EU The rebirth of F2Ps

Creating a home for F2P players, dedicated to World PvP. Would you like to join? Choose your side:

• Total voters

Quint

Grandfathered

Welcome to Everyone!
________________________________________​

Let me tell you a few things about myself (you can safely jump to the second post otherwise). I had been F2P since late Cataclysm, I had started PvP in early MoP on a PvP server. I played with most of you and many others who aren't around anymore through these years. I've almost reached the Bloodthirsty title on Alliance side. Holy Paladin was my main, I healed a lot, but I have tried almost all class & spec lately. I'm far away from the best, but I can tell you, I had the opportunity to play with or against the best Ones in this bracket. Thank all of you for that. :)

Currently I am an active 20. I upgraded my account in WoD, and I had become veteran. I completely regret it.

Unlocking all my characters take at least 30 min, many times I forgot doing it before my subscription expired. It's another stupid mistake, when I accidentally reach 21 after I pay again. So much frustration. :mad: Upgraded account consumes too much time and money, and doesn't satisfy me at all. Blizzard adds plenty of new pets, toys, mounts, ... by every update packages. Those are cool, but collecting these are exhaustive. It isn't challenge at all, just time sink. Transmogs are great, but unlock all of them requires completing thousands of quests, over and over through four armor types and two factions. I never felt my veteran account would be complete.

Call me idiot, but I miss the restrictions. It helps me reach the limit. I'm like "someone, who can't function being out of jail."

- I still remember how awesome feeling was when I finally won the roll on a desired blue item, like Mindthrust Bracers.
- Or after several months I had collected enough token to buy a new heirloom.
- Or when a kind mage ported me to Outland, so I could continue my exploration.
- Or every time, when I helped other twinks to get Bands of Serra'kis, because that boss was skipped all time.
- Or when I swam along the coast of Kalimdor using my Hook of the Master Angler. It was a long way for acquire that chicken pet.
- How many of us said "OMG!" when we finally fished up a Keefer's Angelfish? :D
- I travelled to Northrend to fish up a Sea Turtle, I saw other twinks already had it and I was so jealous. I can never obtain that, but I didn't feel 7 thousand failed casts would have been wasted time. I thought one time it will drop and then I will be in heaven.
- I killed 20+ rare mobs every days to get Fortified Boots & Gauntlets of the Eagle for my holy paladin. I think only I had both along Spiked Chain Wristbands.

There was always something, which was worth the effort. So many sweet memories... I enjoyed so much being a pure F2P. I'm rather run 1000 times Shadowfang Keep as level 20, than complete 1000 boring quests or dailies as level 100 to obtain one thing.

This is one of the reason why I've created this thread. I want to know how many of you feel the same way? Overall, are you satisfied with your current state? Tell me, please.

So I'm thinking about to create a separate Battle.Net account, to become starter again! No invasion gear, no P2P enchants, no P2P heirlooms... Just go back to the roots. I will keep my P2P account, though.

Creating a new F2P community
________________________________________​

I don't want to be alone again, so I ask all, who are interested in (re)organize a new F2P community. This time, Horde and Alliance must be in the same Crossrealm Server Group, so World PvP may be scheduled, not just occasional.

These realms, what I've chosen are on PvP servers for hardcore gaming experience:

Bloodscalp (HORDE EU)
vs.
Shattered Hand (ALLIANCE EU)

- The language is English. Server names are cool enough, I think. :)
- The population is low, so login queue won't hold us back. Don't forget F2P is the lowest priority for login servers.
- They are in the same Crossrealm Server Group, so World PvP will be feasible.
- They are connected to many other realms. It helps if 12 character slots don't enough for you or your desired name has already taken. F2P addon should works through connected realms.

It won't be any rules. You are free to do what you want, and it's your choice how you treat others. Our guidelines should be something like: help each other, respect your opponents, objective gameplay in BGs, say no to cheating, teach the newbies. ^^

I don't say you have to abandon or delete your existing account. No, just create a level 20 character on these realms, give a chance for a new beginning. You can be pure or linked, veteran or active: but keep in mind, unenchanted F2P gear will be preferred here.

So who do I recommend this?

Anybody, who ...​
  • ... is a new F2P player.
  • ... is a returning twink.
  • ... wants to start again with a clean sheet, like me.
  • ... is brave enough to taste World PvP.
  • ... seeks challenge.
The main activities may be:

• Instanced PvE
    dungeon runs for blues, reputation, darkmoon quest items, recipe of swiftness potion or just for fun
  • World PvE
    group up to raid high level zones, kill elit mobs such as raid bosses, explore the world together, unlock flight points ...
  • Instanced PvP
    battlegrounds & arenas, of course
  • World PvP
    group up to raid questing areas, organize battles between us (horde vs. alliance) at different locations, small or large groups
  • fishing up sea turtle, help each other in fishing tournament on Sunday
  • dueling
  • Using F2P addon (I've never tried.)
  • just afk ^^
Please, answer the POLL above!

Feel free to tell your opinion in comment. Any advice and suggestions are appreciated as well. This is just an idea at the moment, but if enough people would be interested, then maybe it could happen! :)

Why wouldn't you start this on one of the established servers? I.E Aggramar (Horde) or Magtheridon (ally). Think it would get more people to join since they can play their "main" 20's.

But best of luck!

Why wouldn't you start this on one of the established servers? I.E Aggramar (Horde) or Magtheridon (ally). Think it would get more people to join since they can play their "main" 20's.

But best of luck!

I understand your statement.

My idea is to create a new home for both sides where World PvP is also feasible. Aggramar and Magtheridon are PvE realms. Furthermore they aren't connected at all. Most of the players on these realms became enchanted veterans with full invasion gear. I want to give chance for the new players, too.

Creating a level 20 character on a different realm is really easy & fast now, especially if you have already collected the heirlooms.

Last edited:
I understand what you mean, just the fact that alot of people tend to enjoy playing their main more than a "random lvl 20". But as I said, best of luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread