Top class for fast island expeditions?

Oliks

Check it!
Recently got back into wow and im looking into making a 110 twink for farming IE.
Was wondering if there is a clear winner when it comes to running these things real fast.
Thank you :)

Thank you both.
Does anyone of you have an armory of a well geared ret? There isnt one in the armory thread.
Also, would I gain something from factionchanging, and if so what?
Faction changing is just for gear (not very useful) and rep because you just start all the quests over again but in different zones. As for Armory, don't know of any Paladins besides maybe Zenamov and his Paladin.

Faction changing is just for gear (not very useful) and rep because you just start all the quests over again but in different zones. As for Armory, don't know of any Paladins besides maybe Zenamov and his Paladin.

Is it the same gear on either side or?

Is it the same gear on either side or?
I believe it is, I mean the azerite traits are always the same because at 110 there isn't much to choose from. The gear will have different names and looks but stat wise will be the same afaik.

Thank you both.
Does anyone of you have an armory of a well geared ret? There isnt one in the armory thread.
Also, would I gain something from factionchanging, and if so what?

This is my ret:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/hyjal/widerich

I don't do IE in ret though, dies too easily. I do it in prot and i use the prot pant leggo for more shields and 20% damage boost.
(When I say dies too easily...we were pulling the whole island lol....but seriosuly prot AoE is no joke....I can down like 30 mobs way faster than ret can.)

EDIT: stats are posted wrong. I actually have like 68% mastery with that in ret....plan is to go for the tier cloak and use with gloves and go for better pants :)

This is my ret:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/hyjal/widerich

I don't do IE in ret though, dies too easily.
I noticed you don't have Vampiric Seed on your traits. Someone on here mentioned Vampiric Seed for healing and jesus man. You could mass pull, AoE everything down and heal back to full thanks to that. It's an amazing trait for IE and dungeons. I'm unsure about BGs as I prefer the shield trait for BGs because it's amazing since it takes 1 person (non-twink) about 5+ seconds to get rid of them while if you're being grouped up on it takes like a second or two of having multiple people attacking you to get rid of the shield before they actually get to your HP.

Friend of mine has a decent affli lock and he just runs through and tab dots every single thing really speeds through it, and he never has to re dot because of corruption talent.. I’m sure it’s not the fastest but we definitely did some pretty quick runs

Friend of mine has a decent affli lock and he just runs through and tab dots every single thing really speeds through it, and he never has to re dot because of corruption talent.. I’m sure it’s not the fastest but we definitely did some pretty quick runs
funny you bring up lock i ran a few yesterday with a 120 lock and she was keeping up dps wise, had great aoe and self heals.

I noticed you don't have Vampiric Seed on your traits. Someone on here mentioned Vampiric Seed for healing and jesus man. You could mass pull, AoE everything down and heal back to full thanks to that. It's an amazing trait for IE and dungeons. I'm unsure about BGs as I prefer the shield trait for BGs because it's amazing since it takes 1 person (non-twink) about 5+ seconds to get rid of them while if you're being grouped up on it takes like a second or two of having multiple people attacking you to get rid of the shield before they actually get to your HP.

I was pvping quite a lot early on with my 110 and i thought the heal from being stunned would be more effective. I have two BP. I should reset the 2nd one's traits to have vamp seed and use that one for IE.

As a prot pulling though, only time I have died was due to the mobs that due the 1 shot mechanics, and I have learned the volcano mobs that put the red circle = move out asap lol. There are a couple other ones that shoot me for like 50% hps, so it is just using CDs and heals and prot has way better AoE than ret.

EDIT: The trait with knockback is way better overall as there are mobs that knock you back a lot and each time I get that I heal for 6500, and I can get knocked back on some islands non-stop. The 2500 ish per mob doesn't do much when elites give the globes that heal you up anyways.

Last edited:
Ret is easy mode and does a decent job as long as you don't get disoriented (damned pirates). They have an I Win button with bubble, and I've found the divine storm +str trait from azerite gear paired with mastery buff from wings really melts stuff down if you're into pulling the entire island.

Havoc DH is still best when set up correctly. Can do 3x azerite eye beam or 2x azerite eye beam with legendary helm and get similar results.

Ret is easy mode and does a decent job as long as you don't get disoriented (damned pirates). They have an I Win button with bubble, and I've found the divine storm +str trait from azerite gear paired with mastery buff from wings really melts stuff down if you're into pulling the entire island.

Havoc DH is still best when set up correctly. Can do 3x azerite eye beam or 2x azerite eye beam with legendary helm and get similar results.
I found with Ret the problem was when pulling the island mobs that:
- dismount me while I am collecting said mobs (this was probably before I finished getting 2/3 of my 300 gear which both have shields which makes it so i am never dismounted, ever as ret)
- mobs that stun, disorient or use ranged magic attacks that hit like a truck - hard to heal through that if I have too many mobs whacking me, I just die. (though I haven't tried this at my current ilvl...)
- Ret AoE just sucks. Getting stacks for divine storm takes time and with the mobs that do the above...I'm meh on it.
- Why not just do prot? With leggo pants you can shield 5 mobs at a time and judgement is used 50% of the time, concen you take 15% less damage and you have a better heal/mitigation.

I guess I will try ret again and see with much better gear if that makes a bigger difference. There is a leggo that increases DS damage, isn't there? I have all the pally leggos for ret/prot so I will play around a bit.

DH is just nuts IMO. I am tempted to do one...maybe after my pally has all his gear finalized. I find I don't have a of time in the week to play and do the raids I want on my 110, pvp, IE, and hunt tmog.

Balance is also nuts. Walrus can attest to that...dude just melts shit.

DH eye beam build has the highest aoe burst dps on big packs since u pretty much have no cd on ur eye beam and ur just spamming it 24/7

I found with Ret the problem was when pulling the island mobs that:
- dismount me while I am collecting said mobs (this was probably before I finished getting 2/3 of my 300 gear which both have shields which makes it so i am never dismounted, ever as ret)
- mobs that stun, disorient or use ranged magic attacks that hit like a truck - hard to heal through that if I have too many mobs whacking me, I just die. (though I haven't tried this at my current ilvl...)
- Ret AoE just sucks. Getting stacks for divine storm takes time and with the mobs that do the above...I'm meh on it.
- Why not just do prot? With leggo pants you can shield 5 mobs at a time and judgement is used 50% of the time, concen you take 15% less damage and you have a better heal/mitigation.

I have shields so I don't have issues with dismounts, and the only CC that gives me any issues is disorients. My holy power generation only slows a bit after the 3rd or 4th divine storm and first wake of ashes, but most of the trash is dead and I'm just circling the rest of the elites to avoid ground aoe/cone attacks. I burn stuff faster as ret but don't let that stop you from enjoying prot!

I have shields so I don't have issues with dismounts, and the only CC that gives me any issues is disorients. My holy power generation only slows a bit after the 3rd or 4th divine storm and first wake of ashes, but most of the trash is dead and I'm just circling the rest of the elites to avoid ground aoe/cone attacks. I burn stuff faster as ret but don't let that stop you from enjoying prot!

So doing massive amounts of IE this weekend, I got bored in prot and decided to give Ret a go.

You are right man, it is like god mode. My DPS was about 2x what it is in prot. I can only imagine when I get to be 260+ how much more it will go like that.

Trick is not to pull a ton of the magic hit mobs so the armor can tank the physical ones. This week has a lot of physical damage mobs that can be rounded up....good fun :)

So doing massive amounts of IE this weekend, I got bored in prot and decided to give Ret a go.

You are right man, it is like god mode. My DPS was about 2x what it is in prot. I can only imagine when I get to be 260+ how much more it will go like that.

Trick is not to pull a ton of the magic hit mobs so the armor can tank the physical ones. This week has a lot of physical damage mobs that can be rounded up....good fun :)
if you can, run into a cave or a hut. it will bring the ranged/caster mobs to you since they need a direct line of sight to cast. its usually 4 or 5 pulls for me to be around the 5k azerite mark then im looking for a portal.

Users who are viewing this thread