Thought to move BoP item cross realms

Superstylin

Legend
Hey everyone,
I came across an idea to move my Talbar Mantle from my old priest to my new priest and I was wondering if it would work, or if it did not work and the gm caught on, would not result in a ban. Ill describe my plan in steps to make it simple.

Step: 1. On new priest, make ticket stating that I previously got a GM to send my BoA shoulders to my old priest because I couldn't mail it due to special characters in the name. In that ticket I will also state that there was a mistake in my last ticket, the mistake being that the GM did not send my BoA shoulders, but my Talbar Mantle instead.

2. Ask the GM to revert the change, putting the Talbar Mantle on my new priest and the BoA shoulders on my old one.

3. Mail back BoA shoulders. Profit.

So by the sounds of it, does any one with previous experience dealing with GM's have any input? Would this work or would the GM know that I never had a ticket before? Would it be bannable if the GM caught on?

Any help would be great as I would like to move my Talbar Mantle.

Thanks,
Superstylin

Yes this sounds and seems extremely bannable as you are tricking/exploiting a GM. >.> You can ask for a Senior GM and explain why you want your Talbar Mantle moved and not risk getting banned. Its all up too you in the end really...

A long time ago Mcer and I had items literally trasnfered from a over leveled twink to another... however with transmog introduced they took that away (Senior GMs) Senior GMs over rule the normal every day Game Master, however... the will and want of the Developers over rules everyone. You would have to talk to a Dev if you wanted to break/take advantage/sent anything to an alt that is an item or several items that are removed from the current game. A lot of people think and believe that since an item or a npc is removed or "deprecated " that there is no chance of summoning said item or npc back into game. This is false; as I have had completed quests from vanilla, however the npcs were still in-game and I was completely able to turn in the quest 100% without any problems (the old, opening of the gates to the TBC tabard quest).

I really wish you the best of luck in this... I leveled my original 10 twink to almost 80 and realized I made a mistake... Found a S.GM willing to transfer all items, including quest over to a fresh level 1... He told me however that using the no level req items will result in an immidiate ban and again; this was all before transmogrify was
introduced :<

edit: Additional infos.

To my knowledge, all GMs and S.GM must check previous tickets regarding the subject(s) and question(s) at hand before replying and speaking with a customer. Perhaps someone that exploits GMs regularly could reply to this however; to my knowledge and what I am aware of, you won;t catch GMs of any level off their game unless you act really basic/simple.
- Cookie

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the detailed response CIHC. I think I am just going to ask a GM straight up and see what he/she says. Maybe I might get lucky o_O

The only experience I have from tricking a Gm into giving a toon an item inappropriate of its level was back in early Cataclysm. Put really simply, I had exploited a Worgen out of the starting zone and locked his exp at level 5 (since i wanted a lvl 5 twink). I heartstoned back to GIlneas and quested to get Marshalling Point (which is BiS for lvl 5s). However, I got stuck since the quest requirement level was 11, and I had my exp locked at lvl 5.

Gms got involved, warned me for exploiting and locking my exp, then proceeded to ask me to make a list of items I wanted mailed back to my main (or character of choice), as they were going to delete my toon (and I had boas on him). I listed all my boas and threw in the Marshalling Point dagger in the middle of my list. All to be sent to my level 1 twink. It worked. Never had any such luck ever again from a GM though.

And if you are wondering what happened to my level 1 (who was called Uglytwink), I leveled it up to 19 because I was too lazy to farm for 2 agms for a new 19 rogue. /wrist

Users who are viewing this thread