Thinking of making my trial account into a vet?

Lluyd

Legend
Hi there, for the past year and a bit this toon has been my main 20 Lluyd @ Aerie Peak - Community - World of Warcraft. He has many GF'd items and gear and alot of other cool stuff. Since WoD and the addition of vets I haven't had as much fun on him as I used to and I feel like I don't play him as much as I would like to. After finally finishing the ethereum prison key grind with Chantale and Deej. I feel like I have achieved all I can on this toon. I have also seen alot of well know f2ps go vet in the past 2 months, so my question is to you, do you think I should upgrade and go vet on this toon. I look forward to reading your responses. :)

It's up to how you feel about yourself in certain situations. It's nice to have a vet set for BGs, vet-specific wargames/arenas. But if you're ever in a wargame/arena that's starter specific, it's smart to have a starter set, otherwise you might get excluded in scenarios.

But I recommend vet. Because let's be honest, sometimes we just need a little more to overcome.

Umm so the only thing I miss is not being able to be a BiS starter anymore... I still have all the gear but the rings I can't get duplicates.
And some of the things I achieved on a pure account have lost their luster... It just looks like I bought it all on the AH :( Or farmed the hks on a main... which wasn't the case.

But otherwise... I still think its very much worth it. Especially if you want to play a class/spec you normally can't on f2p.

With my account, I have definitely lost interest in some toons ever since they have been made vet. status... But at the same time, my account that remains F2P struggles to keep up with BGs the way they are now.

i would 100% recommend it, went vet on my trial account that had pretty much every vanity item / achievement obtainable - bloodthirsty, master of wsg/ab/eots, both justicar and conqueror, etc.

makes it a lot more convenient for grouping and contacting bnet friends (via the game client), and pvp is much more enjoyable with enchants - especially if you're playing underpowered specs that greatly benefit from them, e.g. affliction warlock. the ability to join guilds is also nice as it nullifies the need to use f2paddon (assuming that said trials are now your guildmates instead).

also opens up additional opportunities for achievements if you're still looking to obtain more - would have to switch over to character specific though.

a downside is that vet can be overwhelming if you have f2p alts spread across many servers, as you'll have to farm the gold needed for the bis boes & enchants. xfering the boes individually can be expensive so i would prioritize just gearing the characters that you're looking to play most - this isn't an issue if all of your characters are on the same server, or one with a high twink population, as you'll have easier access to bis gear.

if you're someone who cares about f2p "purity" then you might not want to upgrade, yet i've always found the concept ridiculous when p2p assistance is required for most of the difficult achievements.

gl on the decision, i was initially hesitant but i have no regrets - adapted to the current state of the bracket by going vet and it has paid off for me.

Just be sure and keep a starter restricted set. As you can see we are regularly having restricted "events". Someday you may want to be included in these on your main toon. Always plan ahead
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

/cheers

Users who are viewing this thread