EU+US To the WSG Lovers in the 10-19 Bracket

Pooh

Legend
This coming patch, WSG is having a new feature added to the graveyard. It is new walls that have a LoS barrier around it. However not from behind. In my opinion I think that this addition will help because it helps fighting against GY farmers and as well as hiding from enemy players getting chased through the GY too.

NOTE: this has been seen in the ptr and not mentioned in the forums, so this change may not be final

Horde Graveyard
otl9paE.jpg

OsSxrOS.jpg

L2U2Ts9.jpg

Alliance Graveyard
xgXLXcF.jpg

01vysBH.jpg

tF07gWQ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
more importantly can i jump up the fence from GY to above?

It looks possible as horde with disengage/demon leap, but not sure about alliance without better angle views. Then again, we'll have to wait and see if we can even land on them at all or if they're true LOS/invis wills ect.

edit: Also looks possible with 160%+ speed Horde side

This is definitely real? Looks like the sort of thing that would float around on April 1.

This is definitely real? Looks like the sort of thing that would float around on April 1.
Images took from the 6.2 patch on PTR :) also, I suck at photoshop... And I've search for similar resources and nothing was found.... At least on my end

Would be damn cool! This might get used for turtling tho, especially if you can move around the fences to the side that has front towards the gulch, but still stay on the geaveyard rock.

Also isn't the ally walls the same kind that is at ramp entrance, which afaik doesn't provide LoS?

Would be damn cool! This might get used for turtling tho, especially if you can move around the fences to the side that has front towards the gulch, but still stay on the geaveyard rock.

Also isn't the ally walls the same kind that is at ramp entrance, which afaik doesn't provide LoS?

This will most definitely be abused as a turtling mechanic. Good question about Alli ramp though, maybe this will prompt pure line of sight to everything, even the mid logs? :O

This will most definitely be abused as a turtling mechanic. Good question about Alli ramp though, maybe this will prompt pure line of sight to everything, even the mid logs? :O
Would make sense, having a hard time seing physic explaining how hunters can shoot arrows through solid logs :p

This is actually a good move by blizzard, for once.

now pls nerf ferals

I just can't see how this would affect anything :( I guess it'd be to protect people from excessive GY farming, but you can already easily avoid that on any toon. The ones that get farmed for 30 deaths now will still be running into the whole enemy team like a headless chicken time after time, walls on the GY or not.

Or is it a way to inspire players to make up new strats etc? I don't fucking know lol

I just can't see how this would affect anything :( I guess it'd be to protect people from excessive GY farming, but you can already easily avoid that on any toon. The ones that get farmed for 30 deaths now will still be running into the whole enemy team like a headless chicken time after time, walls on the GY or not.

Or is it a way to inspire players to make up new strats etc? I don't fucking know lol
It will be easier to fight off being GY camped tbh. Not every class can get away from getting camped by hunters, BM's, etc. Now you can atleast LoS till out of combat, mount up, heal yourself full and what not

It will be easier to fight off being GY camped tbh. Not every class can get away from getting camped by hunters, BM's, etc. Now you can atleast LoS till out of combat, mount up, heal yourself full and what not

You can always corpserun though, or just not ress if the situation is that bad. Gotta admit that I thought this was in 20-29 section writing my earlier post, and 20-29 players are on average so shit that you can leave the bg with ease anytime you want. Not the same for 19 obviously so my bad.

My point anyways was, that unless it's a premade, the outcome will probably 99% of times be the same if there were walls or not. Some turds would keep running into enemy team bravely, dying every time but never giving up. Then there's gonna be a few people QQing in bgchat and not ressing, and a couple guys who just stealth around the map being useless or trying to solo the EFC / solo carry the flag with futile efforts. There's a big chance the team wouldn't really leave the GY again that game, due to the fact that they got overpowered so hard by the enemy team in the first place.

If however it's a premade team, or just a strong team with good co-operation, and have a comp strong enough to stand against the enemy team, they would eventually break free from the GY whether there were walls or not.

I guess the walls could make a small difference, but IMO it would be pretty damn marginal. Just my thoughts about it though, and since I've only ever played EU, my view on the bracket might be biased since I don't know exactly how bgs are on US. I guess we'll see when/if it comes out if it actually makes a difference in the outcome of games...

Oh yeah and obviously if they make it so you can execute some OP jumps to and from top of the wall, it could be really gamebreaking and change wsg meta quite a bit, but I honestly think they're gonna make it more or less unclimbable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread