Tony's Law Patched....?

Guxten

Veteran
Hey all, I was going to make a spreadsheet for Tony's Law based on Level and Ilvl deficits, but I have run into this after some testing:

These trials were done in duels, the character with the highest Level/Ilvl did the attacking.

Level 1 Shaman Ilvl 15.18 vs. Level 1 Paladin Ilvl 0

Lightning Bolt
Hit attempts: 25
Hit successes: 25
Hit Percentage: 100%

(I also double checked this with the paladin in heirlooms to make sure that this wasn't just because he was naked or something.)

Level 3 Rogue Ilvl 9.62 vs. Level 1 Paladin Ilvl 0

Auto Attack
Hit attempts: 100
Hit successes: 81
Hit Percentage: 81%

The hit percentage is not 100%, but when Tony's Law kicks in hit percentage is much much lower than 81%. This 19% miss rate appears to just be natural misses. (I tested with heirlooms here also.)

Level 7 Priest Ilvl 9.62 vs. Level 1 Paladin Ilvl 0

Smite
Hit attempts: 25
Hit successes: 25
Hit Percentage: 100%

In short, I couldn't get Tony's Law to kick in for the life of me. Has anyone seen evidence since level squish that it is still around? From what I'm seeing it's looking patched.

Tony’s law was a thing in PTR and prepatch post squish, when 20s got dropped down to 10 and started to experience it for the first time.

since 99% of 20s who got squished leveled back up, I’m not sure who’s really testing anymore.

maybe @ohti

Tony’s law was a thing in PTR and prepatch post squish, when 20s got dropped down to 10 and started to experience it for the first time.

since 99% of 20s who got squished leveled back up, I’m not sure who’s really testing anymore.

maybe @ohti
Doesn't seem to effect 10s anymore, thankfully. Can't speak for any other level.

I know that during the SL prepatch and ptr on my 10. As a caster I could hit maybe 1/15 attacks

Just did a little casual testing and I can't see Tony anywhere.
Tried level 7v7, level 5v5, and level 1v1 - equal levels in case that had an effect.
All three cases they had pretty evenly matched gear at first and none had major problems hitting.
When I took one toon's gear off (gear still in bags) they seemed to have more trouble hitting and less trouble being hit.
Level 7 vs Level 7 were both casters, after the mage took his gear off it was harder for him to hit and priest clobbered him fast.
Which is what one would hope for.
But it's been the opposite for ages, and sure wasn't that way when pre-patch dropped.
Given my tests were subjective and I have no mathematical data to share, take this with a grain of salt?
In particular the level 1s weren't as clear as the 5s or 7s - they had less gear to remove and both could still hit a bit.
So it's possible with the squish it only affects those under level 5 - which might make some sense, under level 10 pre SL.
Someone out there with better knowledge of 1s could maybe do a more thorough test to confirm one way or another?
But in general it sure seems like Tony's Law may be taking SL off.
Would definitely make duels for lower levels more fun, here's hoping my small test sample isn't playing tricks.

Well last night while leveling cooking in DMF on my level 1 warlock, I decided to go see Death Metal Knight. He was level 3 to me, which was unusual, normally he's a skull. I attacked him since one other high level was also fighting him and surprisingly I was doing a good bit of damage. I would wager to say a level one tank could solo him. This of course is a strictly PvE experience but does prove that Blizz has changed something in regards to low level combat.
[doublepost=1610239468,1610233439][/doublepost]
upload_2021-1-9_19-44-15.png

Well last night while leveling cooking in DMF on my level 1 warlock, I decided to go see Death Metal Knight. He was level 3 to me, which was unusual, normally he's a skull. I attacked him since one other high level was also fighting him and surprisingly I was doing a good bit of damage. I would wager to say a level one tank could solo him. This of course is a strictly PvE experience but does prove that Blizz has changed something in regards to low level combat.
[doublepost=1610239468,1610233439][/doublepost]View attachment 17972
Me and a friend of mine 2 manned him, I was on a lvl 1 and my friend was on his 5

Users who are viewing this thread