Tips to gear a 70 Frost/Unholy DK?

Teal

Legend
I have a 70 DK with decent gear, JC, gems and enchants but I have feeling i'm doing it wrong... I asked my guildies for tips and some said to gem all strength and some crit, others say to gem stam. So i'm not sure what to gem/enchant, even what spec I should be. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my armory link: Qq @ Dentarg - Community - World of Warcraft
Keep in mind i'm not done gearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see most Frost / Uh Dks gem strength and crit so I suppose you are doing it right, however I imagine both of those specs are hard to play at 70, my experience facing these specs is that they are rather fragile. I know Blood wants to gem stam for higher deathstrike heals, but as frost / Uh I would prolly suggest going for all out burst. For 70 I think UH is maybe a bit better, yet harder to play, frost is very strait forward and bursty and I bet could be really nasty with good obliterate / death siphon crits.

If I was going to play a Dk at 70 and didn't just go Blood for shits and giggles, I think I would run Unholy and get my crit to a decent number before dumping the rest of my stats into strength. From there I would probably run a really bursty comp like PHDK, with a Holy Priest / UH DK / Hunter.

If you're going to be Frost, gem Haste up to either 80 or 90% then gem the rest with PvP Power and Crit. PvP Power scales better with Death Siphon. Unholy you would gem strength and some crit, seeing you have 25% strength increase last time I checked as Unholy. Also, spec into Plague Leech and Lichborne. I see you're on US, so if you have any DK questions, you can add me if you'd like. My battle tag is Anemoi#1820. I'd be glad to help you out with Frost.

Yeah, haste is best for an FDK, I guess I just imagined gearing might be different at 70 but now that I think about it, that wouldn't really matter and I bet haste stacking could get you to some crazy % pretty fast as Frost, and yes UH does get a str bonus, sidenote im curious how UH diseases / damage scales, i've never encountered one at 70, although I know one member on this site is a 2.2k UH Dk. Frost on the other hand I see often but it doesn't seem very good imo.

I normally like to run Prot Pally / Rogue / Disc in 3s, or Thug and every time I have encountered a DK, tunneling them usually works best (I main a dk at cap) and its pretty much the same. CC and force DK defensives, the second they are gone it turns into one of the squishiest classes. Also with enough pressure and disarms / stuns it makes it really hard for the DK to get siphons off and really reduces their output. Dk's are also very easy to kite so vs mage / hunter teams you will hard a hard time.

Alright thanks a lot for the help, both of you! It is true that DK's aren't showing their true power at level 70 compared to higher levels, but meh someone has to make one and I really like too so i''ll make it work somehow!

Alright thanks a lot for the help, both of you! It is true that DK's aren't showing their true power at level 70 compared to higher levels, but meh someone has to make one and I really like too so i''ll make it work somehow!

I think Dks at 90 are dogshit, I tried to main one and was stuck at 2k this season, plus there aren't a lot of them above 2.2k in 3s.

Gem for Stam and crit enchant for Stam you should have a nice amoun if crit and good up pool for survivabilty. Check out my dk link below he's not bis yet. But it's an unholy dk to look at.

If you're PvPing, gem straight crit, whilst getting as many haste/crit pieces as you can. You'll need to make sure you have 6% spellhit (best to go for hit rather than hit vs exp so you can save more gems for crit), since death siphon is a spell.

Since the gem nerfs PvP power isn't a good stat anymore. Crit just adds more damage when you burst, and you can reach a fairly decent amount if you have the right gear

Qteague @ Stormscale - Community - World of Warcraft This is likely the best gear you can get, unless you happen to have a grandfathered head enchant(has to be the +hit one)

If you're PvEing....don't. Haste will probably be your best stat for all specs in PvE due to long duration DPS. A DK is not a good class for PvE at 70 til 6.0 though.

With death siphon being removed from dks at level 70.... is it worth me rolling one at all? considering a DK at 70

Check my dk 70, if i am right i got full bis max str gear :)
str/crit gems are best (i got frozen acc about 9 months and can't regem). just go for all possible socket bonus with red/yellow gems. when you have to blue gem spot go for crit and at max of 40% GL in gearing !
i got also 2x warglave.
my dk dummy dps was 9,8k in unholy and 8,5k in frost single target
my bro crit druid troll 70 boommy does 18k :D

Users who are viewing this thread