The pretend ele

toskosa

Veteran
So a while back jadefire made a thread or was it a post? about various enh shaman playstyles, one of which caught my interest. I have spent the past wek or so just screwing around with the idea of spellenhance shaman. This is what I have so far after testing various stats and stuff...is there room for improvement? oh yeah lots mainly ilvl 28 socket gear ( pref haste/mastery) and ghost iron dragonling trinket would be a huge boost ( Ill go into this later)

Any way this is a pseudo guide to maybe get others interested in playing the setup.

Q-Why play this?
A-Because its funny and different.

-Stats-
Mastery- super huge stat, even better then agility but only slightly.
Agility- Pretty self explanatory.
Haste- I would try to get enough haste to get your casts down to 1.7 in bgs, 2 second casts are just too long for pvp.
Vers- a nice stat to grab where you can, I would get it on socket pieces if you feel you have enough haste.
Crit- crit is nice to have but idk the others feel more impactful to gameplay.

Just using my character as an example with 70% mastery and 180ap and +3 weapon stone my abilities are as follows ( outside of instanced bg/dungeon its higher in both)
Lightning bolt 277
Flameshock 87 and 546 over 18 seconds
Eelemental Blast 511
Frostshock 202
Lightning Shield 67

-Talents-
Elemental Blast is your only choice...it makes the build thanks to enh mastery being a flat % damage increase that's pretty easy to stack up.

Lightning shield + counterstrike totem Very funny watching melee die to my 100+ eleshield crits and counterstrike totem damage. I have had random rogues die attacking me without me even once targeting them, very amusing stuff.

-Weapons and enchants for them-
Massacre for 2handers and weapon damage if you go dual 1handers.
I tested this out and massacre is slightly better then weapon damage for 2handers but not by a whole lot, so I would guess for 1handers flat weapon damage enchants would be better.

Massacre gives 13 ap ( outside of bgs) and weapon damage gives 4 outside of bgs and 5 inside.

-Choosing between bramble and 2 1 handers-
my shamans theme is mimicing ele so I went bramble for that ( transmoged into a caster staff) But if you want to use melee moves like Stormstrike and lava lash you need to dual wield, I can't say for sure which set is best, if horde using moks and cudgel might be better then bramble but as alliance bramble might be best. Need to test that theory out though.

-Proffs-
What ever you pref but probably eng/alch
Alch for the flask and eng for its everything but mostly for the trinket.
Enh mastery is really easy tog et up to high numbers and you are hungry for haste so this trinket is amazing. Next time I get game time I will be getting it 100% but doing the grind as f2p is pita. You will want to get this trinket though and maybe even the goggles for more secondaries. That being said though a 28 green with a socket will probably be a solid choice as well.

-Gear-
Green ilvl 28 with a socket and either mastery/haste or vers/maastery if you feel good on haste
pants- wyrmscale greaves are sick you will probably want a pair of these, just stupidly good pants.
Weapon- Bramble/moks-cudgel(if horde)/cudgel-socket fistweapon from auch/socket heirloom axes. The heirloom axes are interesting but I do not have them so I can not test them out.

There is still a lot of things I would like to try out and test but spring-fall is a busy time for me, I will update this thread though as I continue to tinker around with this build. I am open to idea and stuff as well so feel free to post your thoughts. I have played this set up in bgs and I have gotten 1k+ blast crits and 500-600 lightning bolts, It feels like overall it could be better if I could jsut get more haste though.

For dual wield:

1) I think your highest net will still be BC gem gear with all +3 agility gems... Mastery takes a huge hit in BGs... you can do +25 neck/ring/ring for a decent chunk of mastery.

2)
Mainhand: MAJOR STRIKING weapon damage on Mok/Naralex
Offhand: SUPERIOR POTENCY attack power on Claw of the watcher with +3+3 agility gems would be BiS) max raw damage bonus.

Slow weapon off hand or MAJOR STRIKING offhand nets less.

3)
If you are going gangster like above with all spell/no melee you would want to use Dense Sharpening/Weightstone on both weapons... INSTEAD of Windfury/Flametougne (they do not stack with each other).

4)
I still think this build nets more damage than Elemental does, you lose insta frostshock... but Elemental blast at this level with Mastery is just a better/more often/bigger Earthshock.

Last edited:
Reactions: KPI
Been wanting to try this as Enhance myself, for a while.
Been rockin a Mastery/vers build for Ele lately. I might come back to this tonight :D

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/guldan/flameohotman

So, this is what I have been working with so far. Don't have the rings, neck, bracers, cloak... well now that I list feels like I got a long way to go. Got a sweet Xmog though.

Solid takes, I use the 2h as well bc why would I ever use my precious hands to hurt people like a freaking barbarian.

I think that it is a mistake to overprioritize mastery, it is defiantly important but I don't think that it is more important than Agi. you lose allot in BGs.

Not my video but looks like a 19 enhancement Shaman has been doing the same. Maybe he could share some info. Uses the name Razor on XPOFF.
cool vid. The playstyle is incredibly different @ 19 than @ 20 unfortunately because the loss of primal strike. Also, 20 is allot more "competitive" bracket. There just are not that many twinks @ 19 so its mostly a pug roll bracket now unfortunately.

New with cement shamy. The 34ilvl artifact is total useless?
Go for mok main and 1x 2socket offhand?

Back from a backpacking trip with some friends, lots of interesting replies here. The 19 shaman has primal strike which is cool but it changes to stormsrtike at 20 so cant use that. I am not 100% about the enh artifact weapons, they have mastery but mastery does take a hit in bgs so I am pretty sure weapon damage is better in bgs.

Does weapon damage enchant on offhand not boost damage to lightningbolt/ele blast jade? I cant remember for sure and I am not at home to try it out atm.

Users who are viewing this thread