The XPOFF Server

Discussion in 'Private Servers' started by Zeiren, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeiren

Zeiren Moderator

The XPOff.com team has come to the conclusion that while twinking in retail is no longer what it use to be, many of the newer players, as well as those who have enjoyed the new way of twinking in World of Warcraft are looking for something more. There is a huge amount of sentiment and hunger within the community, but the other side of that is widespread discontent. Our current mission is to unite as many servers as possible while we continue the progress behind The XPOff.com private server.

Some of us in the staff have discussed this idea and it’s a project we are eager to introduce to those that carry the same passion as we do for twinking. It is our goal to create what we believe will someday be the future of twinking, and where better to be than XPOff.com?

We are completely open to what needs to be done on the server. With hopes of striking a balance between those who want to play Blizzlike and those who enjoy progression, we are confident that we’ll be able to accomplish this while preventing those two concepts from interfering with one another.

So far we have approached a handful of parties and are in discussions with the express intent of combining forces. We have been seeking those whom not only possess experience with servers, but those that have a detailed idea of what this task could entail. As of now, there is not a lot of information to be had, although more will be arriving shortly. That being said, we are extremely confident and would love to hear back from the greater twinking community.

Staff List:

MANAGEMENT
    • Conq - Project Manager
    • Arkte - Administrative
    • Zbucket - Community
    ADMINISTRATORS
    • Selaya
    • Syrue
    • Alex
    DEVELOPERS
    • Asreal - SQL
    • Lusty - Core / Client
    • Eighteenplus - Client
    • Hamcake - Features
    • Ohq - Graphic Design
    • Mrs. RS
    GAME MASTERS
    • Zeiren (Head GM)
    • Burg
    • Sketchbag

Update 8/7/2017: Concept is public
    Update 8/7/2017: Hamcake and Asrael have joined the team
    Update 8/7/2017: Warlords of Dreanor expansion
    Update 8/8/2017: Zeiren and Zbucket have joined the team
    Update 8/9/2017: Thread Lock and Cleaned redesigned as update & Idea thread
    Update 8/9/2017: Spam, Tommay, and Thai have joined us from Chupato, hope to welcome Aos soon as well.
    Update 8/10/2017: Mrs. RS has joined the team as a developer, Sketchbag and Burg have joined as Game Masters
    Update 8/10/2017: Ohq, Alexandriya, and Poisonleaf have joined our team

*All comments not adding to or benefiting the concept behind the thread will be removed.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017 at 8:18 PM
    Thotfc, ShinyHero, Almost and 9 others like this.
  2. Roboartist

Roboartist Reclaimer

Make it so that people have to earn their gear through the official method. And not from a vendor.

Edit: that or some other method that provides some level of effort.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    Aredruidsop and Hashbrowns like this.
  3. AlisterCrow

AlisterCrow Member

Interesting title for the thread. I wonder if twinking as well as PvP in general will make a comeback in the next expansion. They certainly seem to have figured out ways to avoid the old content drought of every other expansion pve-wise. I see potential in Blizzard still. You all seem to think twinking will never come back and that you must save it. I admire the ambition of this project though. It will be interesting to see what your team can do.

kompe and Conq like this.
  4. QueenEtna

QueenEtna Member

So this is a private server? I'm interested to see how this pans out. Honestly I just hope you don't buy your gear through vendors. If everyone is the same item level from the start then it wouldn't be as interesting :p

5. Conq

Conq Prometheus

Peoples characters have to mean something, and for people to be able to choose how they want to play, for some there will be a progressive experience, others will be a more Raw-Pvp based experience, and i'm sure some will choose to do both, it is a server we can improve on and we're not sure of the exact starting point yet, there is lot of options on the table and a lot of scenarios to consider, we need to make sure we do this right.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  6. Conq

Conq Prometheus

Money is not really of concern to us for the time being. It is terribly annoying and a shame that so the history of private servers are so fragile, this is why one of our goals and reasoning's behind this whole project is that it will be attached to this website and its long history as well as its internal structure, private servers have a habit of falling apart for a variety of reasons.Those reasons are solved by what we can bring to the table for a private server, both as a website and community. We offer structure, longevity, activity, experience, resources, talent, technology, integration, and far more, we are also looking at options to some how compensate our current and future developers in ways everyone is comfortable with.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  7. Idiot

Idiot Vitor Belfort '97 hand speed

Mvp had a good idea for a private server. Obviously, things fell apart with retail being a thing for twink cup preparations. The project has since lost its buzz. Maybe a resurgence of said project would do the trick. So much money has already gone into it. It would be a shame for it to remain dead.

8. Conq

Conq Prometheus

If mvq feels he wants to join our team than there would have to be a conversation about that.

9. Trollguden

Trollguden Yey-Hough

I support this alot. I've been around for some time and I've seen most of it and I don't agree with some ppl that projects like this have been moneygrabs. I myself have donated hundreds of euros to projects and each time I see hard dedicated ppl do their best to make something happen with different results. I still have my hopes up and will continue to support these ideas if they show how serious they are. However I'm not gonna donate anything until we have some ideas on the table on how to satisfy the most ppl.

I would love to have mvq on board on this project. I'm not really sure where he stands but I've read worrying things and I hope it works out for all of us becuase he is a well respect player with many "followers" so to speak.

I hope ppl can have a open heart and give this a chance since it's a project that involves all of us as a community. If we all were on the same page we could make the most sick server ever, suitable for most of us. If you don't wanna be involved or help out (not just donating) I suggest that you stay away and let the ppl who believe in this have a go at it. No1 forces you to pay for anything, we just want the community to be united and that I'm willing to keep fighting for.

barb, Conq, Pixel and 1 other person like this.
  10. Bestworld

Bestworld MBA

WTB WoD where none-gf gear is obtainable, and gf gear has progression. Preferably PvP-oriented. I just want WoD WSG's back : '((((

MYT and Sketchbag like this.
  11. Conq

Conq Prometheus

About cata, we want as many involved as possible, if we can find a way to get on the same page with mvq without skewing the servers goals and trajectory we would have to consider that

12. Conq

Conq Prometheus

This thread is not the official thread, merely a heads up the the community and interested parties that this is happening, in a way very much unlike how it has happened before

Allybeboba likes this.
  13. Conq

Conq Prometheus

It depends if you have a toaster I suppose.

14. Powerlol

Powerlol Member

Hello @Conq

I've been playing private server since mid Cata and I think I could share my thoughts about what people really wants.
    Back in the past @Hamcake server had a lot of people and his server survived 3 years because all servers looked similar and had all (almost) the same issues and at this time (2010 +-) the most known server were 225 lvl fun server and private server scene just was "to have fun". So yeah INSTANT features & easily gear could've survived back in the past & Hamcake Land is a real proof. Later (Cataclysme released, maybe MoP) people missed the "great days" of WoW (Vanilla,TBC, WoTLK, early Cata) and Arena - Tournament had released two servers (tbc & wotlk) with great PvP Mechanics and peole enjoyed them both. With a little bit progression through Arenas/BG. So people started to want that kind of server but with PvE too. Corecraft was THE first server that hyped everyone, showing great scripts both in PvP & PvE. Although now it's a dead server which will never release you can say "Nostalrius" was the new "Corecraft" which released February 28 2015. Had great scripts both in PvP & PvE.. And had progression like back in our time. That's why Nostalrius was and will remain one of the biggest server ever. Because when you played it, it was how we felt when we all played back in the past. Although our skill & P.o.V. changed, we still want and have the need of farming to have more or better than other. Because if everyone gets the same gear for nothing, then your char wont have any value.

Now after reading this you'll probably ask "Why I'm comparing world-wide server to twink server?" but that's actually the same with twinks. We first had Hamcakeland who offered us everything for free and we all enjoyed it when it was all the same shit on every server. Everything for free.. Then A-T released with a bit progression & better scripts.. There came : NeVa 1/2/3, Cyclone, V-Quality. (all the server listed had either great pop at beginning or lasted more than 5 months or both). Now what server still stay alive ? Warmane/WoW-Circle/Sunwell/Elysium/Kronos.. all those server are "somekind of" blizzlike servers which use to go the same way as Blizzard did. All those server (although it's small or maybe almost dead) still survives because all the players who plays on it have farmed maybe months maybe years for their gear and they do not want to lose it just by swapping to a "I give all gear for free so everyone is the same" server.

I believed that @Spam @Tommay Chupato could be the Legacy server for twinks since they released their trailer and knew about it(2014). But sadly they changed their mind not long time ago into making their server a TBC one. Where none decent server has been made and no community can be found. (The most known tbc server is excalibur and has only over 2k population because TBC emulator is shit it seems and that's the most annoying to script so none does it) and so it will be difficult for them to have a healthy pop & so for me it's an already dead server tbh.

So now that i've explain that a server needs to be 100% perfect blizzlike in a way chupato has made their server (or maybe just stick on a blizzlike server like the one I mentioned above) we need to know which expansion should be the perfect one. Well I believe (Although some people wont agree) we should choose for the most active, which is WoTLK,
    otherwise it will never have a healthy population and dies easily. People says "Cata, MoP, WoD".. But look at those expansion at high lvls. None plays it (I believe the most populated Cata,MoP, WoD servers hits max 3k population. While warmane hits 10k, WoW-Circle (all their server together) 50k.
    I'm also kind of bored to play WoTLK since I started to play private server scene but that's the best kind of thing you could do to have a healthy populated server is to make it WoTLK. Where could you have your community from if it wasn't a wotlk one ? I don't think only xpoff players could make it a thing.
    Or make it Vanilla and try to gather all people from Kronos/Elysium but yeah.. if people complain about WoTLK being slow then people will more complain about vanilla..

@partygirl I don't believe either in Mvq cata servers cuz it's what I said in my post here. No progression (little bit) and that's not what people wants. It's maybe a different expansion but it will die slowly I bet even at release max 20 people and it will be mostly xpoff users. None from outside our community which will be hard to find people outside. Also I'd have enjoyed it if it was early cata but that's also impossible because we would have to download another cata version that what all cata players use.

Conq and Zioni like this.
  15. Hamcake

Hamcake Grandfathered

Would be sad to go to a generic existing server and set up there, lots of untappable private server potential in that option.

16. Conq

Conq Prometheus

Rest assured we have the skills, project management capacity and enough resources to get pretty far into this, we would prefer to merge with a server(s) if possible but we don't consider than necessary knowing what we can, and cannot bring to the table, and we are aware of what it takes to do this properly.

17. Powerlol

Powerlol Member

There is no server out here, 2-3 are in creation but I don't want to mention them because they're already dead project.. @Conq and btw don't work with V-Quality (Vanclef) either because he's a moneywhore so @Zeiren don't try to have Xpoff related to them tyvm. I know Vanclef is now working on something different for his server so

18. Conq

Conq Prometheus

Just a quick update, @Hamcake has joined our team, hope to see more folks jump on board soon, this will be amazing!

Activate likes this.
  19. Hamcake

Hamcake Grandfathered

just had to make sure toast ended up on the server

Zeiren, Holythane, Conq and 1 other person like this.
  20. Jva

Jva Member

How ppl can think that vanilla-wotlk would be a good idea is beyond me.
    Breath some reality. Majority of this community havent ever played those xpacs. The game went into a completely different direction since cata. Nobody can enjoy 2 minute 1vs1 fights after having bursty gameplay for more than what, 7 years now? With all the doubts one could have for this project, anything but cata-wod would be an instant failure!

Holythane and Zioni like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.