The origin of our name

Dethtic

Founder of Stormwind Sewer Rats
Looking back at my years of service to the 19-29 brackets, I've wondered how my origin begun. I used to play a lot on my first character ever made, Migon Twilight's Hammer, and how I used to grind spirit pets back in wrath of the lich king. My usual weekends contained 7 hours of spawn camping various rare spirit pets, we are talking about the big boy pets before the age of cross-realm became a thing. The first step of a pet collecting hunter begins with patience, and if that fails, time will make due on your conquest. My year begun taming all the spirit pets and that wasn't enough for my adrenalin silverdragon alert pump.

Cataclysm hit out. After getting Gondria's brother Ankha, I had my eyes on the notorious Deth'tilac. After 10-15 mins of kiting that king of spiders, I claimed his trust. My shit geared twink rogue, Shadowclaw, a sign of respect to my latest conquest, I would here by be hense known as Dethtic. If a spider could take me on for 15 mins, why shouldn't I take on the bracket for 9 years.

Am I one to be feared? Or a friend in your adventure?

Post your origin.

During my early years, I’ve had 4 characters I’ve gotten attached to.

Dunstannann, my first character. Dwarf hunter.
Daltert, my second. The priest.
Maxximborn, third nightelf rouge.
And Martoth, my 4th. The pally minotaur.

sometime later in my early years, my father decided to play on horde side and I moved most of my characters over to the other realm where my father was. Even decided to make some of my alliance characters go horde as the result.

since Martoth was taken I’ve decided to make a new name by combining more and op. I’ve just added the i for the extra touch.

when people recommended me to this site since I was really good at pvp at the time. I’ve decided to add both my horde and alliance names to my current name.

That’s pretty much my origin story for my name.

Edit: great, gotta retype everything again. THANKS TIMED OUT!!!

Last edited:
Icehawk was my first ever D&D character. Used to roll D&D with my uni mates and it went on for years and with many late night adventures.
He was banished by a Beholder and miserably failed his saving throw...... never to be seen again...... well, until WoW.
The original D&D Icehawk was a lawful good Warrior - who thought he was a Pali ;) but not smart enough :(

The old D&D crew met up again in WoW but another friend chose Warrior, and so I chose a NE Hunter and named him Icehawk, so he was re-born.
But original Hawk was Human, so when humans could be Hunters, NE Icehawk was parked up as Icebear took to the stage and I mained him for many years.

Both Hawk and Bear were BM Hunters, and after many years of end game, I had grown to love the Hunter and also had a soft spot for Nelves.

My first foray into the 20 bracket was in Cata, where I started a 24 Draenei Surv Hunter with Explosive Shot. His name was Nighthawk.

But it wasn’t until Warlords that the current Iceháwk made his way to the centre stage. Based on the original NE Icehawk.

So that’s where Icehawk comes from!;)

Mine dates back to late TBC.
Scroll to bottom for super TLDR version.

I was playing with a bunch of Swedes in arena. We all played a private server called Dominion WoW at the time as well. We'd all use names like "Besteu", "Bestegypt", "Bestchina" etc.

This also needs a little more backstory, because depending on when you started playing WoW, you will now associate my name with either Raiku or Whaazz. In TBC retail, Raiku was NOT playing a mage. He was a rogue main. He played rogue on the very same private server as well (Dominion WoW) under the name "Raxzors", "Notraxzors" and "Israxzors". He later made a mage named "Afraid". We would be a small group of a few people that would go on to spam duel each other all day, every day.

Fast forward a bit into WotLK late season 6, start season 7 and Arena-Tournament server became a thing (the server many years later would merge with another server and is now known as Warmane). We all jumped on A-T and started playing. My main at this point was a mage named Zerohero (both on retail & A-T, playing RMP and Shadow RMP 3s, Mage Ele Shaman and Mage Disc in 2s).

After playing a while I kinda got bored and started playing other games a bit more. Raiku and one of the others we used to play with (another Dane, I can't remember his char name, only IRL name at this point) jumped back on retail with recruit a friend. They had both made names for themselves as Mage (Raiku) and DK (other guy) mains respectively, so that's what they ended up playing from then on.

I don't touch WoW for a looooooooooong time.
Fast foward; A few IRL friends of mine gets me back into it late Dragon Soul patch of Cataclysm. I play a bit of PvE and PvP with them, just having some fun.

Fast forward to WoD, I by chance get so bored that I am actually watching a Swifty stream when browsing Twitch (I know). At this point, Swifty is playing low level pvp with a guy called Duopally. I had personally thought twinks weren't a thing anymore, having not played one since TBC (twinked for like 2 weeks with some IRL's on Laughing Skull).

Seeing that twinks are still a thing, and that endgame is now so god awful, I figured I'd give it a shot again. I had to come up with a name. My impression of twinks that stuck with me was basically simple-minded people that liked to oneshot / gimp unsuspecting players. I wanted to be more than that, so I went back to my old groups naming convention and made Bestworld (mage).

TLDR; version:

-I was the first (in my group that later included Raiku) to have the name Bestworld cuz I was (am?) a cocky kid. This was TBC.

-Raiku was the first to become globally "known" with that name in WotLK s7-8 Arena-Tournament (during my break period).

-Whaazz is now the one using the name.

-I am now currently on a break from the game.

I will most likely carry the name in the twinking scene as a lot of people have become familiarized with it.

In late BFA and later, there was some US Ally rogue with my name (Trigs asked if it was me). No, it's not me.

Last edited:
When i was in grade 4 me and some friends were making up nicknames for when we made a spaceship and went to mars, this was the name I made......I have been using it since then for pretty much all games. Starcraft runescape legend of ares wow private servers... Idk I like it.

I actually went by Strattera or Stratt (for short) because that was the name of my first ever toon (that I still have and occasionally play!) from way back in vanilla that I raided with into TBC and Wrath. My girlfriend at the time got me into the game and I was just kinda searching around for a name and she was a pharmacist and my eyes fell on one of her books and caught the word "Strattera". Which is an OG ADHD medication. I thought that was kinda funny, had a nice ring to it, so I used it.

Fast forward several years and we had split, my raiding guild collapsed, and I was getting into twinking and building my first orc warrior and he had chops and I thought the double entendre between the facial hair and the chopping of an axe was corny and stupid enough that it made me chuckle.

It stuck eventually and here we are.

Fast forward several years and we had split, my raiding guild collapsed, and I was getting into twinking and building my first orc warrior and he had chops and I thought the double entendre between the facial hair and the chopping of an axe was corny and stupid enough that it made me chuckle.

It stuck eventually and here we are.
you're such a fkn nerd!

Main is named Kick.

Made a banker alt named Kkick in woltk.

Made him into a lvl 10 "combat banker" (aka twink) in cata.

Wanted to brand myself on youtube like every teenager out there.

Thought I'd have a huge following and wanted to sponsor all the twinks who would pour in to join my guild.

Named him Sponsor

@yetswow unable to call me Sponsor shortened it to Sponsy and said it for years.

I now go by either one of them.

I met a guy from the states on a school I went to. He was totally high on all kind of prescription drugs all day. He was so confused and changed his mind about everything all the time, so saying " Wai what? " was his most common expression. This became a joke between me and my irl friend Butters another twink. So when I created a new twink back in WOD after a long break (cos of the xpoff/xpon separation) from playing lowbies, the obvious name was "Waiwhat" !

Derpyhooves comes from the My Little Pony cartoon. It used to be my daughter’s favorite show, so of course I had to watch it a bunch whether I liked it or not. The Derpyhooves character cracked me up so it became the name of many of my wow toons.

The other majority of my character names are from TOOL songs.

2ECD0D73-6738-42E1-B92C-EABA2CB37F07.jpeg

Looking around for inspiration for a name (this is probably about 10 years ago now) Had a stack of vinyl behind my monitor, I remembered Rush had some cool names for their songs (Xanadu, Madrigal, By-Tor and the Snowdog) picked up Hemispheres
First song is Cygnus, Of course someone already had the name Cygnus. Changed the y to an i and here we are.

lol, i thought you really liked cigarettes...
You may find this surprising, but I get that a LOT
I did in fact smoke for a year or two which turned into a bad vaping habit lmao
Nic free for about 3 years though

my main name I use is Fxv, which I was renaming my monk. decided to press 3 random keys and came up with Fxc, when renaming my rogue, I came up with Fxv, since V is next to C.

my twink name I was thinking of feelsgoodman pepe and came up with feelsgreatman, but too long so shortened to Feelsgreat ^^

Users who are viewing this thread