Crystalpall

the F2P PvEr
From EU to US...
From WSG to AB...
From Druid to Warrior...
From Trialmop to Wizkid...

Issue 1, 7th November 2013
The Trial Journal
________________________________________________________________________________________________

-----> Hunters ^ 2.3 ---------------> Paladins v .36 -----------------------> Rogues ^ 5 ----------------------------> Warlocks^ .1 ---------------------------------->
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hero's Call!
alliance-logo1.jpg
horde_symbol_by_aeonhem-d5jeu1i.jpg

Hello everyone!

Announcements:​
The official newspaper about WoW trials is finally published!
We've made this to give you some information about F2P
WoW world, about the people who play it, about the things
you can do here, but mostly for fun - Every week or two sit
down, chill out of Warsong Gulch killing spree and read the
new issue of the Trial Journal, have a laugh, enjoy the
interview, please your eyes with nice screenshots.
I hope that you will like the idea and most of all -
I hope you will have a good time reading the Trial Journal!
*Quick note, if you are having trouble viewing the right side of the article because it is cut off… use your arrow keys to move the text right and left, or scroll down and there will be a scroll bar right after the “Did You Know Section”*

By Crystal
  • The Trial Journal wants your screenshots! Send a Private Message to Crystalpall containing a screenshot of something you have achieved and you are proud - is it getting a very rare item or pet, new mount, many kills in scoreboard or a very hard achievement - it will be posted :)

• We open the contest for the Screen of the Week! Try to capture some fun moment while playing your F2P toon, be creative and we will post your screenshot under the "Screenshot of the Week" column, starting from 2nd issue of the Trial Journal

• We want your feedback! In the comments please write if you liked reading the trial Journal or not, what can be changed, what new things can be added - every opinion is priceless!

The Community Speaks!
In this section we visit various servers and ask question to F2Ps we find there - this time we have only three answers but hope to get more as the Journal gets more known.

Question: What is the thing that you want the most on your F2P?
  • Ayahuascero: Intense fighting situations, virtual relaxation and escape, a bit of drama fun.
  • Babydoll: Currently it's the cartel rep :)
  • Darkarrow: Pretty much the bloodthirsty title. I'm here just to play with these creeps.
Lookwhostalking_logo.jpg

The Interview
30k9dsg.png

Every issue we will post an interview with someone well known in the F2P bracket - The amount of people is huge so don't worry if you are not picked in first few issues!

For our first issue we have interviewed our well-known forum friend Goesid aka Dasha from Aggrammar. Enjoy!

Journal: Hello Dasha, do you have a moment for an interview for Trial Times?
Goesid: fine.
J: First tell us a little about yourself, what is your name, how old are you etc.
G: Casper, 18
J: Where are you from?
G: Sweden
J: You are not really talkative :)
G: You ask questions, I answer them, I thought that was what were doing?
J: Ok, ok :D Tell us how your journey with F2P started.
G: Some f2p talked me in to DLing the addon to abuse my p2p during a fishing contest
Generoso was his name if I'm not misstaken
J: Was shaman your first F2P character?
G: I think I had a char on it back when I created the f2p acc (during the bnet merge)
but it was gone when I opened it 4 years later but I could be misstaken but it is my first one since trials became eternal
J: Which roles do you like to fill?
G: I often play healers, I don't enjoy them more than others but I rather play healer than be without them.

Healing, DPS and FCing are all fun. Unlike most I don't like FCing on druids though.
J: You play a shaman, don't you get irritated when some FoTM class comes and kills you without any skill?
G: Rogues and hunters can be annoying due to slows 24/7 but their 15 minute of fame won't last forever.
J: Do you have anyone you follow? Some kind of Idol in trial twinking?
G: no
J: Do you have any aims concerning your character?
G: Working on getting all reputations available to exalted.
J: Cool :) we are slowly coming to an end, do you know the quick-questions game?
G: what we did at the start?
J: I say a word and you say what is it connected with for you. Closest association, what first comes to your mind
G: okey
J: Hunter?
G: arrow
J: Trial?
G: poor
J: Aggrammar?
G: awesomeness
J: Bot?
G: Dota
J: Ok, thanks for the interview. Is there anyone you want to greet?
G: no, I don't want to greet anyone.

Story
From the Shadows

Part 1

Norhaeus Leafstalker slowly walked down the main road of Durotar. The sun was shining brightly, sending heatwaves right into Norhaeus' face. He
hid his face under the yellow fishing hat and continued his walk. After he passed the main gate of Orgrimmar and entered the shadow he finally
felt the blessed cold air. He sat in the tunnel between the main gate and the city and blended into shadows waiting for the call into the warsong
gulch.

Finally it popped; breaking the streak of boredom. After getting teleported into the gulch he appeared in a room of a lumber mill. The stone floor
was warm, but not so warm as the Durotar roads. Behind him in a square spot stood a big flag of the Horde, their pride and honor. He looked up
to see a sunny day. The weather was perfect for a fight, dry air was full of pressure and waiting.
Finally the gates opened and the Horde rushed outside. Battlecries and roars punctured the air with wild fury. Norhaeus stood a little behind,
hiding in shadows. He slowly unsheated his blades patiently waiting for the prey to come.

After a few seconds he saw two enemies coming. One of them was a human in heavy armor, but his strong body showed that it's not a problem for
him to run in such armor. A few steps behind him ran a night elf wearing a pearly white robe, probably a priest. Human ran in, grabbed the flag
and ran away, leaving his elf friend behind. It was a perfect occasion. Norhaeus slipped from the shadows, using a small mace to knock down the
elf. The priestess have fallen unconcious to the ground with a silent stomp. Blood elf quickly ran after the human.

After going to the tunnel roof he saw the human hiding on horde graveyard, probably waiting for his Night Elf friend. Norhaeus swiftly jumped and
silently walked to the flag holding human. Attacked with all his power, unseen, he punctured him with a long, sharp sword. Human screeched in pain
and hit Norhaeus with a hammer. Blood elf rogue became confused, and it took him a few seconds to come back to fresh view - he saw human waving
his hands around with a yellow glow on them. Not waiting anymore Norhaeus kicked him in the throat, and when the paladin was falling he quickly
shived him with his small dagger he held in left hand. Human whispered a few words and started to run away.

Suddenly a bright glow started tomove around him, and the paladin became insanely fast. Norhaeus knew he had only one chance. He grabbed his best throwing knife, and aimed
carefully. He threw. Lightning fast blade bursted through the space between the rogue and the human, hitting the last one in the back.
Paladin started to run a lot slower, he did not know that the throwing dagger was coated with a poison paralizing muscles. Norhaeus quickly ran
after him, stealthing back to the shadows. As he approached his prey, an evil grin showed at his mouth. He stepped behind the paladin and
punctured him with his sword. Human had fallen to the ground without a chance.

Norhaeus quickly grabbed his flag to return it to the base, but something shiny took his eye. He kneeled and picked it up.
In his hand he had a black eyepatch.
180px-Blood_Elf_Art_Glenn_Rane.jpg

w8rhWLe.png

In the past people could create Death Knights on their trial accounts on italian or brazilian server Nemesis.
The bug was repaired rather quickly, but those who made their Death Knights back then can make them now on every server they want.

By Crystalpal!​

Edited By Oldspike!​

mq1.jpg

Want to join Wandering isle stayers? Check it HERE!
Check out brand-new Wandering Isle wiki! CLICK
My Pandaren stayer
F2P DK GUIDE
My F2P twink - Magtheridon EU

Ever wondered how it all started? Go to F2P History thread!

"More important than being the best is being the first" ~Rookguardian De'Bove​
aVAWVEq.png

Oldspike
"I saw the best mind of my generation run down by the drunken taxicabs of absolute reality." ~Allen Ginsberg

Bop + Oldspike F2P Arena's and PvP

[/td]

Summary:
The first issue was rather poor in content, but I still hope you had a fun time reading what we have made. Next issues will probably a lot better, after hearing your feedback. I once again remind you of necessity of sending screenshots - the more you send the better!
I hope you enjoyed this and had a good time, please write your feedback in the comment section below.

By Crystal

Last edited by a moderator:
The idea is great, but I will never read something that is put together so badly.

Design the thread so it is userfriendly, nice to read, great lookin. Like the paper does.

Edit: it is about the center text. get it out to the left man. it looks hooooooorrible.

The idea is great, but I will never read something that is put together so badly.

Design the thread so it is userfriendly, nice to read, great lookin. Like the paper does.

Edit: it is about the center text. get it out to the left man. it looks hooooooorrible.

Thanks, noted :) I really need info like that, I am new to this kind of thing.

Cool idea.

Have you thought of allowing people to have their say on who they would like to be interviewed. Maybe compile a list and interview the people with the most votes to maintain general interest.
Is this EU only? I know a lot of people here are on US. If you have time maybe you could visit some US realms as well for your Community Speaks section.

Something like this could really keep the community alive and show the honest side of f2p. I remember Duckhunt did something similer with his videos around 2 years ago called "The BiS Report". It was for the 19 bracket and was more of a summery of all the ingame updates but the intent to the community was the same. Maybe you can find something helpful to your Journal

BiS Report: The Shattering - YouTube

Hello!
I just came home so I am finally able to answer.
First of all thanks for all the feedback, already changed the text to start from the left. Solgovero's Macro corner and mini guides are good ideas and I will think about implementing them. I need some kind of US co-worker to do Community Speaks on US servers (feel free to send me a PM with your offer, it does not take long)
I am a total noob in editing text to look nice, so unless someone offers that they can help me I can't do much about it :(

This is a great idea and I hope that you have much success and enjoyment out of it!

How about...

An Opinion Section?

An argument section?

Maybe an editors note at the end?

And of course any news that happens to come out.

Was a fun read, now I expect more!!!!

what do you mean when you say opinion and argument sections?

One possibility is in Issue X, you could post an opinion poll and invite people to PM you with responses. Then in Issue X+1, you can include some of your favorite responses and/or a breakdown of how the majority of people responded. Reminds me of the "Letters to the Editor" section of many publications, or the many YouTube channels that ask viewers to leave a comment on the video responding to a question in the video.

I would love to have a New and Upcoming section where it focuses on the discoveries that players make and new events/activities that come with the new patches. Like if somebody wrote a guide to Hallow's Eve, you'd summarize what it was about, why you should do it, and provide a link to the author's thread. Or if you read the patch notes and saw that we were going to get the flying skill (we're not but...) you could do a "First Look and Possibilities" review.

I would definitely have a poll with pretty chart graphic and with the options underneath so you can pick the one you would have chose. Also a funny section including WoW jokes, funny pictures, maybe even a weekly comic type thing like Flintlocke vs. The Horde was. Also if you were to have jokes please no inside player to player jokes.

Oh! A few more things. A Soon To Be GF'd Section would be nice so everyone could be informed about what is no longer possible. Also maybe a feature or two about the player-created challenges available like the Parkour Thread or World PvP Thread.

Also, it'd be lovely if you framed it like Issue 1, 7th November 2013, Patch 5.4, so people would know what patch it is at time of writing for future readers.

Extra Work Wishes:
1 picture for every 3-4 paragraphs. I like graphics. ><
A Snazzy Cover for each issue.
Printable PDF Form (1 w/ graphics, and 1 w/o graphics) for those who hate reading on a computer screen.

Really enjoyed reading it, but maybe add some pictures change the colour text maybe looking a bit dull? Then again i do have to take into account that it is the first issue. Looking forward for the next one! Great Job;)

I would love to have a New and Upcoming section where it focuses on the discoveries that players make and new events/activities that come with the new patches. Like if somebody wrote a guide to Hallow's Eve, you'd summarize what it was about, why you should do it, and provide a link to the author's thread. Or if you read the patch notes and saw that we were going to get the flying skill (we're not but...) you could do a "First Look and Possibilities" review.
"Hot Stuff" section :)

Users who are viewing this thread