EU+US The state of level 1 twinks in Legion Pre-Expansion Patch

Hurtaz

Grandfathered
The PTR has just been released for the Legion Pre-Expansion Patch and it's time to see what's coming this summer!

This is a thread where we could help each other finding out how level 1 twinking will be in Legion. If you find something, comment in this thread and I will add a summary of general information and each class.

So get into the PTR and help me fill this list!

General

- All classes starts with a specialization
This results in new starting abilities.​

- It will be easier to obtain PVP items
Items that was previously purchased with Honor now requires Mark of Honor instead. These items are BoA and are reward from bgs and arena.
- New PVP Shoulder enchants are added from PVP vendor
Stamina/PVP Resillience are removed, but three new are added with Agility/Resillience, Strength/Resillience or Intellect/Resillience. Isn't it strange that they add Resilience enchants?
- Honorable Medallion won't be available until level 10
Before the Legion Beta release, Blizzard told us that players will get a spell with the same function as Medallion Trinket. At that point, you would get it by joining a BG or Arena or learn it from your trainer. On the PTR it seems like it's only available thru joining BG or Arena.
- Damage nerf (from Patch 6.2.4) is gone (?)
The UI where character stats was displayed is redesigned and does not show the damage tab anymore. This means we can't see the damage reduction, but I'm not sure that means it's gone.
- Spirit Enchants will be replaced by Versatility Enchants
This means we will be able to have Versatility enchants on Chest, Bracers and Boots. May be worth to prepare, but I think +All Stats and Minor Speed still be better.
- Changes to Mail and Palate armor
As many of you already knows, Hunters and Shamans can wear Mail from level 1 and Warriors and Paladins can wear Plate from level 1.​

Druid
Default Specialization: Feral

- Starts with Cat form
Yup, it's right. The only ability they start with is Shred, so may not be as powerful as in level 19. Cat form has a 30% speed increase though. Will be interesting to see how this will work.​

Hunter
Default Specialization: Beast Mastery

- Arcane Shot got replaced by Cobra Shot
Arcane Shot has beed replaced by Cobra Shot. AS cost 30 focus and deal 31 damage on my hunter. CS costs 40 focus but also deal more damage (58 damage on a newly created level 1 hunter). This means we will see increased damage from hunters.

Cobra Shot's damage scales with gear and on a semi equiped twink it deals 194 damage. If this doesn't change until releases, we will see some sick damage from hunters!​

- Hunters can now equip Mail Armor
Guess everyone already knew this. Hunters can now equip mail armor.​

- Human Pet's crit buff is gone
No more +5% Crit for Humans it seems...​

Mage
Default Specialization: Frost

- Frostfire Bolt got replaced by Frostbolt
Not a big difference. Mage will still be a weak class at level 1.​

Monk
Default Specialization: Windwalker

- Stance of the Fierce Tiger is removed
This change makes Monks really weak since it removed the 10% damage increase they had in WoD.​

- Monks can now dual wield

- Jab got replaced by Tiger Palm

Tiger Palm deals extremely low damage and is probably the worst starting ability together with Priest's Smite and Shaman's Lightning Bolt.​

Paladin
Default Specialization: Retribution

- Crusader Strike got replaced by Judgement
This means only auto attack is available for weapon procs, but add the ability to deal damage from a range of 30 yd. The damage from Judgement is however low and has a long cooldown. Paladins were already weak, and they seems to get even weaker in Legion.​

Priest
Default Specialization: Discipline

(No changes has been done to Priests compared to WoD.)

Rogue
Default Specialization: Assassination

- Sinister Strike got replaced by Mutilate
This means Rogues won't be using swords anymore since Mutilate requires daggers. In the end, this seems to reduce the rogues damage.​

- Throw got removed

No more throw for rogues.​

Shaman
Default Specialization: Elemental

(No changes has been done to Shamans compared to WoD.)

Warlock
Default Specialization: Demonology

- Shadow Bolt got replaced by Drain Life
Drain Life will be the starting spell for Warlocks. It deals 56 damage over 6s which is pretty low, but it does heal for around 45 each second. On the paper, warlock seems to be the best level 1 class in Legion, but as we know casters do have a hard time hitting higher levels after the removal of hit.​

- Passive shield buff added
For every damage you and your minion deals, a shield ignoring damage will be applied to you and your minion. This shield increases damage ignored depending on damage dealt up to 15% of total health.
Warrior
Default Specialization: Arms

- Heroic Strike got replaced by Slam
Seems to be about the same damage output as Heroic Strike. Warriors may be as good as they are now, the only downside is that the majority of the other classes gets better.
Summary

We won't know if these changes will be released in the Legion Pre-Patch before it's out, but if it is, we will see big changes to level 1 twinks. A lot of classes got new starting abilities and some boring classes just got interested. The only disappointment when seeing changes to starting abilities is that no class starts with a healing ability. Would be so fun to bring back the level 1 healers.

To summarise the classes from what we've seen in the Legion Pre-Patch PTR, I put together a list of how powerful I think the different classes will be in Legion where 5 is better and 1 is worst:

5: Hunter
4: Warlock
3: Rogue, Druid
2: Warrior
1: Mage, Shaman, Paladin, Priest, Monk

Last edited:
Whaaaaaaaat holy crap man. This is gonna change a lot. I can't wait to check all of the changes!

Thanks for making this master thread, gonna be quite helpful; for those looking to get into level ones later in the xpac and/or see what their lvl 1 will look like in Legion. Right now I am just waiting for the copy character to work on the PTR.

This is excellent! Just what I was hoping for this expansion! Can't wait to see this thread updated with more class info. Thanks for posting :)

This is really cool might make a few level ones now

Damage nerf is gone (?)
The stats display is redesigned and you can't see your damage. I don't know if this means the damage nerf is gone, but I hope so.
>they redesigned this part of the UI so maybe now they'll revert the recent nerfs?
literal autism wtf

>they redesigned this part of the UI so maybe now they'll revert the recent nerfs?
literal autism wtf

If that is a interpretation of the text, you're correct.

Updated the text so hopefully it's a bit easier to understand now ;) Still in a hurry tho, so it may not be on spot this time either!

Amazing thread, good job man :) Looking forward to legion!

Can someone who has lvl 1's on the ptr, put together a PTR update with what each class at lvl 1 gets as spec and spell?

I'm sad to report that it does in fact seem that the Legion Invasion Event will be Instanced, as well as scaling to each Character's Level. This means that unless Blizz changes their Instance tech in the next ~3-4 weeks that 1-9's won't be able to participate in the Invasion and get rewarded for doing so :(

I'm sad to report that it does in fact seem that the Legion Invasion Event will be Instanced, as well as scaling to each Character's Level. This means that unless Blizz changes their Instance tech in the next ~3-4 weeks that 1-9's won't be able to participate in the Invasion and get rewarded for doing so :(
Ye, all we can do now is to cross our fingers. Otherwise, we have the opportunity to get the gear on a higher level in transmog purpose!

I don't know much about legion, but what about the demon hunter class? Is it possible to play as level one? Or are they like death knights, starting at a certain level?

It appears theyre now adding arbitrary level requirements to quest rewards transmogs now. Fucks sake. https://i.imgur.com/AduKAO7.png

Please upvote this post to call attention to this shit
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/4p52nz/arbitrary_level_requirements_being_added_to_quest/

Just look at the cunts replying to it. A bunch of blizzard cocksuckers that love to defend anything that they do. Absolutely ridiculous. They can't comprehend that people want to play a low level character in any fashion.

Let's just keep every low level in the same fucking ugly shadowcraft/valor/dreadmist sets you fucking shitheads, yeah that's great. Fuck these people.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread