thinking about making a 19 pally

Earthbind

Legend
Help me out bois. I've got 2 horde 60s, but I want to make a 19 blockadin. Maybe I'm retarded enough to actually do it too.

Here's what I was thinking in terms of gear and talents. For 2h swap I would have to get Glacial Stone with crusader of course. Would need to also get some more eagle gear and weapon for a heal set too later. I see a lot of people recommending +7 stam on shield and I do agree it would be nice for a heal set. Still what I really want to make is a blockadin that utilizes the amazing tier 1 talent in protection for prot for increased block chance with a shield spike. 19 twinks have a lot of crit, right? So a high crit chance from my opponent means higher uptime on my block talent and then I'm blocking which means that they are not critting. Utilizing the fact that Seal of Righteousness procs on-hit effects from shadowfang and lifestealing. Holy shit man I'm hyped just thinking about it!

Do you have thoughts about this? It would be an insane farm to get all this shit, though. Maybe I should? Maybe I shouldn't. Anyway what are your thoughts on this setup? You think pally is good?

edit: Wowhead disables constitution chants on helm/legs so you can count that I would have 200 more HP.

Not quite understanding what your end goals with the build are; to FC or play offense, support, mix of everything? The set you linked is a bit of everything really, so if you have a primary goal or role for the character then you should gear more in whatever that direction might be.

You'll find damage increases in Cobrahn's Grasp and Protector's Band, much better return on Thorium Spike with Grunt's Shield of the Blocking, etc etc. Pick a playstyle and min/max for that, then build your off-spec sets from there to swap to when you're FC'ing or playing assist.

if you have a primary goal or role for the character then you should gear more in whatever that direction might be
I think you have a point here. Honestly I was just thinking of a brawler. I guess I'm going to go back to the drawing board. Hopefully think of a horde variant.

Looks solid. Best to have gear for everything. Does SOR proc things doubly with autos? I just googled to find out but didnt get any answers.

Looks solid. Best to have gear for everything. Does SOR proc things doubly with autos? I just googled to find out but didnt get any answers.
Looking more into it I hear reports on the paladin discord that the extra damage per swing from SoR can proc permanent weapon procs (shadowfang) but not weapon enchants (lifestealing). Double the chance to proc shadowfang sounds good but like I haven't played it to really feel like how much damage it would actually be. Anyway I probably have to scrap the paladin idea due to time constraints.

SoR can definitely double proc fiery/LS
Looking more into it I hear reports on the paladin discord that the extra damage per swing from SoR can proc permanent weapon procs (shadowfang) but not weapon enchants (lifestealing). Double the chance to proc shadowfang sounds good but like I haven't played it to really feel like how much damage it would actually be. Anyway I probably have to scrap the paladin idea due to time constraints.
SoR can definitely double proc LS/Fiery

How about weapon on hits? Is it hit, SOR, proc, SOR? Or just hit, SOR, proc.

Edit to clarify: like shadowfangs on hit. Or stinging viper, nightreaver etc.

Users who are viewing this thread