EU+US Top tink Series 2015: Hunter

Top Hunter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorigon

Alpha and Omega
Warrior was a good poll. Randylayhee was the expected (and resultant) winner, but sometimes the race for second place can be even more exciting. It was good to see competitiveness. Even if someone doesn't win, getting a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, whatever place finish can still validate his place within the class hierarchy. For hunter, I really wish I could include more, but had to remove some deserving entrants. Maybe you'll criticize me for not including your friend - that's fine, I can't please everyone. All members of this group of 10, however, should be very deserving of consideration. Have fun, read, vote!

Agntgrizzle(Grizzlefoot)
Better known as Grizzle than as Agntgrizzle (or his alliance hunter Agntfoot), my first experiences with him were on his goblin shaman Grizzlefoot in on Azgalor. It has been a long journey for Grizzle, but he has found a permanent place within SR. Serving as Pizza's right hand man in the 2014 Twink Cup, he will soon do the same in this year's edition, in the process seeking to solidify himself as the top hunter within the bracket.

Agntsliq(Slique)
Agntgrizzle's partner in crime, Slique can be difficult to include in these polls because of his tendency to play so many classes and characters. If I ever make a "best multi-classer" poll, he will be a definite entry. Slique plays his hunters most, so I felt he deserved an entry into this one. I almost feel like he and Agntgrizzle should be a single entry because they are like a pair. However, Slique is an excellent hunter in his own right, and definitely deserves the community's consideration.

Azngirlswagx(Kevikev)
Coming off a strong and unexpected second place finish in the paladin poll, Kevikev now seeks to outdo this former glory with a first place finish in the hunter poll. If any of these candidates has the edge in momentum, it is him. He likes to play female human characters, and his main hunter is not an exception to this rule. Kevikev has a strong mid presence and objective play in the gulch, and also has a reputation in arena.

Craycray(Workz)
Having the benefit of being seen as a nice guy in addition to a good player, Craycray is able to maintain friendships with most of the bracket. After spending time in and some other guilds during Cata and MoP, he has now found his place as the A-Team hunter in . The expectations are now higher than ever with the 2015 Twink Cup right around the corner, but if anyone can match them, it is bound to be Craycray.

Ezeron
Having been around for ages, Ezeron has often flown a bit under the radar. Those who are in the know have always been aware of his great skill as a hunter, but he has usually kept a low profile in the community. Let's face it, these polls come down to skill, activity, and name recognition. His skill is top-notch, no question about that, and his name recognition is almost as high. However, we will see if frequent lapses in activity can hurt Ezeron in this poll.

Fancy
Back in the day, Fancy was known as Shockhunter. His rep wasn't so good then, but he rebranded himself like many corporations have done in the past, seeking a clean break from the past. As Fancy, he has seen much more success and acclaim within the community, especially within the Oceanic 19s community. Fancy may get some crossover appeal in this poll because he has made friends with many of the recent EU immigrants. Look out for surprises from this candidate!

Hardbass
This year has seen more EU candidates than usual with the recent immigration. However, hunter is an exception, as Hardbass is the only entrant from that side of the Atlantic. When I first saw Hardbass's guild notes in SR, I got excited because I thought it may be a female twink. Being a female twink may even help his case, judging from Razqt's showing. But no, Hardbass is not a female twink, just a very skilled hunter in the gulch

Landria(Swoops)
The very definition of a lone wolf, Landria is one of the few twinks so far in Top Twink Series 2015 who hasn't been affiliated with a top guild. Most twinks like to have guilds, but for whatever reason, he is the exception to the rule. Landria has been impressing many people in the gulch since he come to 19s from the f2p bracket sometime during MoP, effectively multitasking on defense and midfield on his hunter.

Tellefella
Even though he lacks the flair of some other hunters in this poll, Tellefella has been a strong and consistent presence within the bracket for some years now. He had humble beginnings, but worked very hard and attracted attention from top guilds, eventually becoming one of the better hunters within the bracket. Now the owner of an MVP rank on TI despite very few posts, he has also shown himself to be a constructive and mature member of the community.

Zng
Even though he has more recently been famous for being Nastimyt's warrior partner in arena, much of Zng's play throughout the last handful of years has been on his hunter in the gulch. Zng has played just enough to stay relevant throughout these years, and if my own experiences have been any indication, his (at times) sparseness of play has had little effect on his skill. Regardless of content patches, Zng doesn't ever seem to get rusty on any of his toons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luckily Arkant had a tab up so the contents of the hunter poll were saved. You all get a free do-over. [MENTION=189]Conq[/MENTION] [MENTION=21759]Superstylin[/MENTION] can one of you fix this format please? My computer or internet continues to not work correctly with this platform. Thank you.

i was good wit goodz i surfed with surf

grizzle > ezeron

Saxxon has the meta right here. Ezeron vs Grizzle comes down to grizzle having superior abstract game play aka intangibles. On a mechanical/linear level Ezeron may be slightly superior.

Saxxon has the meta right here. Ezeron vs Grizzle comes down to grizzle having superior abstract game play aka intangibles. On a mechanical/linear level Ezeron may be slightly superior.

Why bother with a poll if you feel that way? Just put 2 names.

Why bother with a poll if you feel that way? Just put 2 names.

I didn't make the poll, I repeated a comment that I felt summed up the toss up between two people who many feel are the two top hunters of the bracket.

This post is as much about recognition of hard work and of reputation as it is about being top player in a specific class - this has been discussed in other Top Twink polls.

1. Grizzle
2. Ezeron
3. Fancy

Are my top three choices - Chronologically.

Last edited:
1. Discover
2. Ezeron
3. Hardbass
4. Slique
5. Grizzle
6. Hajima(mainly cause he doesnt play much)
7. Fancy

This is a srs list. why isnt hajima on this list idk, but why the furk is kevi on this list i want to die.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread