Time to Farm The Winter Hat...

Sponsor

Achievement Hunting
So its that dreadful time of the year again....
View attachment 4990

Time to head to Elwynn Forest and kill a gazillian murlocs to get the Winter Hats!! WOOH! G R

If you guys have a better "farmable" monster, please share it to all of us! You'll make our day much easier and stress-free.

Feel free to rub your hats in our faces by showing them off via screenies! :)

I wish you all good luck, and may the odds be forever in your favour.

Attachments

• murloc.jpg
    murloc.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 193
Is WoWhead completely accurate with the mobs it drops from?

Does the Red/Green Winter Veil Hats have the same loot table? or different colors mean different mobs to farm?

Also I'm farming Gloomshroud armor in SFK at the moment, does that mean I'm also farming a Winter Veil Hat on the side?

Someone on WoWhead said that all Undead/Humanoid monsters have a small % of dropping it, and SFK is filled all with Humanoid/Undead Mobs, if it drops for me in SFK I will confirm it.

Best farming options for these hats would be appreciated, screenshots too <3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Does the Red/Green Winter Veil Hats have the same loot table? or different colors mean different mobs to farm?

Also I'm farming Gloomshroud armor in SFK at the moment, does that mean I'm also farming a Winter Veil Hat on the side?

Someone on WoWhead said that all Undead/Humanoid monsters have a small % of dropping it, and SFK is filled all with Humanoid/Undead Mobs, if it drops for me in SFK I will confirm it.

WoWhead is not completely accurate as it gathers info based on what people loot who have the wowhead addon. So if an item is dropped and the player doesnt have the addon, it isnt recorded on the database.

I think the Humanoid/Undead looting threshold is only applicable for World drops. Other than that, its only certain bosses that drop it in instances. Lucky for you, Lord Walden (or w/e the name of the final boss is) drops the green hat.

Is there a special reason to get one? As far as I know these can't be transmogged?

It makes a very cool afk outfit :) and a lot of show-off cookies.

Whats a world drop then, is that a drop made outside of an instance/dungeon?

I think its the heroic Lord Walden that drops the hat not the original one.

Yes, it would be anything outside of an instance. And darn. It appears to be so, based on the loot table. Same thing for the Red one from Admiral Ripsnarl.

These hats can be farmed easily at my secret spot where herb nodes converge. You have to slay the resident gnolls in descending order from closest to furthest in sq meters from a ten foot tall tree. It will be obvious to you. Once you finish the first kill sequence a second spawn pattern will initiate. This is when it becomes more difficult. You have to loot the first gnoll you killed, stop, wait for that corpse to despawn, then loot second kill, stop, despawn, loot next as you kill the fresh spawns who you loot in descending order... You repeat this process according to how many stacks of linen cloth you acquired during the first kill sequence. At this point a rare spawn will reveal itself (on 4-6hr cd) who will simply drop christmas hats for days. Because I cant reveal the exact location due to pressure from nameless parties, I recommend you start farming wetlands/hillsbrad/ashenvale non stop through the holidays. Good luck.

I have a neutral Pandaren on the Wandering Isle... it'd be neat if the mobs there had a chance of dropping it, as well.

Well, I certainly don't have the patience, but here's a start for anyone who's looking to try: [Click!] Looks like only the humanoids on that list will drop it, based on previous Wowhead data.

I have a neutral Pandaren on the Wandering Isle... it'd be neat if the mobs there had a chance of dropping it, as well.

Well, I certainly don't have the patience, but here's a start for anyone who's looking to try: [Click!] Looks like only the humanoids on that list will drop it, based on previous Wowhead data.

You can farm it on Ruk Ruk village like me and double :)

Good memories farming it, good luck to all and merry christmas too :) ( bit early )

Seems like the only Humanoids that have some actual database proof of dropping a Winter Hat are the Southsea Cutthroat pirates on Fray Island in the southeastern part of Northern Barrens.

Whenever I get home, this is the location I will be farming until time ends.

On another note, I just finished my last final.

Officially on holiday break as of... now. :cool:

Unless something has changed from 5 or 6 years ago, every mob in the game has a chance to drop a red or green hat. On my 19 mage I farmed the kobolds in a cave in mulgore while I farmed up copper ore. I think they are level 5 or 6 or something.....the mobs have probably changed since then, though.

Yes, it would be anything outside of an instance. And darn. It appears to be so, based on the loot table. Same thing for the Red one from Admiral Ripsnarl.

Probably on heroic. They always add the hats to the latest expac bosses loot tables.

Unless something has changed from 5 or 6 years ago, every mob in the game has a chance to drop a red or green hat. On my 19 mage I farmed the kobolds in a cave in mulgore while I farmed up copper ore. I think they are level 5 or 6 or something.....the mobs have probably changed since then, though.

Kolbolds are a humanoid type mob.

Users who are viewing this thread