Thrown vs Shoot for rogues

Just personal experience of how its better. A pally with 13hp was running away from me and *Sax? Might have been Rural or someone like that* and as he ran between the entrance heading up to roof the rogue threw there thrown as soon as i purged his bubble and killed him. So 1, thrown can be very important *say this was in a premade*, 2 you can apply poisons to them for more damage, 3 its looks sexy when u get a kill with a thrown.

bow was good for rogue 1v1s in 2.0 thats about all i can think of

I know this is irrelevant to this thread, but wasn't there a huge discussion about this shit about a week or 2 ago?

siwtz said:
It's good to mention this because there are new players coming to the bracket that need all the information they need. Most people don't know about that because they don't play a rogue as main. So It's good that he mention that. He should mention all of the basics so new players can learn.

Yeah true.

yougotcriton said:
Dammit y'all, stop making sense! I don't want to swap my bedlam gun for some dirty knives! Also as I am a goblin I take great pleasure in using my rocket barrage to achieve the same effects as a thrown weapon but with less cast time and more damage

Good idea waste your cap closer the only reason to even think about goblin in the first place because your to lazy to use a thrown or better yet do nothing when it's on CD

yougotcriton said:
Dammit y'all, stop making sense!

title-stop_making_sense.gif

there are rogues at the bottom of the ocean

augiddin said:
Good idea waste your cap closer the only reason to even think about goblin in the first place because your to lazy to use a thrown or better yet do nothing when it's on CD

I don't quite understand what part of that is associated with lazy. Greedy I can see as I am wanting more stats. But lazy?

also I always keep my caps closed. If I didn't they would be loose on my head and possibly fall off. That would be embarassing.

For those asking "why bother posting this", it's for the (as of this writing) 500 some-odd people who have viewed this thread. Well, not for all of them, just the ones for whom this question did not pose an immediate, obvious answer. There's a little thing called "experience" that some people are lacking. For instance, I've always been a tank. I''ve played all the tanking classes - Pally, Warrior, DK, Druid. Recently I discovered twinking, and that it has its own little brand of "endgame" that is quite fun to pursue. I chose rogue as my first real Twinking experiment, and I honestly did not know why Throw would be so special that a pair of gray darts > BoA ranged gear. Now I know! But the point of a forum is that others get to know too. One thing you can be sure of: if I wanted to ask this, there are many others with the same question.

shredsmog said:
One thing you can be sure of: if I wanted to ask this, there are many others with the same question.

You have a good attitude so I really don't want you to take this the wrong way. But, many people have this question, it has been asked and answered MANY times. The search function exists to prevent people from makeing redudant threads. If people make a fuckton of redudant threads then the search function becomes harder to use because the results get cluttered up. For future questions please first use the search function.

Rivfader said:
You have a good attitude so I really don't want you to take this the wrong way. But, many people have this question, it has been asked and answered MANY times. The search function exists to prevent people from makeing redudant threads. If people make a fuckton of redudant threads then the search function becomes harder to use because the results get cluttered up. For future questions please first use the search function.

Okay, I admit I should have used the search engine. I will now make up for this redundancy by sifting through all of the posts I can find on this subject and adding the best answers to this question in the body of the original post of this thread.

Rivfader said:
Your penance has beeb wisely chosen, I would suggest a sticky depending on your formatting.

I've been busy moving from Los Angeles to Washington State, hence the delayed response. Two things I'd like to ask:

1) you say you would suggest a sticky on the subject of "thrown vs shoot" depending on the formatting; are you indicating that you see value in discussing this (as opposed to the camp who suggests that the mere discussion of the topic is, in and of itself, absurd, due to the overwhelmingly obvious path to take)?

2) If "yes" to above, what kind of formatting would you like to see? As it stands, it's not sticky friendly, but if a vet of this forum feels the subject warrants a sticky, I'll be happy to make the effort.

The discussion is absurd, it has been discussed ad nauseum. Simply giving the information and the reasoning like you have already done is sufficient. It would probably be best to get it linked in the 19 player tips sticky.

Shut up riv, I'm at work and yeh so what if I'm trolling off my iPhone, it's 6.45Am I don't need to hear your shit

Love you <3 cyA tonight cunt :p

Users who are viewing this thread