Thoughts on first XPoff BG's

Zly

Grandfathered
First, i chose to remake my original(one of the first) twink for nostalgia sake, knowing that rogues are not meta now. I am in pretty close to BIS gear for today before HOA nerf and after GF'ed gear. Also minus some enchants etc.

I queued a couple times just to experience what it is like now.

First queue was fast and got into the Silvershard or whatever, pleasant surprise since i didnt even know it was available to us. Pretty fun game that had been going for a while with both sides mostly just pvping instead of capping.

Second queue, 2 hours to pop in prime time. Got WSG this time my old school favorite. We had 5 or 6 hunters, a couple priests, and a few others. Alliance team was more balanced and dominated the game. Priests and a arcane mage topped damage with hunters next. Survivability sucks, i never thought that with 3k health I would just get pretty much one shot by arcane missiles.

Takeaways, damage is fine but survivability is terrible. I am not sure how fun this expac will be if we die in seconds. Also, time to shelve the rogue in favor of FOTM class.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't word that very well. It felt like the rogue did fine on damage but I always want to be overpowered and be able to tank some damage. Some of the other classes are capable of much higher damage as is always the case. Having 3k health at 19 should give you some cushion to last more than a second or two.
At this point i feel like it would be good for the bracket going forward to tone down this extreme gear we have found. However it is very disappointing how heavy handed they have been in just destroying this gear instead of scaling it down some. So stupid to choose some chromie time and not be able to use the expansion specific gear like HOA or an actual artifact weapon. Not really going back in time at all.

Sorry I didn't word that very well. It felt like the rogue did fine on damage but I always want to be overpowered and be able to tank some damage. Some of the other classes are capable of much higher damage as is always the case. Having 3k health at 19 should give you some cushion to last more than a second or two.
At this point i feel like it would be good for the bracket going forward to tone down this extreme gear we have found. However it is very disappointing how heavy handed they have been in just destroying this gear instead of scaling it down some. So stupid to choose some chromie time and not be able to use the expansion specific gear like HOA or an actual artifact weapon. Not really going back in time at all.
our health and primary stats will be disproportional no matter our gear, whether it be this stuff or the gem sockets with primary stats but no increased stamina. Expect one shots either way I imagine.

Agreed, if the crazy amount of stamina on azerite gear can't close the gap it will most likely be uglier when it's gone. I am just discouraged, in classic we could of course 1 shot levelers but twinks could have a good 1v1 fight. I was hoping we were returning to that

My first BG was done yesterday night a 5 v 5 Shore and I must say I love getting 2-3 teamed by hunters. Hunters have always been rather on the strong side of the spectrum, though it isnt that terrible and I'll need to do more BGs to figure out an actual playstyle.

I guess I could go onto xpon bracket but I dont know that exploit if it even works , the one I knew was from Legion or something if memory serves.

Thank you for clarifying.

Users who are viewing this thread