EU+US too annoyed to think of a cool title

Iild

big pwner never small pwn
The Beginnings

I first started twinking back in early BC? (maybe late vanilla idk, bc prepatch? fuck knows) but anyway I got introduced to twinks the same way most people did back then, queueing a BG mid 10s and getting 1shot repeatedly, being inspired to make a toon that powerful, thinking it's class imbalance but then whispering alliance ones asking what the deal is. Not getting a reply because of egos, inspecting them then clocking what it is.
Then you make your toon and start 'gearing' it without researching, no exp lock back then so by the time you work out what bis lists are you're way past the exp 'cap' and can never achieve bis yourself, so it's time for new toon.​

Battlegroup Forums
After a while you'd be referred/stumble upon the Battlegroup Forums on the WoW website, you'll soon realise within minutes how toxic and disgusting they are, you'd click on a 'twink' thread (usually 1 thread per bracket where everyone relevant talks) and i'm not exaggerating when I say you'd refresh the page every 5-10mins to see if it got locked by mods yet.

That's why if you somehow find old snapshots of the old forums you'd see '16th Magnificent 10-19 Thread' or something along them lines, it wasn't due to reaching post cap, it'd be locked 9/10 times within 3 days.

The level of toxicity has never been seen in twinking since those days, these pictures kind of show this (clicking on any thread brings up an error on a web archive)

example1.png

example 2.png

Not the best examples but this is just a snapshot from a random day on the battlegroup I was part of (I was mainly playing my warrior Anur back then)

Toxicity ingame
I was on a small realm on one of the most active battlegroups so I was kind of a dark horse in the bracket, known for being a 'top' player but not on a main twink realm in the bracket so no real guild ties, yes I had undergeared toons in the big guilds but no bis as I was self funding and tagging along to boosts and such, I experienced toxicity in those guilds to the point where me and a friend were getting flamed by our own guild (cant remember the reason, stv fishing tourney struggles rings a bell) and my friend whispered me telling me he wanted to leave the guild but I was adamant i'm staying if not to prove my worth than to just prove a point that it wasn't getting to me.

I could list the level of toxicity in BG chat but new legion twinks are taking care of reminding you of that, although you could say it was more personal in battlegroups because everyone knew everyone.

Separation of XPon and XPoff

Back in WotLK came the patch everybody was unsure about, the rumour mill spun for quite a while before it landed, with everyone unsure what was going to happen, we heard exp was going to be gained in BGs, and for a while that was all we knew, nobody knew about the exp eliminating NPCs for roughly 2-3 weeks so we were all wondering what we're gonna do. Then we heard about the exp eliminating NPCs and everyone got excited for finishing BiS and farming new sets we couldnt have done without levelling, everyone was happy.

Then the patch dropped, we were horrified to find out there was a separation of the bracket, twinks in one bg and levellers in a separate one. A few optimistic people thought 'yeah great we're gonna be all twinks and it'll be like a premade but without communication, we'll be fine'

But for someone who was stuck on a battlegroup with minimal twink population (everyone hopped around through free realm transfers >lol who remembers them< and they were currently off on another battlegroup) we knew what was going to happen, and it did. You either needed to all transfer to a battlegroup everyone on pwndepot had agreed on going to, or reroll and hope your connections could fund you.

Unfortunately back then I was too young to afford a transfer without outside help, and I didn't bother to ask for help (my interest in twinks was falling by then as everyone had jumped ship to another battlegroup 1-2 months prior) and I was enjoying the wotlk endgame hype still.

Although I wish I stayed for it because it seemed enjoyable from playing wotlk 19 private servers.​

Wargames
Here's where I can hardly provide enough information as this is where I sat back and decided it wasnt worth the effort, after my experience anyway.

In early cata I was dissatisfied with the class and game changes as were a lot of players, I knew 19s were dead as hell on EU (did we still have battlegroups then idk, that might've been why)
but what caught my attention was Wargames, I saw the potential there, as did plenty others. You could set up guild vs guilds without having to spend ages trying to both get the pop at same time and having to use external communications to coordinate it, one click and you're queued.

So I trawled through forums and the luckiest thing I stumbled across was a revival of the 20-29 EU scene right on my actual realm I had mained for the last 5 years, I jumped at it.
It took us 5-6 weeks to get our first pop after pushing for activity and realm transfers, we had the biggest names in 29s from back then at their peak.
I can say with no shadow of a doubt they were the first wargames 29 had seen, possibly even the first guild vs guild EU had seen.
I'd count that as my first taste of competitive twinking in the sense that tbc/wotlk was way too slow to be called competitive in comparison to Cata.

We had those guild vs guild wargames and I thoroughly enjoyed it, even the amount of toxicity it caused in voice comms and guild chat if someone messed up.

Guess how many quit due to it? 0.

Do you know why nobody quit?
If they quit, they effectively ended their twinks.
You could log on them sure, but good luck getting games when random queues are dead.

Wargaming back then was short lived as it was too hard to coordinate setting up games due to lack of player pool (everyone was still under the impression twinking was dead since exp lock, on my battlegroup anyway. I'm sure only the battlegroup everyone migrated to was active) and so we enjoyed about 2-3months of playing wargames one day a week for 3-4 hours.

I quit the whole game when Mop was released, dabbled in wod a bit then came back in Legion to actually playing more than an hour a day.​

So what's the point of this thread?

The point of this thread is to explain my experiences with toxicity, and why on a personal level I believe I know why we're at this situation.

We're at this situation not due to toxicity which a lot of people are way to quick to point at, we're effectively back to TBC/WotLK where the knowledge of twinks being back with levellers has led to a lot of new players making twinks without any knowledge of the bracket, most new twinks probably never knew twinking never died, probably never knew what we had to do to keep it alive, they just make fotms and GY camp with speed pots, no passion for the community.

They don't want competitive games, they probably don't know it exists and would scoff at the idea.

You all say we're driving them out of the competitive scene, but I watch every single stream of plebmades and it's the same names every time (not out of exclusion of new twinks, it can sometimes take 2 hours to fill slots), they just have no knowledge/desire to have competitive games.

So don't go around blaming toxicity for TC dying, the option for pugs with levellers killed TC.
Wargames were introduced to the bracket to save it when we had no other option to play.
Yes pugs existed, not consistently for a long time and definitely not in every bracket.

Another factor to TC dying is due to the lackluster gameplay and customization legion offers, not to mention the pruning of abilities to the point where mid fights could easily be replaced with a training dummy and it'd look the same.
This caused a lot of people to either quit/reduce activity at 19s or just quit the game completely, reducing the pool of old twinks knowing the importance/value of wargames.​

The Solution?
Do I have a foolproof solution? no.
Do I have an idea? no.

The only solution I can give to old members is, give more respect in plebmades if and when they happen, don't AFK games if someone's being toxic. Man up, mute the person, get swapped to other team, ask for them to get swapped to the other team and carry the duck on, it's a competitive environment what do you expect to happen?

Remind yourself in Plebs that this is the best thing that's currently happening in the bracket, the alternative is queueing pugs and getting farmed by a 5 man FOTM comp with full buffs/consumables/gliders, or queueing into a 5man from your faction doing the same.​

New Users - Look Here

If you're looking to join the competitive scene but are put off by the way it is right now (idk why)
Build your guild, form it with people you like and connect with. That way you can't complain about toxicity in the bracket. It'd be on you and your guild.

After you formed your roster, head over to https://xpoff.com/threads/the-nineteen-wargaming-scene-activity-and-growth.73630/

Give Dan or Buns a PM, i'm sure they'll be happy to help, connect with other new guilds and premade them in a friendly environment.

There's literally no reason to not do this, 0 'toxicity', 0 pressure, learning the battleground in a semi-competitive scene.

Do this for a while and you can easily compete in Twink Cups without 'embarassing' yourself.

I say embarass yourself because that's the word the lovely Conq said about new users not joining Twink Cup.

Players dont go from no knowledge of the bracket straight to TC team... there are a few layers of play in between... those layers are where toxicity effect the players the most... Ive ran the guild <Legends of Warsong> on Terokkar for like 5 years and i can tell you there is a HUGE turn around due to toxic environment. To say its not an issue effecting the population is asinine. Ive personally helped gear over 500 19s and ive heard back from a decent portion that the attitude they came across in the bracket wasnt for them... the toxic level in the bracket isnt a formed opinion of my own, its something ive seen first hand, and heard about second hand while losing members. Sure we can tell people if they cant handle the heat dont step into the fire but where do we draw the line? Now if a twink has been around long enough to know about and be a part of the real ID scene a bit of heat on their game play is more acceptable, i would say where the issue on the matter is during random queues, a lot of people need to lighten up, cuz thats where we are missing out on growing the bracket. The people we are missing out on arnt the ones sticking around to talk about it so of course you wouldnt of heard feed back about the negative influence its having... Toxicity isnt killing the current active members, the lack of activity is, and the lack of activity is due to the lack of new faces while old ones fade out. I'm not here saying that people are in the wrong im just saying we are on a big decline and need to consider what adjustments need to be made to help secure the future of 19s.

Players dont go from no knowledge of the bracket straight to TC team... there are a few layers of play in between... those layers are where toxicity effect the players the most... Ive ran the guild <Legends of Warsong> on Terokkar for like 5 years and i can tell you there is a HUGE turn around due to toxic environment. To say its not an issue effecting the population is asinine. Ive personally helped gear over 500 19s and ive heard back from a decent portion that the attitude they came across in the bracket wasnt for them... the toxic level in the bracket isnt a formed opinion of my own, its something ive seen first hand, and heard about second hand while losing members. Sure we can tell people if they cant handle the heat dont step into the fire but where do we draw the line? Now if a twink has been around long enough to know about and be a part of the real ID scene a bit of heat on their game play is more acceptable, i would say where the issue on the matter is during random queues, a lot of people need to lighten up, cuz thats where we are missing out on growing the bracket. The people we are missing out on arnt the ones sticking around to talk about it so of course you wouldnt of heard feed back about the negative influence its having... Toxicity isnt killing the current active members, the lack of activity is, and the lack of activity is due to the lack of new faces while old ones fade out. I'm not here saying that people are in the wrong im just saying we are on a big decline and need to consider what adjustments need to be made to help secure the future of 19s.

The real problem here is your guild name, with names like that how can we expect the 19 community to continue?

the toxic level in the bracket isnt a formed opinion of my own, its something ive seen first hand, and heard about second hand while losing members. Sure we can tell people if they cant handle the heat dont step into the fire but where do we draw the line?

I guess this is a case of difference in region, the only conclusion I can draw is in EU we're used to more toxicity. Whereas in NA you're all carebeared into safe spaces.

I also guess this is why EU came to NA servers and conquered, we take toxicity and turn it into an incentive to improve, you safe space liberal NA trash see it as a deterrent.

That's just all i'm getting from these responses, no toxicity intended. (dont wanna make you all leave)

Bro you got like a tl;dr
Your posting a lot now and I'm interested in what you have to say

I personally left off a TL;DR of this because I feel if you're passionate about the bracket you'd be patient enough to read it all, or at least the titles that appeal to you.

It's a mentality of TL;DRs that's breaking the community in the sense that everyone only wants a quick fix (that only benefits them) and pointing fingers instead of looking at the whole picture and coming up with and supporting a solution.

What I don't understand is how hardships of a small degree, such as toxic behavior from BG's, can put off people from doing something they might find enjoyable otherwise. I can't even imagine what it's like if you walk through life with that kind of "quitting" mentality, which it essentially is. We're not talking about designated cyber-bullying here. We're talking about people getting yelled at in the heat of a moment for whatever reason, or encountering random loudmouths.

What I just find hilarious is that toxicity is not only within the seasoned twinks, but newcomers has the tendancy as well. Whether that toxicity is something they picked up from other games/communities is irrelevant. The fact is it's there. So the whole thing about new players being put off because of toxic behavior is quite amusing, seeing that some of the new faces resort to the same. Hell, even levelers, lol. Some people might be put off due to toxic behavior, sure, I'm not denying that such individuals exist. I just feel like they would quit as soon as they faced another obstacle as well. Whether it being losing a lot, getting GY farmed or fuck knows. Thing is, quitters quit. Always will.

I hope these individuals finds a suitable game. Maybe a restricted Minecraft server, or My Little Pony Adventures. There should be some options for sure. Because I kid you not, find one game with the least amount of competitive aspect to it, and it's going to have toxic players. There is a broad variety of individuals in any populated online game. You're going to encounter toxic individuals. Please quit this utopia mindset. It's like a disease at this point.

I've been twinking on and off since tbc, most actively back in wotlk on Chamber of Aspect where I fcd few 10v10s and so on. I've recently started again and have now played few hours a day for few weeks and from that to me it seems that at least on EU side the largest problem for newcomers is lack of community and the quality of pug games. Queues are relatively fast but games are usually very one sided based on who has that one fotm premade. On the other hand from what I can tell there are next to no active guilds so you can't really join one to have your own premade like it used to be. Toxicity seems very very minor issue at least on eu side. Definitely no more toxic than it has always been or is at all lvls on pug bgs.

What I don't understand is how hardships of a small degree, such as toxic behavior from BG's, can put off people from doing something they might find enjoyable otherwise. I can't even imagine what it's like if you walk through life with that kind of "quitting" mentality, which it essentially is. We're not talking about designated cyber-bullying here. We're talking about people getting yelled at in the heat of a moment for whatever reason, or encountering random loudmouths.

What I just find hilarious is that toxicity is not only within the seasoned twinks, but newcomers has the tendancy as well. Whether that toxicity is something they picked up from other games/communities is irrelevant. The fact is it's there. So the whole thing about new players being put off because of toxic behavior is quite amusing, seeing that some of the new faces resort to the same. Hell, even levelers, lol. Some people might be put off due to toxic behavior, sure, I'm not denying that such individuals exist. I just feel like they would quit as soon as they faced another obstacle as well. Whether it being losing a lot, getting GY farmed or duck knows. Thing is, quitters quit. Always will.

I hope these individuals finds a suitable game. Maybe a restricted Minecraft server, or My Little Pony Adventures. There should be some options for sure. Because I kid you not, find one game with the least amount of competitive aspect to it, and it's going to have toxic players. There is a broad variety of individuals in any populated online game. You're going to encounter toxic individuals. Please quit this utopia mindset. It's like a disease at this point.
Hi I'm lil. I'm well know in the 20 bracket. I've mained my toon for almost 5 years now. I thrive and love close intense bgs.

I decide to try out 19s because I want to be apart of this year's TC. How can I, a nobody in 19s, get into plebs where only 20 people are allowed where majority are friends? I'll add HB on btag and offer to play every time I'm on and see them forming.

I wait for hours. I start wondering where these people are. I start wondering why the "best" form of competition in the "most" competitive bracket takes 2 fucking hours just to get 20 people.

Finally we start. I sit mid for 5 minutes waiting for HB to call a target at just the right time to land a kill. We push efc and get a cap. An enemy player rages then afks. Their whole team afks. I spent 2+ hours waiting so I can sit mid for 5 minutes.

We have 18 people still! We reform.... (30 minutes later) we get another game going. It's a close 0-0 game with 5 minutes left and we get a clutch kill on efc with stacks and go up 1-0. A person, again, rages and afks. Everyone logs off.

I spent over 3 hours of my night to play 15 minutes in wsg. I realized what was the highest form of competitiveness in the 19s bracket. I felt like I just completely wasted my night. I didn't have fun. I didn't get that "rush" I frequently get in my own bracket from close games.

I realize the 19s competitive scene isn't active enough for me. I realize the 19s pug scene isn't for me. I realize "established" members of the community are completely selfish and don't care about the community at all.

This is just my personal story. The story of an admittedly semi-toxic skilled player who gave your community a chance and was completely turned away from it by your community. These stories add up. I'm not the only one who has some variation of this story.

TL;DR: N/A. If you don't want to know my story then don't read it, I'm just a nobody.

Hi I'm lil. I'm well know in the 20 bracket. I've mained my toon for almost 5 years now. I thrive and love close intense bgs.

I decide to try out 19s because I want to be apart of this year's TC. How can I, a nobody in 19s, get into plebs where only 20 people are allowed where majority are friends? I'll add HB on btag and offer to play every time I'm on and see them forming.

I wait for hours. I start wondering where these people are. I start wondering why the "best" form of competition in the "most" competitive bracket takes 2 trucking hours just to get 20 people.

Finally we start. I sit mid for 5 minutes waiting for HB to call a target at just the right time to land a kill. We push efc and get a cap. An enemy player rages then afks. Their whole team afks. I spent 2+ hours waiting so I can sit mid for 5 minutes.

We have 18 people still! We reform.... (30 minutes later) we get another game going. It's a close 0-0 game with 5 minutes left and we get a clutch kill on efc with stacks and go up 1-0. A person, again, rages and afks. Everyone logs off.

I spent over 3 hours of my night to play 15 minutes in wsg. I realized what was the highest form of competitiveness in the 19s bracket. I felt like I just completely wasted my night. I didn't have fun. I didn't get that "rush" I frequently get in my own bracket from close games.

I realize the 19s competitive scene isn't active enough for me. I realize the 19s pug scene isn't for me. I realize "established" members of the community are completely selfish and don't care about the community at all.

This is just my personal story. The story of an admittedly semi-toxic skilled player who gave your community a chance and was completely turned away from it by your community. These stories add up. I'm not the only one who has some variation of this story.

TL;DR: N/A. If you don't want to know my story then don't read it, I'm just a nobody.

stop being toxic

I wait for hours. I start wondering where these people are. I start wondering why the "best" form of competition in the "most" competitive bracket takes 2 trucking hours just to get 20 people.

Afk'ing games has nothing to do with toxicity though. It just has to do with retarded people. If that's what's happening on US, I feel bad for you guys.

"Plebs" are just that. PLEBS. If you join plebs to experience TC games, then you're in the wrong. It is however the closest you will get, except for setting up guild vs guild wargames. People who join plebmades should realize this, and don't afk on every misplay / loss. If teams are stupidly uneven or whatever, just swap up some players etc. Flatout leaving is for babies.

Afk'ing games has nothing to do with toxicity though. It just has to do with moronic people. If that's what's happening on US, I feel bad for you guys.

"Plebs" are just that. PLEBS. If you join plebs to experience TC games, then you're in the wrong. It is however the closest you will get, except for setting up guild vs guild wargames. People who join plebmades should realize this, and don't afk on every misplay / loss. If teams are stupidly uneven or whatever, just swap up some players etc. Flatout leaving is for babies.
I honestly think the whole "toxic" thing is stupid and was only started as a way for conq to ban people that were rude. People afking games isn't toxic. People calling someone out for making a bad play isn't toxic. Being toxic isn't what's wrong with this bracket. What's wrong with this bracket is that very few people seem to give a crap about this bracket and only like 5 "important" people seem to be willing to try and help fix it.

I didn't expect TC competitiveness from plebs but I did expect a high tier that I could use to learn. I didn't know anyone so being invited to an established guild wasn't happening (didn't really matter since GvG hasn't been happening for awhile it seems).

Plebs are a great way to involve the people who ARE competitive. It can get those people who are on the fence about 5 man pugging or trying out premades. Who cares about how crappy pugs are if you only wanna play in the TC and you can have 2-3 SUCCESSFUL plebs a night?

I'd like to point out no1 afkd during the plebs due to someone yelling at them. No1 afkd during the time when we have the highest amount of "new" people and were getting gy farmed in a 9v10. The quitters were the people raging in voice. They were the people insulting people. The few new people trying it out gave it a chance but old people didn't feel like giving it a chance.

I honestly think the whole "toxic" thing is stupid and was only started as a way for conq to ban people that were rude. People afking games isn't toxic. People calling someone out for making a bad play isn't toxic. Being toxic isn't what's wrong with this bracket. What's wrong with this bracket is that very few people seem to give a crap about this bracket and only like 5 "important" people seem to be willing to try and help fix it.

I didn't expect TC competitiveness from plebs but I did expect a high tier that I could use to learn. I didn't know anyone so being invited to an established guild wasn't happening (didn't really matter since GvG hasn't been happening for awhile it seems).

Plebs are a great way to involve the people who ARE competitive. It can get those people who are on the fence about 5 man pugging or trying out premades. Who cares about how crappy pugs are if you only wanna play in the TC and you can have 2-3 SUCCESSFUL plebs a night?

I'd like to point out no1 afkd during the plebs due to someone yelling at them. No1 afkd during the time when we have the highest amount of "new" people and were getting gy farmed in a 9v10. The quitters were the people raging in voice. They were the people insulting people. The few new people trying it out gave it a chance but old people didn't feel like giving it a chance.

Should just start excluding the leavers until they start behaving. If they do wanna play, they'll come around, because that's what would be required of them in order to participate. Rather just get those who are going to fill in case someone leaves from the very get-go. That way you wouldn't waste as much time.

It's okay guys after arguing with conq for a total of 5-6 hours in the last 2 days i've already drawn my conclusion of who's to blame for no TC this year.

It's not old twinks not joining in, it's not toxic players.

Conq thinks it's me.

The reason he thinks its me? because im a toxic user on the forums who singlehandedly shut down every guilds attempts by being toxic in plebmades that I never joined, yeah I drove off guilds i've never seen, heard of or talked to.

That's it, it's me. Blame me for being toxic to people i've never came across in my life.

its me2.png

its me.png

I'm sorry for my behaviour in every plebmade i've been part of on US servers.

All 0 of them.

But in reality the person who failed the new guilds is Conq

I'll tell you the reason why.

Yes Conq was doing a good job making new guilds feel welcome, encouraging them to start playing and eventually form a team for Twink Cup, sounds good right?

Wrong, he had direct contact with them so would've known how casual they are, he would've known how disorganised and how full of confusion setting up plebs would be, yet he pushed them towards that, why?

Our wonderful Conq didn't have the brainpower to work out how plebs wouldn't suit their guild leaders as experience, couldn't comprehend that setting up new guild vs new guild premades would've benefitted them 100x more, they'd field rostered teams with only inside toxicity which isn't the communities problem, they would've got experience in a competitive scene.

Instead he threw them into 10 players thrown together vs 10 players thrown together and knowing the reputation and past of plebmades, knowing it takes hours to set up and minutes to fall apart.

He wanted to show off how we play as a community in the worst setting and then blamed that setting as the reason Twink Cup didn't happen.

its me3.png

Yes plebmades were the best we could offer at that time, but why did it take several months of Twink Cup to be announced before someone decided to make a thread about Guild vs Guilds? and why was it left up to someone who wasnt even part of setting up Twink Cup?

I told you yesterday Conq, if you really wanted to push these guilds through you would've been the one to set up that thread and guild vs guild events, having days where they face off new guild vs new guild.

Instead you wanted a quick easy solution and pushed them towards the most toxic place in plebmades so you could carry on with your Overwatch projects because you have no passion for this community but are still willing to point fingers and place heat on the people you don't like.

Evidence of you losing your passion contributing to the downfall of Twink Cup

No trailer for 2017 Twink Cup
No thread on official WoW forums advertising it
No setting up events in the brackets to build Twink Cup hype.

Don't blame toxicity in plebmades, there's no way to avoid toxicity in plebmades.
If you don't like toxicity in plebmades, create different events where you can field rostered teams vs rostered teams as practice.

It's on you Conq, not us.

Go back to Overwatch and stay there, you lost your 'passion' (passion meaning no money in 19s) so you jumped ship to the newest hyped game to make some $$$.

tl;dr lild is gay

worthless thread, worthless ppl xd

get a life losers

Users who are viewing this thread