EU+US The Present, Past & Future - An Unorthodox Telling

Dan

Architect
Founder
The Present, Past & Future - An Unorthodox Telling​
For your eyes, and your eyes only.

Before you continue reading, you should note that nothing I say should be taken too seriously, only taken into custody and chewed on a little.
Alot of the content on this site, or in general related to games, feel so structured and manufactured. I have taken my feet out of the box, and this is the result.
I felt like there was the need to explain this beforehand.
Viewer discretion is advised!

past-present-future-sign1.jpg

The original thought was to write, inform and educate the youth of twinkers about healing. I wanted to share one of my biggest passions in this game, and interpret it with my life as we went by. And how even the smallest things we do, even in such a miniature section of a game - reflects on who we are as people.
However, I had to get away from the thought, as we were restricted not to write any guide-content.

I had to dig...
Had to go a little deeper. Deep inside the cave of the twinking community...

It's dark, a stank of thick foul breath enters my lounges. I want to cough, but opening my mouth would only result in myself becoming more intoxicated. I cannot see, feel my limbs, body nor face. Yet, I feel naked, I feel alone. It hurts, something hurts. The sound of a thousand screeching whispers penetrate my skull. Moans and yells appear as hollow sounds throughout the dark cave. All my senses start adapting to the enviroment, as a bat adapts to the dark. I can see, but not myself. I see others. I see the setting now. The walls are solid, had I guessed - a mixture of rock and concrete, thick, yet hollow. There is no road nor light behind me, had I no memory, would I not had known how I got here.
There is no getting out of this cave. I see people, I see cavemen, bashing eachother with rocks fallen from the walls. Passionately putting all their energy towards breaking bones. They look alike, infact, they looked like brothers, like family. Next to them is a woman. She's old, bitter, grumpy and cold? The dirt and ashes on her face make it hard to recognize her age. With long un-pedicured nails attached to her fingertips. She seems to be crying, with a blend of moaning. Gazing and observing the surroundings, without inflicting or doing anything to better the situation, she moans instead. The more I stare at her, the louder it gets. Why is she crying? Her cry turns into screaming, I cannot help but stare. I feel angry, wanting to yell at the woman, stopping her sorrow and helping the situation, but I can't. I open my mouth, but no air comes out.
Where am I? I'm in the dark cave of the twinking community.

Present - The Unsatisfying Now
This is the current meta of the obnoxious community we all partake. Most of the civilians in it, sit on the sidelines, prospecting the scenery from a distance, while the slaughter in the center continues. Even if the viewer would want to raise a voice and change a thing or two, the possibilities are limited. The hungry wolfs howl is louder than the lambs cry. The walls in this place are thick. Once you enter, you are attached, and struggle to leave, if it's this community or the game that we play. Every road you take, there are moans, complaints about The 'Now'.

What is now? Now is today, today is the present, and the current 'word on the street' is, that the present sucks! 'I miss the old days', 'I hope tomorrow brings something new'. What doesnt occur, is that
you don't know what you have, till it's gone.​
Once today is yesterday, yesterday doesn't look all that bad. There's always something to complain about in the present. It's easier despising today, than taking it into custody and admitting failure. Since today is filled with mistakes, just remember that yesterday was aswell, and so will tomorrow. The past is usually always filled with good highlights, and therefor tend to misconfuse history as flawless.

Past - The Blooming Past
Once upon a time, in an age not as far and dramatically cool as it could had been, - close to the beginning of mankinds creation. In the fog of the newly born World of Warcraft, a creature bending the world as it pleased had been born. Where there is order, there is chaos, and where rules are created, someone is determined to break them. Playing the game was fun, but climbing to the end of the ladder (end game) was tough. Reaching your destiny twice as fast, without comitting yourself to a specific class, was far more rewarding. Twinking was made, and quickly expanded.
Around mid-vanilla, twinking was a thing, a term; used for the superior angels of the gulch. Buffed from the heavens with shiny weapons and deadly powers, they conquered the plain fields of the gulch.
An expansion and a stone throw later, an intelligent pack of cells approached the scene. 2007 was the year, Twinkinfo was created, in other words, the twinking community as a whole. What back then was originally called vTwinks, (supossed to support the battlegroup Vengeance), an unsuccesful idea, created in the mist of nowhere. Nowhere, but not nothing, there was something! One day, with dust on his fingertips, nature grasped around him, and the idea was planted. Creating a helpful, aswell as general site for twinking, and its addicts. With a few words of wisdom, and some heroic confidence, people took the challenge at hand. 'What was this new site they were hearing so much of? For rookies and the elites, everyone was welcome. What started as place for blogs, turned into 'the place to be' - forum. Twinkinfo was everything, all was Twinkinfo. Something created from an idea, but truely committed out of passion, passion for helping others, a little room for everyone. Some content that no one knew about, and other content that everyone should know about. It didn't matter, it was there for everyone, and for everyone it was there to stay. Where you could come and share openly, without the risk of getting bashed back, people came with open arms to rescue for the people in question. Prevail this legacy.

Future - The Brighter Day
So, what does the future hold? Almost nothing that the past and present hasn't. But not as anything negative. Everything has happened before, and will happen again, it is revolution, and it is evolution and it's the circle of life. It's for you & me to decide, how we let this content run through our trakt of a brain.
While the realism scares many of us, we find 'pleasure' in taking the world on, yeah... Not the actual world, but this world. This world, the game which most of us use as a mask to hide from reality. Looking truth in the eyes is rarely the option you'd want to chose, so drifting time, by keeping your mind in place, occupied - this is the game we play. Just don't forget to play the actual game either. Sufficating in the room with no air, taking the lack of oxygen out on others, while you should be showing a little love instead. Get out, smell the freedom of grass, taste the the warm summer rain fallen freshly the sky. Drift your ways alongsides wind and earth, feel the breeze ruffle through your hair.
WoD is around the corner, and has brung boners around the place. Just remind yourself, that if you do not like today, you will not like tomorrow. A wise turtle once said;
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today, is a gift - that is why it's called the present.

Best of luck with every path should you chose to take.
Happy summer!
(tldr :D)​

Last edited by a moderator:
It's dark, a stank of thick foul breath enters my lounges. I want to cough, but opening my mouth would only result in myself becoming more intoxicated. I cannot see, feel my limbs, body nor face. Yet, I feel naked, I feel alone. It hurts, something hurts. The sound of a thousand screeching whispers penetrate my skull. Moans and yells appear as hollow sounds throughout the dark cave. All my senses start adapting to the enviroment, as a bat adapts to the dark. I can see, but not myself. I see others. I see the setting now. The walls are solid, had I guessed - a mixture of rock and concrete, thick, yet hollow. There is no road nor light behind me, had I no memory, would I not had known how I got here.
There is no getting out of this cave. I see people, I see cavemen, bashing eachother with rocks fallen from the walls. Passionately putting all their energy towards breaking bones. They look alike, infact, they looked like brothers, like family. Next to them is a woman. She's old, bitter, grumpy and cold? The dirt and ashes on her face make it hard to recognize her age. With long un-pedicured nails attached to her fingertips. She seems to be crying, with a blend of moaning. Gazing and observing the surroundings, without inflicting or doing anything to better the situation, she moans instead. The more I stare at her, the louder it gets. Why is she crying? Her cry turns into screaming, I cannot help but stare. I feel angry, wanting to yell at the woman, stopping her sorrow and helping the situation, but I can't. I open my mouth, but no air comes out.
this is what playing 20-24 does to your head

TL; DR: Twinking is in a constant state of flux, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, right now is no exception.

The future isn't written yet but it will be the same confused mash up of good/bad/bearable that it's always been.

View attachment 4357

"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."
- Yogi Berra​

i cried
well done random person
10/10
would read again

Last edited by a moderator:
The Present, Past & Future - An Unorthodox Telling
For your eyes, and your eyes only.

Before you continue reading, you should note that nothing I say should be taken too seriously, only taken into custody and chewed on a little.
Alot of the content on this site, or in general related to games, feel so structured and manufactured. I have taken my feet out of the box, and this is the result.
I felt like there was the need to explain this beforehand.
Viewer discretion is advised!

_______________________​

past-present-future-sign1.jpg

The original thought was to write, inform and educate the youth of twinkers about healing. I wanted to share one of my biggest passions in this game, and interpret it with my life as we went by. And how even the smallest things we do, even in such a miniature section of a game - reflects on who we are as people.
However, I had to get away from the thought, as we were restricted not to write any guide-content.

I had to dig...
Had to go a little deeper. Deep inside the cave of the twinking community...

Present - The Unsatisfying Now
This is the current meta of the obnoxious community we all partake. Most of the civilians in it, sit on the sidelines, prospecting the scenery from a distance, while the slaughter in the center continues. Even if the viewer would want to raise a voice and change a thing or two, the possibilities are limited. The hungry wolfs howl is louder than the lambs cry. The walls in this place are thick. Once you enter, you are attached, and struggle to leave, if it's this community or the game that we play. Every road you take, there are moans, complaints about The 'Now'.

What is now? Now is today, today is the present, and the current 'word on the street' is, that the present sucks! 'I miss the old days', 'I hope tomorrow brings something new'. What doesnt occur, is that

you don't know what you have, till it's gone.
Once today is yesterday, yesterday doesn't look all that bad. There's always something to complain about in the present. It's easier despising today, than taking it into custody and admitting failure. Since today is filled with mistakes, just remember that yesterday was aswell, and so will tomorrow. The past is usually always filled with good highlights, and therefor tend to misconfuse history as flawless.

Past - The Blooming Past
Once upon a time, in an age not as far and dramatically cool as it could had been, - close to the beginning of mankinds creation. In the fog of the newly born World of Warcraft, a creature bending the world as it pleased had been born. Where there is order, there is chaos, and where rules are created, someone is determined to break them. Playing the game was fun, but climbing to the end of the ladder (end game) was tough. Reaching your destiny twice as fast, without comitting yourself to a specific class, was far more rewarding. Twinking was made, and quickly expanded.
Around mid-vanilla, twinking was a thing, a term; used for the superior angels of the gulch. Buffed from the heavens with shiny weapons and deadly powers, they conquered the plain fields of the gulch.
An expansion and a stone throw later, an intelligent pack of cells approached the scene. 2007 was the year, Twinkinfo was created, in other words, the twinking community as a whole. What back then was originally called vTwinks, (supossed to support the battlegroup Vengeance), an unsuccesful idea, created in the mist of nowhere. Nowhere, but not nothing, there was something! One day, with dust on his fingertips, nature grasped around him, and the idea was planted. Creating a helpful, aswell as general site for twinking, and its addicts. With a few words of wisdom, and some heroic confidence, people took the challenge at hand. 'What was this new site they were hearing so much of? For rookies and the elites, everyone was welcome. What started as place for blogs, turned into 'the place to be' - forum. Twinkinfo was everything, all was Twinkinfo. Something created from an idea, but truely committed out of passion, passion for helping others, a little room for everyone. Some content that no one knew about, and other content that everyone should know about. It didn't matter, it was there for everyone, and for everyone it was there to stay. Where you could come and share openly, without the risk of getting bashed back, people came with open arms to rescue for the people in question. Prevail this legacy.

Future - The Brighter Day
So, what does the future hold? Almost nothing that the past and present hasn't. But not as anything negative. Everything has happened before, and will happen again, it is revolution, and it is evolution and it's the circle of life. It's for you & me to decide, how we let this content run through our trakt of a brain.
While the realism scares many of us, we find 'pleasure' in taking the world on, yeah... Not the actual world, but this world. This world, the game which most of us use as a mask to hide from reality. Looking truth in the eyes is rarely the option you'd want to chose, so drifting time, by keeping your mind in place, occupied - this is the game we play. Just don't forget to play the actual game either. Sufficating in the room with no air, taking the lack of oxygen out on others, while you should be showing a little love instead. Get out, smell the freedom of grass, taste the the warm summer rain fallen freshly the sky. Drift your ways alongsides wind and earth, feel the breeze ruffle through your hair.
WoD is around the corner, and has brung boners around the place. Just remind yourself, that if you do not like today, you will not like tomorrow. A wise turtle once said;

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today, is a gift - that is why it's called the present.

Best of luck with every path should you chose to take.
Happy summer!
(tldr :D)
Very well written!! The past for me was Vanilla throughout WotLK(Golden Days)! Their was balance of all classes being a helping hand and not over stacking one class and very friendly community! Cata and WoD thinking to me was horrible long as fuck que times due to wow implementing the xp off players to stick to their own battle grounds making ques 30mins+ to never happening wasn't worth my time. Once pre-legion hit twinking was back for me! The instant pops seeing all classes have a role of their own everyone helping one another in building their new twinks. Yes some changes I can do without like the ilv scaling for bgs but after giving it a shot still didn't change much with your skills really shining now due to everyone being on equal grounds and not having this amazing GF gear from good old days but now I can que and enjoy playing on my free time with all my friends and help build and relive the good old days the future to me is looking brighter then before!

Users who are viewing this thread