This place is changing.

Greenmtnboy

Banned
This all applies to me, too.

this place is turning into Rogans old forums and if I brought that here I am sorry. Maybe it was like this before I got here. It seems like every thread has someone that is causing mayhem and starting pointless arguments (like anti hunter threads). Arguments and insults that go way beyond what was here when I started. My humor is limited to me and a couple people and everyone else thinks I’m being a dink.

Start to think about that before you post. Are you trying to be funny or show us all how good you are? Do it in a way that doesn’t make you look ah’fool. There is no reason to personally attack people over and over. As I said, I’m not innocent but this place over the past few bramble weeks has been turned into a unhealthy place and it doesn’t feel right. A short term troll? Kind of funny but good lord.

laterr

If anything, this place isn't as bad about that as it has been in the past.

The whole "twink culture" and flaming breeds competition thing, trolling for enjoyment when bored, "Best Of" threads, etc is not really new. If arguments or insults get out of hand, generally those kind of threads get closed. Sometimes not, but often.

Sorry to see you go, but later skater.

Reactions: KPI
I’m staying mate. I keep getting sucked into these arguments that I can’t ignore and it’s driving me crazy. Lately I’ve been pretty good thanks to chops but it’s hard not to freak out. I just got a thread closed thanks to not looking at the last posted date and being rude to someone that was getting crazy.

I’m glad it has gotten better over the years but this whole bramble business has got a good pile of vicious haters, even if it doesn’t apply to them.

I would hate to see 5 years ago, lol.

5 years ago was actually really nice, if I recall. I believe that was actually one of the most well regulated periods on the site, I think that's around the time Kincaide was modding.

Sela has done a lot to make this place a lot better, I think. And Chops is an awesome moderator who has done a lot of good, too.

Every site has room for improvement, and no place is perfect, but I think this place has a decent balance of regulation and structure mixed with a dash of chaos.

I was going to take you and your topic seriously. But looking at your recent replies in the "Hunters being sabotaged" thread....jesus christ the irony is unreal.

I was going to take your post thread, and you, seriously. But looking at your recent replies in the "Hunters being sabotaged" thread....jesus christ.
I know, and I am being serious. I’m getting sucked into these stupid things but most of my posts in that thread I was trying to defend someone getting attacked. That thread was toxic but besides that I’ve been pretty good.
[doublepost=1622416424,1622416354][/doublepost]
I know, and I am being serious. I’m getting sucked into these stupid things but most of my posts in that thread I was trying to defend someone getting attacked. That thread was toxic but besides that I’ve been pretty good.
And iirc only my last message was bad.

[doublepost=1622416424,1622416354][/doublepost]
And iirc only my last message was bad.
Hmmm, if so, then I apologize for generalizing. But that hunter thread in its entirety was a cesspool lmao.

I mean, if you want to judge this whole site based on one ragebait/troll thread, sure, this site is a living hell. Personally, I think the site is probably at the most stable point it's ever been. I still remember all the Site Ownership drama back then when the owners were trying to sell the site or something and at some point the domain was stolen and redirected to a new, random website, with absolutely no forums/data from the previous XPOff. It took a while to even get user profiles back.

Also, with the current meta, a lot of us stopped playing in this bracket altogether. There was a brief uptick in popularity with the release of SL, alongside a new era of discovery for tinking, but now, it's all broken garbage and it's apparent that Blizz doesn't care enough to fix it. That probably has an effect on the quality of these threads too

Also, with the current meta, a lot of us stopped playing in this bracket altogether. There was a brief uptick in popularity with the release of SL, alongside a new era of discovery for tinking, but now, it's all broken garbage and it's apparent that Blizz doesn't care enough to fix it. That probably has an effect on the quality of these threads too
To be fair, that's kind of how it's been off and on since the beginning.

Twinking is dead.
Long live twinking.

To be fair, that's kind of how it's been off and on since the beginning.

Twinking is dead.
Long live twinking.
tbh, even i started questioning myself, why did i start twinking? should have left WoW and bury that memory a long time ago.
But god damn it i keep coming back every 2-5 month and redo the exact same shit over and over again and over-burn myself the quit and on and on lmao.

tbh, even i started questioning myself, why did i start twinking? should have left WoW and bury that memory a long time ago.
But god damn it i keep coming back every 2-5 month and redo the exact same shit over and over again and over-burn myself the quit and on and on lmao.
I think we all get into that position, too.

I'm coming back (again) after the better part of the last year or two off. I got huge into classic, but couldn't figure out a class and leveled everything to like 20ish. Then I got burnt out and everyone was already doing end game raiding and PVP was about to hit, so I bailed. I went back to retail, and I felt like "Holy shit, this doesn't even look like WoW anymore." and did the pacing around in the city aimlessly for hours bored thing.

I feel like a lot of us truly love(d) this game, and hold onto aspects of nostalgia and past memories we have of the game and people in the game. Parts of our life that we miss (for better or worse) during the time we played WoW. Or maybe, our lives sucked at that time - so WoW was so sweet and an escape. But now, things are different, for whatever reason.

But hey, here I am, playing WoW again. Hoping that spark of joy and love for the game comes bursting back.

this place is turning into Rogans old forums and if I brought that here I am sorry. Maybe it was like this before I got here. It seems like every thread has someone that is causing mayhem and starting pointless arguments (like anti hunter threads). Arguments and insults that go way beyond what was here when I started. My humor is limited to me and a couple people and everyone else thinks I’m being a dink.

Start to think about that before you post. Are you trying to be funny or show us all how good you are? Do it in a way that doesn’t make you look ah’fool. There is no reason to personally attack people over and over. As I said, I’m not innocent but this place over the past few bramble weeks has been turned into a unhealthy place and it doesn’t feel right. A short term troll? Kind of funny but good lord.

laterr
dead game dead bracket, pointless threads, move on with your life

laterr
sorry but this entire thread screams narcissism lmao. firstly this 'thing' you are complaining about which even you struggle to pin point, you start blaming on yourself. as in you immediately think that this big change happening to the entire website MIGHT be single handedly because of you and what you brought to this website when hardly anyone even knows you exist

considering this is all getting to you so strongly i suggest you take your own advice from the hunter thread and 'take some prozac, lol' - you've come off more deranged than that crazy guy who thinks survival hunters, and hunters in general, are just fine

and lastly, threads like these where some lunatic goes off the deep end are as old as time itself and don't indicate change at all, in fact it's just the status quo

and one more thing fuck hunters and the losers that play them

Seems fine to me.
The wow forums are just the same three topics being discussed over and over again, at least here someone will sometimes post a guide or video. Keep in mind I had well over 70k posts and like 7 years on the wow forums and that entire time nothing changed there.

I think xpoff will be fine.

sorry but this entire thread screams narcissism lmao. firstly this 'thing' you are complaining about which even you struggle to pin point, you start blaming on yourself. as in you immediately think that this big change happening to the entire website MIGHT be single handedly because of you and what you brought to this website when hardly anyone even knows you exist

considering this is all getting to you so strongly i suggest you take your own advice from the hunter thread and 'take some prozac, lol' - you've come off more deranged than that crazy guy who thinks survival hunters, and hunters in general, are just fine

and lastly, threads like these where some lunatic goes off the deep end are as old as time itself and don't indicate change at all, in fact it's just the status quo

and one more thing fuck hunters and the losers that play them
I respect your opinion.

I've only been back perusing the site for a few months after being away for about 8 years so I have limited perspective, but back when I was running this site (or TI to be specific) it was way worse from my perspective. I think the twink community has matured a bit...and that's probably because the average age has gone up if I had my guess.

Any online community where you're taking a block of text and trying to interpret someone's intention, tone, body language, etc. is going to lead to some villainizing or misinterpretation (on top of the clear-cut conflicts that exist from time to time). Have you been on FB recently? Lol

If you'll allow me to spout some genuine, heart-felt feedback: The best thing for you to do OP, is to take the new self-awareness you have and be the person you hope to encounter on these forums. If you just devolved into douchebaggery it won't get better.

Cheers!

-Ink

laterr
It used to be just the members, then it became mods shit posting.

Users who are viewing this thread