This Month in WoW – March 2016

• Thread starter Blizzard Entertainment
  • Start date

Blizzard Entertainment

Winter is passing, and the third month of the year marches upon us. There’s much to see and do, and we have our eye on what the community's up to, too. In this March edition of This Month in WoW, we want to not only highlight some of the in-game activities for this month, but also spotlight some exciting esports and community events and creations.

Did You Know?

March 25, 2016 marks the 8th anniversary of the release of Patch 2.4, which brought the Isle of Quel’Danas, Magister’s Terrace, and Sunwell Plateau to World of Warcraft. Inside Magister’s Terrace, the ominous Kael’thas Sunstrider awaited players’ company with a memorable quote:

Don't look so smug! I know what you're thinking, but Tempest Keep was merely a setback. Did you honestly believe I would trust the future to some blind, half-night elf mongrel?

Esports Live Events

Stay on top of all the latest from GCD.tv by following them on Twitter and on Twitch.tv.

The GCD EU Pro League – Spring Tournament #4 - Learn more about the tournament here, and watch it live on Twitch.tv/GCDTV.

• Saturday, March 12 11:00 a.m. EST / 8:00 a.m. PST / 6:00 p.m. CEST
  • Sunday, March 13 11:00 a.m. EST / 8:00 a.m. PST / 6:00 p.m. CEST

The GCD EU Pro League – Spring Tournament #5

• Saturday, March 26 11:00 a.m. EST / 8:00 a.m. PST / 6:00 p.m. CEST
  • Sunday, March 27 11:00 a.m. EST / 8:00 a.m. PST / 6:00 p.m. CEST

Want to catch up on any tournament action you may have missed? Visit the GCDTV YouTube page.

In Game Events

You can keep up-to-date on all of the in-game events through the calendar on the World of Warcraft website here (log in and select Events from the drop-down menu under your character name), or simply view the in-game calendar for exact event start times for your realm.

Bonus Events:

Apexis Crystal Bonus Event — March 2-7
While this event is active, Apexis Crystal gains are multiplied. Get yourself to Tanaan Jungle and cash in on the Apexis Windfall.
Arena Skirmishes Bonus Event — March 9-14
While this event is active, Arena Skirmishes will award Honor at triple the usual rate. Will you answer the call to battle?
Timewalking Dungeon Event: Northrend — March 9-14
While this event is active, players level 71 or higher cay access a a special Timewalking Dungeon Finder queue, which scales players and their items down to revisit past dungeons from the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. While Timewalking, bosses will yield loot appropriate for a player’s regular level.

Battlegrounds Bonus Event — March 23-28
While this event is active, random Battlegrounds will award Honor at triple the usual rate. Glory awaits in the fields of Battle!

Continue reading...

Thanks for the responses, I knew it was info from blizzard but I was unsure if actual blizz staff were using this site now because off all the stuff wanting to be recognized by them as a professional site. Or whether it was just xpoff staff copy and pasting the information.

Users who are viewing this thread