EU+US [Theorycrafting] If oldschool WoW came out, what would be the best F2P gear?

The sword from SM-Quest (horde) mby. Not sure if you could get it at 20, but you could atleast enter sm.
The ring from sfk quest, also for horde. Seal of sylvanas, it had like 2/4 str and 8 sta if i remember correctly.
So id say IT would be vetter to be horde :)

some notable items

verigans fist for pally
tunic of westfall rewards
seal of wrynn(had dogshit stats until about mid vanilla )
bow of plunder avaliable at 20, has more topend than timmy's with gun ammo and timmys does more deeps than arrows/venomstrike but not 100% sure if you can get it at 19, one database says yes other no )
arctic buckler(deadskull shield wasnt avaliable at 19 in vanilla idk about 20)
gravestone scepter
11% speed ammo pouch(works with wands so gg with gravestone)
steelclasped bracers/grizzled boots/seal of sylavans
shoni's disarming tool(btw it still disarms in retail only item to disarm)
that healing lantern thingy

Last edited:
advantages of being alliance
fear ward at 20 and desperate prayer
freedom/bop/bubble thingy for paladins
blessing that can be put on everybody including pets for more deeps

stoneform is kind of irrelevant at 20 because no blind so you cant make clutch plays like at 60 and shit on rogues but still ok vs random crippling procs

advantages of being horde
none really
shamans are complete dogshit before windfury. Totems are completely useless except that stoneskin physical dmg reduction totem and the slowing totem thingy(but they are both "earth' so you can have 2 at once and no you dont get grounding) and are only 20 yard range before talents. There is a reason why blizz removed like 95% of totems. Its literally 1 paladin is equal to 2 shamans. Priest can dispel too so there is no reason to be a shaman

Last edited:
some notable items

verigans fist for pally
tunic of westfall rewards
seal of wrynn(had dogshit stats until about mid vanilla )
bow of plunder avaliable at 20, has more topend than timmy's with gun ammo and timmys does more deeps than arrows/venomstrike but not 100% sure if you can get it at 19, one database says yes other no )
arctic buckler(deadskull shield wasnt avaliable at 19 in vanilla idk about 20)
gravestone scepter
11% speed ammo pouch(works with wands so gg with gravestone)
steelclasped bracers/grizzled boots/seal of sylavans
shoni's disarming tool(btw it still disarms in retail only item to disarm)
that healing lantern thingy

Yeah, Seal of Wrynn came into it's own when The Gates of AQ opened, patch 1.9.

Shamans mechanics have changed a LOT over the last decade. I mean a LOT. Blizzard has changed the way totems work at least six times.

The only decent healer in vanilla at 19 was priest. And even they had a hard time with mana even when they Int stacked.
That's not saying other classes couldn't heal. Priests were just better at keeping the team alive.

/cheers

Last edited:
go dwarf if you want to make clutch plays because stoneform and dwarf starts with a little extra hp, 10 frost resist(there will be tons of frost mages and shamans frost shocking you so its always useful)

human if you want to watch you friends die while you sit in a blind

human has the +5 mace skill which translates into 0.2 crit and some amount of hit in instanced pvp and perception which is extremely situational

Althrough at some point in time the dwarf racial did slow you down by 70% when you activated it ...so unless you had a cancelaura macro human may have been better back then

You looking for BiS for every class or?

I'm not even sure if I know any 100% BiS, but I'll have a go at rogue.

-Lucky Fishing Hat

-Sentinel's Medallion

-Serpent Shoulders / Talbar mantle

-Sentry Cloak

-Defias Armor / Tunic of Westfall

-Forest Leather Bracers

-Scouting Gloves of the Monkey

-Deviate Scale Belt

-Leggings of the Fang / some agi pants that I forgot the name of (green I believe, maybe you can look it up somewhere, they had quite high agi as the only stat)

-Feet of the Lynx / STV fishing boots

-Meadow Ring of Eluding

-Meadow Ring of the monkey

-Arena Grand Master x2 (gave dodge instead of stam back then)

-Shadowfang x2 / SF (mh) + Assassin's blade (oh) / Cruel Barb (mh) + any of the previous alterations.

-Venom Strike / Lil' Timmy's Peashooter.

Thing is, there were numerous ways of putting together gear, but this is what I could remember without having to look up anything.

For other classes I remember stuff like

Glacial Stone (I believe it was) as the main 2-hander for strength users,
Arctic buckler as caster shield,
Twisted Chanter's Staff as caster/hunter staff,
Inferno Robes as caster robes.

Last edited:
agm gave dodge all the way until wotlk..but there is literally nothing else
thoat piercers i think or those +2 str bronze darts w/e were only in BC+ , in vanilla thrown weapons function differently and dont have any + stats but instead stack like ammo

oh and at lvl 20 rune of duty gets released too

agm gave dodge all the way until wotlk..but there is literally nothing else
thoat piercers i think or those +2 str bronze darts w/e were only in BC+ , in vanilla thrown weapons function differently and dont have any + stats but instead stack like ammo

oh and at lvl 20 rune of duty gets released too

I'm mixing things then, good to know. Do you know of the gun I mentioned then? Was that a thing too, or did I miss the mark there as well?

I'm mixing things then, good to know. Do you know of the gun I mentioned then? Was that a thing too, or did I miss the mark there as well?

yeah you had it right lol but i also mentioned it above in my 2nd post, peashooter. timmy's peashooter.

Imho venomstrike might still be better cuz of these 30 instant dmg procs...thats like...60 rAP or something like that for a rogue. Also you were thinking of 19s. The only reason i mentioned rune of duty was cuz the OP is asking for lvl 20 gear..kind of like being a f2p trial in vanilla i guess

yeah you had it right lol but i also mentioned it above in my 2nd post, peashooter. timmy's peashooter.

Imho venomstrike might still be better cuz of these 30 instant dmg procs...thats like...60 rAP or something like that for a rogue. Also you were thinking of 19s. The only reason i mentioned rune of duty was cuz the OP is asking for lvl 20 gear..kind of like being a f2p trial in vanilla i guess

Yeh I only have 19 insight because that was mainly the hot shit when I played. I was endgaming though, shitting on kids in plaguelands. I didn't twink before TBC, so my memory goes off what I inspected at the time xddd

if oldschool wow came out you would probably want to kys instead of playing f2p because missmissmissmissmissmissmissmiss

really cool info @inoobupro , never knew 90% of that stuff. And thanks for reminding me pallies weren't allowed in horde until BC, so I guess I'd 100% stick to alliance. What were human racials (passive and active) in vanilla? Can't find it on the db hashbrowns posted.

Humans had Perception which was basically on-use improved stealth detection. Was pretty nifty rogues to fuck other stealthies.

Nelf has meld, although it worked differently back then, lower cd, but not usable in combat? Something like that + whisp ghost that made you corpse-run faster.

Gnome same racial, escape artist, hasn't changed (maybe different CD's over the time, idk).

Dwarf Stoneskin, which can be okay.

Overall I just liked horde better back in the day. Undead just looked badass as hell as rogue and mage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread