for it. This isnt who is the nicest it is who is the best . My votes for kancer tho lol hoj 2nd. Laughing skull ftw last. If ya dont suck ya wont get yelled or lol'd at.

Ah... Another one that sees the light...
Soon you all will come to my side. Soon...
All part of the master plan...

/cheers

dont be to hard on the guy, spending 2 much time with the TL crew seems to do that to ppl.. which is actually a shame, some of them used to be cool dudes, only few still remain cool, I often found myself feeling sory for them, because of that.. soz for the derail just wanted to add sóme clarification..

Dorigon, since this is [US+EU] maybe asking some of the EU players who they'd like on the list would be an idea? Just a thought anyways, keep up the good work, nice threads ;)

Edit: I know there are some people from EU on the polls, but could still be an idea.

Dorigon, since this is [US+EU] maybe asking some of the EU players who they'd like on the list would be an idea? Just a thought anyways, keep up the good work, nice threads ;)

Edit: I know there are some people from EU on the polls, but could still be an idea.

Please send me a PM in case there's anyone from remaining classes who you think is especially deserving. I don't really know about the situation there, so please only people who meet the requirements of active, skillful, and having name recognition.

edit: I don't know what the remaining order is, so if you (or anyone else) would like, consider all the remaining classes and send me a PM with anyone deserving and maybe a couple of sentences about them.

Please send me a PM in case there's anyone from remaining classes who you think is especially deserving. I don't really know about the situation there, so please only people who meet the requirements of active, skillful, and having name recognition.

edit: I don't know what the remaining order is, so if you (or anyone else) would like, consider all the remaining classes and send me a PM with anyone deserving and maybe a couple of sentences about them.

sick

And there you have it folks.
"He may be a good paladin, but I wouldn't vote for him....due to his pathetic attitude. "
Isn't this poll for the good players? Not the most popular?

/cheers

Nope. It's for the "Top Twink Series 2015: Paladin" which is about being a top twink not being the most skilled, and in being a top twink i'm sure many people will take attitude into that.

Lol. He called my guildmate more than "bad". "Bad" is a glaring understatement. And don't try to single me out as defending my guildmates. Ive seen him go off on terrible rants to multiple players outside of my guildover petty mistakes, and thats only what I've seen (I can only imagine the shit he's whined about in other games). Its a fucking pug, get over it. And i should expect my guildmates to be making mistakes, considering half of them are new to the bracket through GG 19. It's part of the game. To both you and alley: this is a "Top" player in the bracket poll, not a "most skilled player in warsong gulch" poll. And last I checked polls are based on opinion. In my opinion, the "Top" player in the bracket is not one who displays the childish, venomous attitude characteristic of Hojington. Cheers.

Good poll Dory, don't sell yourself short I actually found this poll to be a tough call between 3-4 candidates! Omniknight probably only person I would have added, but this guy is a back alley late night arena player, and spottings are few. Great stuff as always!

Users who are viewing this thread